View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
SATC Krahe

re: Working with other Fleets

Now I understand that 7th fleet may or may not be PvE centric, but it does seem there is at least an interest in PvP. With that in mind, I am wondering:

Does the 7th Fleet plan on co-operating and coordinating with other Fleets?
(Stop me now/or ignore this if its already happening- I understand there may be parts of the forum not visible to chaps of my rank)

Should we perhaps create a section of the forums specifically for cross fleet communication? Perhaps start a dialogue with other portions of Starfleet in preparation for launch? Is anything like this planned? If not not, it something to keep in mind for later down the road (certainly may be to early to start that now).

I suppose with STO not being a full on RvR, such things may not matter, but there could be something in the game, eventually, that may require 7th Fleet to work with, say, 4th Fleet (an actual fleet for STO, ha cha) in order to succeed.
Admiral Van Wormer
Science - Admiral

Awarded:

We are members of the League of Fleets and the Federation of Fleets.

I must have missed that info. *goes to re read stickies for pertinant links*
Christian M. Hanson
Tactical - Rear Admiral

Awarded:

Not to mention, we will and should work with any Federation Fleet or task force that requests assistance. We are a Fleet, but we are all one Giant Fleet :-)

Awarded:

Well put Mr. Hanson!

this will also depend on how the game is set up... personally I want to see how they divide up control of star bases and systems if you can only have so many people, federation space may very well end up being cut up not to mention fighting for the more strategic locations. Kind of how it works in Eve.... that would be totally awesome.

No matter what I say, or how you may take it. I'm only saying it because I stand up for what I believe in. You should never take it personally, if you do that for me I will do it for you.

Christian M. Hanson
Tactical - Rear Admiral

Awarded:

Throggdor wrote:
this will also depend on how the game is set up... personally I want to see how they divide up control of star bases and systems if you can only have so many people, federation space may very well end up being cut up not to mention fighting for the more strategic locations. Kind of how it works in Eve.... that would be totally awesome.

I honestly don't see federation fleets fighting for control of a sector of space.. Mainly because PVP zones are in the "neutral zone" and instances only. I see the fleets sharing space and yes having to compete for resources. But I really do see all fleets coming together in a crisis.

Remember, lots of little fleets, one overall goal; the protection and defense of the federation, and our way of life.

Commandant Christian M. Hanson wrote:
I honestly don't see federation fleets fighting for control of a sector of space.. Mainly because PVP zones are in the "neutral zone" and instances only. I see the fleets sharing space and yes having to compete for resources. But I really do see all fleets coming together in a crisis.

Remember, lots of little fleets, one overall goal; the protection and defense of the federation, and our way of life.

I have a very hard time believing this especially in an MMO. Also if I'm not mistaken only at launch will the PvP be limited to I believe they have plans to expand it.

No matter what I say, or how you may take it. I'm only saying it because I stand up for what I believe in. You should never take it personally, if you do that for me I will do it for you.

Ezreq Blodvaerd

Although not specifically addressing the OP, I have read somewhere that Cryptic was thinking about the possible ability for fleets to build and control their own space stations.

As for working with other fleets, I'm sure it will naturally take place. There will be those ad hoc groupings for certain missions (unless you have a fleet of your own), as well as forming nuetral zone PVP fleets to search and destroy the enemy.

Awarded:

well from what i hear from the ppl who are already in beta working with other players and fleets is forced as u auto join into a group if u rnt ina group already in certain areas(please correct me if im wrong beta ppl) but that is one feature i would like to see removed

Blodvaerd wrote:
Although not specifically addressing the OP, I have read somewhere that Cryptic was thinking about the possible ability for fleets to build and control their own space stations.

Thats awesome... I really hope so.

Anton Mercer wrote:
well from what i hear from the ppl who are already in beta working with other players and fleets is forced as u auto join into a group if u rnt ina group already in certain areas(please correct me if im wrong beta ppl) but that is one feature i would like to see removed

Man I hated that in Warhammer you would always get some really bad people joining your groups when they did that.

Admiral Van Wormer
Science - Admiral

Awarded:

The option to auto group can be deselected. The option to build a fleet of five people is in place.

Commodore Van Wormer wrote:
The option to auto group can be deselected. The option to build a fleet of five people is in place.

Sweet... good they actually took something useful from Warhammer.

Bilarius Atlanteus Kaiser

I would love the idea of being able to build flee stations

If they are Starfleet, they are comrades in arms. That's really all that needs to be said.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Suggestions Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: