View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Promotion Ceremonies Guideline Proposal

I have given some thought to Mr. Augerson's opinion that in game promotion ceremonies should be reserved for forum/fleet promotions, and not for level advancement.

I have to agree. But I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud; I think level advancements are just as important - particularly to the individual who is levelling up - and should be worthy of frontpage recognition.

Here's what I think we should do.

For forum/fleet promotions, we should hold the in-game ceremony in the stateroom. These are a couple of great examples of what these posts (and screenshots) should look like:

http://www.fleet7.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5428978&gid=84053

http://www.fleet7.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5428939&gid=84053

What was great about these was that a large number of people turned up - and it was very cool to see multiple people being honored at the same event.

The problem with doing this type of ceremony when people level is that some folks level late at night, or some other time when no one's on, and they get left out of the news cycle - so they probably feel left out. Because they are.

So, when people level, I think the news report should be for a 'ship christening.' By levelling, the member is adding a new, stronger ship to the fleet, and I think that's important and deserves a front page story. Here is an example of what these posts could look like:

http://www.fleet7.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4866865&gid=84053

What is good about using this format for members who increase in game tiers is that it doesn't matter who is on or what's happening when they level. They go to SB-1, get their new ship, take some screenshots of it, and send them to me - and I'll be glad to news-ify it for them when I get on to check my messages. It won't interrupt anyone's gameplay, but the member still gets recognized - and the in game RP ceremonies become less frequent - thereby more important, and generating more interest in them - which means better attendance. Hopefully.

Anyway, thats my ideas. I would like to hear from everyone, flag officers in particular, on what they think about implimenting these changes.

Awarded:

Forum Image

Thank you so much sir, for taken the time to look into this matter.. We have an outstanding fleet and I just feel that we have a chance ever two weeks to show the new officer just what we can do as a fleet. However I do feel that there are some milestone achivement in game. ie reach admiral etc..... and we should show our support for that officer. Again thanks for taken your time to address the issue....

Cpt Augurson
81st MACO XO
1stSgt USMC Retired

Last edited by AUGERSON U.S.M.C. (Ret) on 08/31/10 15:30; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

I feel that the "Milestone" achievements need to have a ceremony. If we could honor multiple people at once, that would be better!

Forum Image

I agree and support your suggestions sir. One thing to consider is the plethora of events being scheduled in game. A regularly scheduled ceremony to celebrate the achievements of our members sounds like a fine idea.

RANDOM COMMENT ALERT: Ever since I saw The Three Amigos, I try to use the word plethora a whole bunch of times.

/salute
Marcus Korr

I agree as well, If you get a couple of people that have nothing to do and want to sit outside of the space dock when you fly out well that just adds to it. Having just got a promotion ceremony I much rather would have a Ship Ceremony instead. There is much waiting and if you do get a promotion late at night, i.e. Commador Anders. The you just take the screenshots and send them to Shack were he makes a pretty front page picture and you are off to show STO what we can do ingame.

2nd Lt. George "Animal" Anders
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Suggestions Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: