Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Conventions and RW Member Meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
William Anders

re: Star Trek Convention, Chicago, IL

I was talking to Mr Flint last night on Vent and he brought this to my attention.

http://www.creationent.com/cal/stchi.htm#tix

It's the Star Trek Convention in Chicago. I'm think I'm going to order the gold package, but I'm definitely going since I am but 3 hours away. Mr Flint and Mr Brenner, I believe, are giving thought to going as well. So I thought I'd throw this out to anyone that's close by and would want to go.

I think this would be a kickass Fleet Action to attend and represent the Lucky 7th! It starts on the weekend of October 22nd through the 24th. If you're interested just let me know! We can iron out plans as it draws closer to October.

If a moderator could sticky this it'd be much appreciated!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Crisler

I am planning to be up but will likely only be able to make Saturday.. Would love to spend the day with my brothers of the fleet if you can make it.
William Anders

Awesome! Then we'll meet up!

Anomalous Life Form

I'm looking at getting a preferred Saturday ticket and head up on Friday afternoon. I'd be there all day Saturday and all night. Just have to head back on Sunday. Also was thinking that it'd be best to spend money on merchandise I want rather than SWAG.

I'm definitely in on this and am looking forward to representing the Fleet and meeting you folks.

Also, I think it'd be cool if we all could get shirts from the Ship's store with the Fleet logo on the back and ship patch on the front to show some fleet pride and represent.
William Anders

Also, I think it'd be cool if we all could get shirts from the Ship's store with the Fleet logo on the back and ship patch on the front to show some fleet pride and represent.

Definitely! I'll talk to Shack about getting those set up.

Edward Hau

buy me a plane ticket and i'll go! envy

Wish I could do it since my hometown is a 40 minute drive from Chicago. A 2000 dollar plain ticket to go home from Guam isn't in the cards right now though.

"The first casualty when war comes is truth."
-Hiram Johnson

"Destoying an empire to win a war is no victory, and ending a battle to save an empire is no defeat."
-Emperor Kahless
Anomalous Life Form

I have Friday 22 Oct and Monday 25 Oct locked in for vacation and am still planning on an all day Saturday nerd binge and possibly Sunday. Sunday depends on how many of you plan to stay around that day as well. If anyone interested in sharing the cost of a room, let me know. $119.00 is a bit pricey for me.
Anomalous Life Form

Forum Image

Bumping so the new recruits know about this event. Maybe we can look at others dates, times, etc.

I'm still a go for Chicago.
Crisler

As of right now I know ymself and Mr. Flint are going to try and go, any others?
William Anders

As it stands now we have 5 interested in the RL Fleet Event.

FLTCAPT Scott
CDR Ardell
LTCOL Brenner
CPT Flint
LT K'gress
and myself

We're planning on Friday and Saturday being our main Trek days. Promoting the game and fleet will be a main focus. Along with having one hell of a good time.

We are also looking into room and board, and figuring out what we can do so we aren't shelling out loads of cash for either.

More plans to come!

Crisler

A 7th Fleet PR Officer I am requesting that everyone please try to get a fleet shirt from the store to wear on Saturday. Make sure it is one with the large fleet logo on the back.

Additionally I am in the process of attmepting to procur some copies of STO that we can ahdn out on Saturday during the convention.

Gentlemen remember that we are not just going for fun but we will be representing the 7th Fleet and be ambassadores for the STO community.

Last edited by Crisler on 08/27/10 7:24; edited 1 time in total
Ezreq Blodvaerd

Forum Image

It seems that they don't have conventions in NY any more!

Comic Con
E3
Star Trek

Etc, etc.....All we seem to have is car and boat shows now a days!

Unfortunately, I can not attend. No vacation time in October!
Anomalous Life Form

Forum Image

Question.

Assuming we will want to remain in a group during the events, which tickets is everyone planning to purchase, preferred or general? Information is provided below.

If I do not see a response by next Friday, Sept 3, 2010, I am going ahead with my plans to purchase general tickets for Friday and Saturday. My reasoning is that general tickets will be half the cost of the preferred and I am taking into consideration travel (from Cincinnati) and accommodations.

I have my T-shirt from the store, good call LT K'grress!

Ticket Information:

Preferred: You get a reserved seat in the theater where all the guests appear and events take place and you also get admission to the vendors area.

FRIDAY: $60
SATURDAY: $40
SUNDAY: $70

General: You get to see all the guests and events in the main theater from a non-reserved seat and of course you get admission to the vendors area.

FRIDAY: $30
SATURDAY: $20
SUNDAY: $40
Crisler

I was going to spend the extra for the Reserved Saturday myself. BTW it looks like Cryptic is in, I have been told we will be getting some free copies to hand out, just not sure of the number yet.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Conventions and RW Member Meetings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: