View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Ezreq Blodvaerd

re: Suggestion: Create an Op-For (7th IKS)

CptLongstreet wrote:
Great idea. I think it should not be handstrung with formalities, and starfleet chain of command. Black ops Should not be a klinhon guild.
wouldnot take long 4 that guild to be found out.

Actal tactics can be tested in war games.

This is exactly what I had in mind, but I will make it more clear, what my intentions are.

These Klingon alts are not meant to function outside of the 7th Fleet. They are not secondary characters in that their goals are the same as our main character's goals as they relate to the 7th Fleet.

These Klingon alts, will not engage in combat vs. other Federation ships or associate with other klingon fleets. They are solely a training extension of the 7th Fleet.

The Klingon roster would not be included in the overall roster of the 7th Fleet. For example, Blodvaerd's Klingon alt would not have his own identity here on the forums, he is just Blodvaerd in a different uniform and ship.

re: Re: Suggestion: Create an Op-For (7th IKS)

Blodvaerd wrote:
I also intend on having a Klingon alt and I suggest that all in the 7th do the same. I have not read anywhere yet that we won't be able to have toons on both side, even though it is on one server.

I was already thinking of doing this... nothing like playing as your enemy to learn what its strengths and weaknesses are.

Blodvaerd wrote:
For those not experienced with MMOs, having an alt on the Klingon side would give us valuable insight into the "enemy's" ships, BOs, capabilities and potentially even fleet tactics.

Don't forget fleet staging areas... figure they have to meet up somewhere for a big push.

Blodvaerd wrote:
Furthermore, this force will not be used against other Federation fleets. Its sole purpose is to train the 7th fleet in pvp tactics.

And have some fun :-).

Akulax wrote:
As Sun Tzu said in THE ART OF WAR, "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

True but he also said "The best victories are won without fighting" sadly in the MMO world that just isn't true .

On a side note my favorite quote is "In warfare one must continually advance the military technology. The penalty for failing to do so is immediate and fatal." Ironically thats almost my personal motto.

CptLongstreet wrote:
Great idea. I think it should not be handstrung with formalities, and starfleet chain of command. Black ops Should not be a klinhon guild. wouldnot take long 4 that guild to be found out.

I'm sure that name would be taken by a real Klingon Guild sadly . But in the MMO world names like that are everywhere. But I'm with you if we do it name it something more "low key" also if we do this block this section of the forums from view, and only the members of the actual squad should know the name... this would help avoid leaks for what ever reason.

CptLongstreet wrote:
Actal tactics can be tested in war games.

Tactics yes but fighting against actual Klingon ships will be different since they are being designed totally differently... e.g. mostly forward facing weapons, cloaking technology, I'm sure their weapons will have different stats as well.

CptLongstreet wrote:
Klingons..operate more like pirates. a Captain and a crew, no ranks. Since our Klingon will mix with other Klingons, we do not want our Klingons..to even remotely reflect star fleet

Its an MMO people will be from very spot in the spectrum .

CptLongstreet wrote:
I think it would be better that our klingons alts were scattered al lthrough the kilingon impire, reporting any info they have back to starfleet.

This has good sides and bad sides... since the intentions are to gather intel it would hurt and help... having people all over the place would provide a wider base of information but it will also limit the members to more casual guilds... those kinds of groups will be more out of touch with the day to day operations of the PvP subculture of the game. Sadly this kind of question can't be answered till we are already well into the game... it all really depends on how the politics on the side of the Klingons develops.

Blodvaerd wrote:
These Klingon alts, will not engage in combat vs. other Federation ships or associate with other klingon fleets. They are solely a training extension of the 7th Fleet.

This is where I disagree I would actually want to participate, just to explore the faction to its fullest and might as well see how different federation fleets adapt to klingons this would allow us to develop our tactics. Although I would agree that participating in anything that moves lines on a map would be a bad thing.

In short if this goes down I'm in I'll be trying out the Klingons anyway so might as well.

PS I hope you enjoyed my wall of text.

Last edited by Throggdor on 12/25/09 0:29; edited 1 time in total

No matter what I say, or how you may take it. I'm only saying it because I stand up for what I believe in. You should never take it personally, if you do that for me I will do it for you.

Ezreq Blodvaerd

A bit of information and then a clarification.

1. We will be able to have both Fed. and Klingon toons on the same account, unlike WOW, eventhough there is only one server.

2. Clarification: Reason I thought to use the 7th IKS as just a training squadron is because I did not want to take away a great deal of time from us developing our "main" 7th Fleet characters.

Your points:

If we are to have a fully functioning Klingon Faction Fleet, then I agree, it should be in a "secret" area of this forum. I would still not prefer to have this set-up because I think it may lead to split loyalties, but this is probably my EVE inspired paranoia rearing its head.

Blodvaerd wrote:
1. We will be able to have both Fed. and Klingon toons on the same account, unlike WOW, eventhough there is only one server.

Yea I was unaware of that at the time of my last post.

Blodvaerd wrote:
2. Clarification: Reason I thought to use the 7th IKS as just a training squadron is because I did not want to take away a great deal of time from us developing our "main" 7th Fleet characters.

I'm all for juicing up my main... but it never hurts to give your alt a hug.

Your points:

Blodvaerd wrote:
If we are to have a fully functioning Klingon Faction Fleet, then I agree, it should be in a "secret" area of this forum. I would still not prefer to have this set-up because I think it may lead to split loyalties, but this is probably my EVE inspired paranoia rearing its head.

I really have no interest in having a "strong" Klingon guild... I just think its a fun thing to do as a diversion.

Also ironically I had this conversation in Eve earlier tonight... its only paranoia if "you think" someone is out to get you... in Eve everyone really is out to get you .

No matter what I say, or how you may take it. I'm only saying it because I stand up for what I believe in. You should never take it personally, if you do that for me I will do it for you.

Ezreq Blodvaerd

re: Casual, No Consequence, PVP, Monster Play

http://www.massively.com/2009/12/28/...r-trek-online/

After reading this, it is clear that Klingon "Faction" is nothing more than a casual diversion from our main Federation characters.

Again, Klingon Faction will not support viable player created fleets, such as what we have here with the "Lucky 7th."

This being said, the creation of the 7th IKS is still something I would like to do. In light of the article above, it would actually be a benefit for the 7th Fleet to internalize its PVP (Fed. vs Klingon) rather than rely on server ques or instanced battles with perfect strangers.

We could hold sceduled weekly events where we take turns fighting on both sides.

Here is a useful link for Klingon Rank structure and equivelants.

http://www.ikvbloodlust.net/ranks.htm

Excellent idea!!! Most excellent!!! That way when we all feel like PvP we can just hope on over! Or we can also set up practices where we go at it to try tactics etc Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Suggestions Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: