View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisler

re: Comms Consolidation

I am wondering if the command staff has looked into consolidating the fleet comms structure. While we right now have a serperate channel for every task force we must admit that most are under utilizewd if not completely none used.

Additionally the server lacks a common room area now that we have standing orders to not stay in the lobby.

Since the current taskforce strucutre is not being fully utilized I would suggest a change to the channel setup.. The change I propose is as follows:

Ten Forward: This is a general catch all for fleet members to meet in for an open discussion.

Action Channel #: The Action Channels would be for members involved in fleet actions. Since to date I have not seen more than 4 active actions going on at once I would suggest just 4 of these channels.

Admiralty This channel would be password protected or limited in access to allow the Command Staff a private area to meet in.

Command Office #: This would be passworded or limited as well but be open to all Task Force Commaders and XOs to allow them to conduct private Task Force business as needed. Again the need for a number at one time might see the need to make 2 of these but I doubt more than that is actually needed.

Bunk Room: The idea of this room is to give a place for the members to move to when they are going 420 for an extended period and do not want to log off. Depending on the server it might also be possible to set a default move to this room when somone goes inactive on the Comms system for more than say 10 minutes.

If we had a more active Task Force oriented strucutre then the current structure would make sense but the truth is we have little in the way of Task Force oriented activities during my time here and based on what I have heard this is the norm.

Just putting some thoughts out there...
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Comms Consolidation

*shrug*

I like to think of it as 'roomy.' You can have my task force channel when you pry it from my cold dead hands, sir. Not that this is a bad suggestion you are making... just sayin'. twisted

Jump to: