View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktrelan
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: how do you get the XIV weapons/consoles etc.. R&D

My main is KDF Klingon Tactical, I have a Jemadar Carrier. 

I understand I need to do R&D to get from Fleet XII to XIV.

how do you do these upgrades?

Where do you get the boosts or whatever to increase your skill to make them?

Any assistance would be appreciated,

Qapla

K'Trelan, Capt, 7th Fleet/88th BN
COMO Sapel
Science - Commodore

Awarded:

On the road so forgive the brief reply - here is a good starting place to read up on this topic

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4gg9x3/upgrade_weekend_megathread/

And of course the game info : https://sto.gamepedia.com/Gear_Upgrade_System

Hope this helps.

While you can craft your own upgrade kits, that takes a lot of time to achieve. Most folks (by that I mean me) chose to do the daily missions and work your way up over time. That means logging in everyday and running the r&d missions. Then you have to invest in the doffs to make the high level gear like the TR-116 and such, and that is expensive. But if you run a lot of toons, like I do, it is definitely worth the time. Alternatively, you can purchase the upgrade kits (superior is best in use of dil) and go that route. The dilithium is another matter.

That can be obtained by mining it at Vlugate and the Fleet mine, mission rewards, and by doing Admiralty missions. If you are a life member, you can also use your monthly zen stipend to purchase dil. Alternatively, you can buy zen and then buy dil, but that can get expensive. The last way to obtain dil is with the periodic missions that you can complete to obtain 50k dil upon completion. And believe me, upgrade to XIV gold requires a lot of it. The recommended method is to upgrade your vulnerability locators to XVI gold first and then your weapons.

By the way, the KDF has a weekly Kick a Tribble event every Monday at 8:00 p.m. EST. We run STFs, ground missions to support fleet projects, and help each other to obtain reputation gear. It is also an excellent time to socialize with your fellow KDF players. You, and anyone else that would like to attend, are most welcome to join us.

Richter/Gorgas

Com7th I.T.S.

Awarded:

Understood,

(OOC) My time difference is Philippine time so that is early morning for me if I don't have family duties, I will attempt to attend some.  Also, I need a PM on the discord location, i already have it loaded up. 

Q'plah.

K'Trelan

VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Mr. Ktrelan,

Here are some thing to do:

1. Create/have a toon that is Delta/Temporal Agent based.  If you have neither, the Delta toon can be created over the next couple of weeks (they open these character classes in brief windows of time and rarely, so do it soon -even if you don't get going with it for a while).  I am still working on both of mine.  There are BIG benefits with these toons - the biggest is getting special DOffs to create R&D stuff namely the TR-116b rifle and the Aegis Set for your ship.  They also come with awards that you can share with you other toons. 

2. Create in the R&D system or buy from the Exchange hundreds of Superior Tech Upgrades (and have Dilithium on hand) or The Phoenix Upgrades (bought with Dilithium but uses none in the upgrade process and only at certain times of the year) in large lots.  I stock up on the Phoenix Boxes and Upgrades - they give a bigger bang for the grind to upgrade and use less Dilithium overall. 

3.Once you have the Upgrades needed, right click on the item to upgrade, choose "Upgrade Item" a box will appear , click in the open boxes at the top to fill with Upgrades you have and click the Apply Upgrade button over and over until that Upgrade Cycle is done - and repeat until you reach the desired level and quality for that item.  To get Epic you can go through 100 or mor of the Superior Techs, or 30 to 60 of the Phoenix Upgrades to bring a (Blue) Rare Mk XII to an Epic Mk XIV, and somewhat less to get to a Very Rare or Ultra Rare MkXIV.  

When you pick your item find the best specs you can.  Also remember, pickup all the swag you can from missions.  They can now be turned in for Salvage (right click on an item collected from a mission - not everything can be salvaged and choose Salvage Item), and you can tweak the specs on a good item to make it better.

The bottom line is that the R&D, Upgrade and Salvage Respecing is all a form of grinding to get what you want.

Hope this helps,

JT

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Ktrelan
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Thanks for the tips.  I just created a delta alliance Federation Eng, who also needs an invite to the fleet.

/Salutes

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Ktrelan wrote:  "My main is KDF Klingon Tactical, I have a Jemadar Carrier."

Cool beans!  We have a mixed bag of Klingon players at the 7th I.T.S.; we fly just about everything you can find in the game, so you are in good company. 

Special Note:  First Wednesday of each Month is Carrier Night, where we bring out the big ships and their little friends. 

Qa'pla!

Vo'Quv Carrier

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Ktrelan
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Added to my calendar. 

I have a Lev 60 Rom(KDF) Sci char and Sci ship

I have a Lev 60 Vul(Fed) Sci char and Sci ship

I have a Lev 13 Trill(Fed) Eng char (Delta Alliance)

Ktrelan
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

I bought a ton of those Phoenix boxes.. LOL  only received rare and below.  Grabbed everything they offered plus 150 tech upgrades. I am now cruising at XIV. 

KDF:

60 Klingon Tact; Rdy for action

60 Rom Sci:  Rdy for action

Fed:

60 Vul Sci: Rdy for action

60 Tril Eng (Delta); Rdy for action

Now I just need to get online in the morning my time. (Currently school break and many activities at 9am (( 6pm EST))

Q'plah

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Ship Loadouts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: