View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisler

re: Task Force Descriptions

Right now for many new recruits the selection of a Task Force is a bit confusing since there is no real method to find out the differences. If we are going going to remove that part of the application and assignh after they have joined then I submit we need a standardized mission statement as the FIRST sticky of each Task Force Forum. We need so,ething that gives new recruits a clear and definitive image of what each Task Force is doing.
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I believe that recruits are supplied with the following link to aid them in determining what post they wish to be placed in:

http://www.fleet7.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=835036&gid=84053

For the most part, the TF subforums do tend to have stickied threads with information on TF role. In some cases it takes a bit of digging, but by and large the info is there.

Hell, I've been here 6 months+ and I could hardly tell you from memory what all the TF's are supposed to be doing, or who's in charge of each one.

Recruits are going to have a lot of reading to do if they want to immerse themselves in the fleet. I could compile a 1 page sheet with the TF's listed, what their role is; but in all honesty if they have to do a bit of digging into the TF subforums they are going to get a much better idea for each TF's unique feel and personality. And, if they have chosen one that they later on decide they don't like, they can always request a transfer. I doubt they would be refused.

sparrow794 wrote:

Hell, I've been here 6 months+ and I could hardly tell you from memory what all the TF's are supposed to be doing, or who's in charge of each one.

This single line speaks more than the rest of your post. This shows that we have to many that have fallen idle and we need to reconsolidate...
Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Mopar63 wrote:
sparrow794 wrote:

This single line speaks more than the rest of your post. This shows that we have to many that have fallen idle and we need to reconsolidate...

To be honest some ppl do and some ppl won't. Even I, as fleet captain and leader of both SG's do not fully know each and every TF's role to the fullest. Every TF's CO and XO are very active within both game and site activities, If you have a questions, then ask them, and they will answer to the best of there ability. The site is designed, as Captain Shackleford said, to immerse the new recruits into the 7th Fleet, in both RP and non-RP elements, give them a broad view of TF functionality and command structure, and to make the new members more confident when actually talking to older members or other members, because of the knowledge gained by themselves. This is a ship-shape ship that just needs a few knots tightened in the mast line, that's all. if you have any further concerns please let me or one of the other command staff members know, and we will try and clear it up for you

Well said Mr Mercer.

And I see someone changed the descriptions of the TF's. Much better!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Lang S
Engineering - Vice Admiral

I'm working it to make it better

feedback is always encourage....however rome wasn't built over night

I'm working it to make it better

feedback is always encourage....however rome wasn't built over night

Agreed!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Suggestions Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: