View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Moonlight
Tactical - Captain

re: Soundtrack

I've been playing STO for years now.

I did notice with new episodes came new soundtracks but after 2 or 3 days they were as cheap and annoying as the rest. same old - same old. I havent played the in game music for years.

I do however find farming/mining/grinding goes smoother with some Music in the background. I used to like Subspace radio - the online music channel - http://subspace-radio.net/ but that gets loud on occaision and lazy at times with long shows of a musical or something.  Its a good effort - but not all the time.

My preference right now is a spotify channel of Hans Zimmer - picks of movie soundtracks he composed like Inception, Dunkirk or Interstellar. I find these suit the game really well and dont get old. the track 'Dream is Collapsing' is really good for an online space battle, and fits really well, as does 'Cornfield Chase' or 'Time' when you just load up the game. The Borg Defera Battlezone (or any ground zone) suits the track 'Supermarine'. Theres some new Bladerunner stuff in there that works well.

The playlist is called 'This is: Hans Zimmer'. Youtube would have something similar you could try playlist wise I would imagine.

Let me know if this is something you would try / have tried, and what you listen to if the roster is quiet (the time diference makes that regular for me) and you've got an hour to 'Boldly Go' in game when its just you.

S&F,

Captain Moonlight.

Thank you, Captain Moonlight.  

How can I incorporate this below to over-ride current STO music??   (Sorry, I technology impaired).

http://download-soundtracks.com/television-soundtracks/babylon-5-soundtrack-by-christopher-franke/#comments

Babylon 5 Soundtrack

Babylon Five, the game I wish I could be playing. 

Cheers - Smaug

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Captain Moonlight
Tactical - Captain

Have you downloaded that file sir? its quite a size and will take some time... let me know if you have and I'll give you some options to run it while you are Trekking.

S&F

Captain Moonlight.

Jump to: