Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Conventions and RW Member Meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Anomalous Life Form

re: Star Trek Convention, Chicago, IL

I have no problem with getting reserved tickets for Saturday but I can't for both days and may have to skip Friday depending on cash flow.
William Anders

I was going to spend the extra for the Reserved Saturday myself. BTW it looks like Cryptic is in, I have been told we will be getting some free copies to hand out, just not sure of the number yet.

Wow! That's friggin fantastic.

I have no problem with getting reserved tickets for Saturday but I can't for both days and may have to skip Friday depending on cash flow.

Yeah Saturday would be fine. I think I've decided not to get the super awesome gold package. Just so I can better plan where funds will be going for the weekend.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Anomalous Life Form

Might be a good idea to get as many as possible on vent to discuss plans so no one gets left in the cheap seats and we can be a true show in force once we hit the deck. I'm still going to wait until Friday to get my tickets just in case something changes.
William Anders

Yeah. And the site says we need to purchase tickets (for the reserved seats) together. So we definitely have to figure that out too.

Crisler

We need to get this figured out now to get seat orders done. Also I have official word from Cryptic that they are providing 5 copies of STO for us to hand out at the convention. In return we are to give them some pics of our trip...

This BTW could be a great promotion for the 7th fleet in the STO community...

This means we need to get this together and get as big a turn out as we can!
Crisler

Okay I would like to hear confirmations on who else will be going. My wife and I today booked a room at the Westin O'Hare so we do not have to worry about parking. Cost BTW if you book soon is $120 a night so if you guys are ging to share the room I would suggest doing it soon.

I also just ordered two Saturday general addmision tickets. I am excited to see who else will be there..

BTW we are lucking out a bit. This htoel is only about 5 miles from where my wife grew up. She knows the area fairly well so we should have no trouble getting around if we need too.
Anomalous Life Form

I ordered a Saturday general admission ticket as well. Still looking into alternate rooms but thinking this is going to be best. Going to wait on reserving a room.

I'm pretty sure I'll be coming up on Friday and staying that night, then leaving on Saturday after we are all done at the convention.
Mac D. Ardell
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Gentlemen, I am a Go for this. I will be locking down my travel and two GA tickets for Fri and Sat. All that remains is lodging. I am willing to split costs for rooms, and will need to stay Fri and Sat night. I'll be good to go with floor space by the door if need be. If we split Fri and I'm on my own Sat I can adjust accordingly, just need to know. Cheers.

Okay gentlemen we need to get this together soon. Pricing for hotle rooms is already on the rise for this event. I need confirmation of attendance as we are booking a reservation for 6:00 PM CST at Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse for the participants to meet for dinner.

Looks like meals there run about $50 a person so if this is too rich for everyone let me know and we will find something else.
William Anders

I know Flint, that other Anders fella and I are a go.

I'd really like to get on vent and all of us iron this out. Bout the only time I can be on at a decent time is on Fridays and Saturdays.

Anomalous Life Form

Another thread was started in the announcements area since it is going to be a bit bigger than just a few of us getting together to celebrate our geekdom. We're going to be getting some stuff from Cryptic and taking pictures and then probably getting our FUGLY mugs plastered all over the STO website.

From what I see in this thread, the other one and talking on vent with a few of you...

The following have confirmed this as a go.

K'grress & Wife - Has Tickets
Big Anders
Lil' Anders
Mac Ardell
The Original Man of Mystery (Our Man Flint) - Has Tickets

A special appearance by Wild Bill Augurson is in the works.

A plan to meet and have dinner on Friday night is also in the works. Please confirm if you can or can not make a 6 PM dinner.

We're getting there! I do believe that we have accommodations locked down as well?

Let's shoot for a meeting this weekend. Friday after the Fleet event would be best for me, I will be unavailable all day Saturday.
Marcus Korr

I will be able to make that meeting but it will be later for me to get on. Most likely 11-midnight is when I will be on. But Big Anders should know the whole story for me. Since we are going together.
Anomalous Life Form

Here's an update.

After talking to Big Anders last night, he, Lil' Anders and myself will be arriving in Chicago late Friday evening (22 Oct). I'll be swinging by Indianapolis (area) to pick them up on my way.

1. They have made arrangements for our accommodations for the evenings of Fri (22 Oct) and Sat (23 Oct). Floor space is available for attendees from 7th Fleet. ;)

2. The three of us are going to attend Sat (23 Oct) and part of Sun (24 Oct) and traveling back home Sunday afternoon / evening.

3. We'd like to request that the dinner be rescheduled for Sat (23 Oct) evening if at all possible. If not, no biggie but we will be unable to attend a Fri (22 Oct) dinner.

This is going to kick some major ass!
Crisler

I think a reaschedule can work, lets say 6:00 Pm Saturday then? End the day with us all having dinner together and sit around drinking and chatting?
Anomalous Life Form

Outstanding my friend! Saturday at 6 it is, and I think it'll be easier to organize since we'll pretty much already be together.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Conventions and RW Member Meetings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: