View previous topic :: View next topic  
FCPT. Mitchell. D. Ries
Tactical - Captain

re: Easy way to get lvl 65 when the expansion hits

I've been doing a little bit of math with the upcoming level cap increase and found some interesting results.

as it stands the required exp to level up fo each lnew level is rather low, ranging from 12,500 from lvl 55-60 and 17,500 for lvl 60-65.

Here is a table to easily understand the exp required, it will show the difference of exp required for a new level as well as the amount required for a Specialiation point.

Lvl Exp Required Cumulative Exp Required
55 12,500 75,000
56 12,500 87,500
57 12,500 100,000
58 12,500 112,500
59 12,500 125,000
60 12,500 137,500
61 17,500 155,000
62 17,500 172,500
63 17,500 190,000
64 17,500 207,500
65 17,500 255,000
Spec Point 159,100 296,600

These numbers are pulled straight from Cryptic's post about the level cap increase, which you can find here. I highly suggest anyone who hasn't read through it just to skim over it. As there are a couple of things that will be happening when they increase the level cap, for one any exp you currently have going towards a Spec point will be voided when they release the expansion, this is to make sure no one has a head start to getting to the new level cap. However you will be awarded one Spec Point for the exp that you lost, it doesn't matter how much you loose, you will be given one. I suggest that you prepair yourself and all of your characters as you should be able to get away with having a small amount of exp for a Spec point saved up, and just get a free Spec point for little effort when the expantion rolls out.

*Side note. You've all heard of day one patches, now you'll be getting a day one Spec Point! Thanks Cryptic!*

Now on to the good part, I hope you all remember that little tab next to your duty officers missions, just a small thing called Admiralty. Yeah well it turns out that a Tour Of Duty (TOD) mission will award you close to 13,000 exp just from a normal completion, I don't know the numbers for a critical success but I believe that it would give you more exp. For those who have all 8 mission slots unlocked you should be able to queue up at least 4 TODs at once, With a few more queued up you can easily get from lvl 60 to 65 in no time flat.

My recommendation:

ABUSE THE HELL OUT OF THIS

If you can get as many TODs ready to go a few days before the expansion rolls out, all you'd need to do is set them to go and forget about them untill the lvl cap increases. Then turn in all of them to get all the exp you'd need to get to lvl 65. The amount you'd need would be at least 6-7 TODs but I recommend that you try to get all 8 plus do a few Doff missions as well, don't forget that you'll get a free Spec point for the exp lost when the expansion rolls out. So you'll be getting a heap on day 1 if you do this right

The rewards:

61- Tier 5 Ship Token and Tier 5 Ship Upgrade Token

62- Specialization Qualification Manual

63- NEW! Captain Ability

64- Elite Gamma Quadrant Duty Officers

65- Epic Admiralty Ship: C.U.V. Tain

Extra- Free Spec Point for all lost Exp from lvl cap Increase

Agian I highly suggest that you abuse the hell out of this.

Us crazy Aussies need to stick together
FCPT. Mitchell. D. Ries
Tactical - Captain

Update

I just logged on to check some of my Admiralty missions and a very rare mission that was projected to give me around 8000 exp has given me 18,000, that would be more than enough to get me one level closer to 65, I have also found out that you can only do 4 TODs at a time (one for each faction), so you'll have to find some missions that will give you a large amount of exp 7-9 thousnad will do. If you crit them, then you should have enough exp to go straight to lvl 65 on day one. But I'll still recommend that you put the extra doff mission on just in case you need an extra boost of exp.

Us crazy Aussies need to stick together
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Admiralty Missions - the other way to loot and XP. 

Many thanks, FCapt Mitch!

Qa'pla

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

VADM Kor
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

A most excellent idea, Sire!

[right at the end of the clip]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: