View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisler

re: Keep Your Older Ships

While in Operation Duke Nukem last night a number of us played lower level characters in an effort to more effectively balance the sides. The results where not nearly as lopsided as you might think and was a great deal of fun to play.

With this in mind the level matching system does not appear to work correctly in PvP however we can counter this with the use of low level ships. Not only does this help with balancing but it also creates a more realistic feel to the fights. I mean after all how often do you think the Federation sent out a fleet that was just Star Cruisers and Galaxy class?

As such I encourage all members to not decomission your lower level ships so they can be used in PvP Scnearios in the future.
VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I have yet had any reason to decommission any of my older vessels. This is a decent suggestion/idea, though.

Borannus wrote:
I have yet had any reason to decommission any of my older vessels. This is a decent suggestion/idea, though.

From a different perspective.

I have yet had any reason to keep any of my older vessels. This is a very good suggestion/idea and I believe it will increase the enjoyment of these activities.

The vessels are rather cheap for a VA to pick back up, so this shouldn't be a huge problem.
Crisler

I have a plan I am working on but it needs tweaking. I am an old school SFB player and wrote literally a few dozen battle scenarios for our group to play. I am working on a way to tweak the system to work with STO.

The concept is simple, each level of ship is assigned a point value. For the scenario each side will have a toital number of points they may use in putting together their fleet. The fleet commanders will have to work with the fleet members to get everyone into an assigned ship so they can have their fleet within the limitations.

This system will allow mixed fleets and creat I think some interesting scenarios. I am working up the first one right now and want to talk to a few people before announcing. If this works like planned I can see this being a fleet wide event that is in essence a mini STF as it where...
Mal'Draven

awesome idea Mopar, I am also and old SFB player. that system should work great for setting up scrimmages.

Mopar63 wrote:
I have a plan I am working on but it needs tweaking. I am an old school SFB player and wrote literally a few dozen battle scenarios for our group to play. I am working on a way to tweak the system to work with STO.

The concept is simple, each level of ship is assigned a point value. For the scenario each side will have a toital number of points they may use in putting together their fleet. The fleet commanders will have to work with the fleet members to get everyone into an assigned ship so they can have their fleet within the limitations.

This system will allow mixed fleets and creat I think some interesting scenarios. I am working up the first one right now and want to talk to a few people before announcing. If this works like planned I can see this being a fleet wide event that is in essence a mini STF as it where...

Ahh so many hours of mathematical senseless destruction. Id be willing to contribute Mopar if needed.

LCDR Shi'Rah
Tactical Officer
CO - U.S.S. AVENGER - Miranda Class Assault Cruiser (Alt)
alf13of13

I owned SFB but never once played. I could never get any one to play wth me.
Crisler

I played for years and loved it. Well loved it until my groupd banned me from play Gorn and Romulans. (I loved plasma torpedoes)
krodri73

My Andromadean Dreadnaught will destroy your puny Romulan ship.

LCDR Shi'Rah
Tactical Officer
CO - U.S.S. AVENGER - Miranda Class Assault Cruiser (Alt)
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Sounds like a pretty good idea for trying to balance the groups... and that's important. The most fun fights are the close ones Happy

Jump to: