View previous topic :: View next topic  
VADM Wulfric Richter CoS
Tactical - Vice Admiral

re: Event Ship Selection Suggestions

Hi all!

As I am nearing the time for selection of my event ship, I thought that I would give a few pointers as to what is available (and also because someone asked the same question!). So here are some things to consider for tactical Captains:

Xindi Ataleth Dreadnaught, a.k.a. The Dog Sled

This ship isn't important for its looks, at best, it's an ok ship. But the trait is something else. When you reach complete mastery of this ship, you gain the Superweapon Ingenuity trait, and that grants an additional five seconds of uptime to Beam Overload. Without the event, you have to spend lobi.

NX Re-fit

The NX re-fit is another ship that isn't all that and a bag of chips. But like the Ataleth, you want the trait. If you use Beam Overload (BO) and Cannon Scatter Volley or Fire at Will, this trait will give you a 100% additional damage to your BO. As BO provides a 4x damage already, that's saying something.

TOS Dreadnaught

Besides looking very cool, this ship comes with the Dynamic Power Re-distributor Module or DPRM. The DPRM provides +40% bonus (cat 2) damage, +100% damage resistance for 20 seconds, and +500% regen for 20 seconds. Making this console a must have for all builds. It has been called the father of the DOMINO, and for good reason.

Bajoran Interceptor

You want the DOMINO console, and this is the only ship that has it. The console grants a passive boost to phaser damage, and on activation a 25% weapons haste, a 25% bonus (cat 2) to all damage, 25% cool down bonus to BOFF abilities, 100% recharge on torps, and if you defeat a foe, you get a 2 second increase to up time to a max of 20 seconds.

While not exhaustive, these ships will provide a major boost for those looking to increase DPS. Consider your build, plan where you want your ship to be, and then shoot for what will give you the greatest edge. Engineers can take advantage of these ships as well, as can science. And that goes double for the DPRM. Hope that this helps you to decide what to take from the event and if you choose something else, there is always next year!

Any idea if you can snag the Sagan class from this? I don't pay much attention to the promo stuff anymore due to lockbox stuff.  But this one I been doing for the Inquiry just to have.  But would rather have Sagan if it's an option.

Not certain, but you can go to the events tab and click on the rewards tab and it will list the ships that you can get. I hope that this helps!

Sweet thanks!

Jump to: