Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Membership Documents
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Myles Keogh

re: TOS Division (Heritage Fleet)

During the Fleet's Alt Night, several of us got very excited about starting alt characters focused on TOS (The Original Series) play. There are now a number of assests in STO that allow for TOS-focused play, including:

TOS Duty Uniforms (available from the C-Store)
    TOS Phaser 2 and Phaser Rifle (obtainable through the "Night of the Comet" Devidian weekly series episode
    TOS Phaser 1 (Available by replaying the "Past Imperfect" mission)
    New TOS "Value Bundle" which includes TOS bridge and interior, Type F Shuttle, leveling Phaser 2, TOS dress uniforms and TOS medical uniforms (available from the C-Store)
    TOS Constitution Class Starship (available from the C-Store)

Further, The Foundry will soon be live in STO, and there undoubtedly will be several TOS-centric episodes soon available to play. I plan on tinkering around with a few TOS-focused episodes that have been rattling around in my head.

Already, several Fleet members have started alt characters to focus on TOS play. four of us ran our first mission together during Alt Night, and had a great deal of fun.

If you're interested in joining in the TOS fun, sign as a reply to this thread and also indicate a night of the week that might work best for you if a weekly TOS night were to be scheduled. Also, please take a look at the ship names and registries from the Franz Joseph "Starfleet Technical Manual" that are posted in the following thread...

http://www.fleet7.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6633920&gid=84053

Please indicate your ship name and number in that thread (or here, or in both).

We probably would make K-7 or Drozana our home base of operations (these bases seem most fitting for TOS play).

Lastly, we need a name for this new division. Something with a TOS ring to it would be cool. Any ideas?
Admiral Van Wormer
Science - Admiral

Awarded:

I've claimed YORKTOWN (NCC-1704).

Basic rules :

- Ships must be named/numbered as per canon. To number you ship, put a 9 before the 4 digit number (1704 is 91704).

- No special paint jobs. Fleet decals only.

- Recommend Type F shuttles hull numbers use the number of the ship, but a the A suffix. YORKTOWNs is USS John Glenn, NCC-91704-A.

Possible name - Heritage Squadron?
Captain Talbot
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Forum Image

Signing up

Ezreq Blodvaerd

USS BonHomme Richard
NCC 91712 (Currently 91779)
Lt Commander Drath Kur'Pac, Commanding

Reporting for duty, Sir!

Awarded:

Admiral Van Wormer wrote:

Does this include the reman shield? its not a problem for my main but my alt only has the reman shield atm and it does change the hull abit. and for that matter the other sets as well aegis and borg?

The Klingons have the K'Tinga... looks almost like a D-7

That could be fun Happy

Anton Mercer wrote:

Does this include the reman shield? its not a problem for my main but my alt only has the reman shield atm and it does change the hull abit. and for that matter the other sets as well aegis and borg?

From what I understand, the Constitution Class fleet is just that, a fleet made up of nothing but Constitution Class ships. All of these are by their nature, retro fits, and therefore have more advanced fittings than the original.

Then there is the issue of it being a tier 1 Light Cruiser. This will be a difficult ship to use in higher tier missions. I would think that we will have to use every trick in the book, and the best fittigns, just to increase its survivability.

One of the many cool things about the Aegis, Borg and Reman gear is that you can choose to disable the visuals on them. That means you can use them but can still keep that classic TOS look.

Ezreq, you are absolutely right. Using the T-1 Connies means we're really going to have to use strategy and teamwork at higher levels, as well as the right combo of gear. sounds like fun!

Savar - it would be awesome to do battle with a squad of D-7's!!!

Admiral Van Wormer, "Heritage Squadron" sounds pretty good!
Cleo Mavendorf
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Forum Image

I'm so here already!

USS Republic NCC 91271 Lt Kaleo Commanding

Last edited by Cleo Mavendorf on 08/30/11 15:55; edited 2 times in total

Awarded:

Forum Image

Anton Mercer wrote:

You can turn the visual off

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Oh, and it case it wasn't obvious, I'm totally in.

Vice Admiral Morgan Shackelford, USS Defiance NCC-91717
Captain Teg Rakkus, USS Hornet NCC-91714
Commander Festung Todesangst, USS Binar NCC-91819

I would like to suggest 'Legacy Fleeet' as the unit name. Not that there's anything wrong with Heritage, just giving another option to consider.

I have mixed feelings about restricting this to TOS Connies only. I think that if someone in the fleet really wants to be a part of this, but doesn't want to buy the TOS Connie, or, just can't afford to, they should still be able to. We could expand to include Miranda class and/or Connie refits - but then that sort of messes with the effect we're trying to achieve by limiting it to TOS gear in the first place.

Just some stuff to think about.

And I'll paint my ship bright pink if it pleases me. :D

Awarded:

After my return from France, I'm totally in! I'd like to suggest that the Miranda, Constitution, and Excelsior all be allowed to be part of the sub fleet. After all, all 3 ship classes are part of TOS, or linked to it in some way. Yes they are from the movies, but they are from TOS movies!

I think a little variety would be good. Just my two cents.

sparrow794 wrote:

I would like to suggest 'Legacy Fleet' as the unit name. Not that there's anything wrong with Heritage, just giving another option to consider.

I have mixed feelings about restricting this to TOS Connies only. I think that if someone in the fleet really wants to be a part of this, but doesn't want to buy the TOS Connie, or, just can't afford to, they should still be able to. We could expand to include Miranda class and/or Connie refits - but then that sort of messes with the effect we're trying to achieve by limiting it to TOS gear in the first place.
:D

I have no opinion on whether it is "Legacy" or "Heritage" either is fine.

As for it being a Constitution Class only fleet, well I have mixed feelings on that as well. Not in the way that Vice Admiral Shackelford does, I take it from the opposite view.

It was the new bridge pack, on the Connie, that inspired this whole idea for this "Legacy" Fleet. To now go back and make exceptions, seems to be unfair. I was truly inspired by the idea, and I spent the extra $25.00 to be a particpant. If we now include the Miranda class, well we all had that to begin with.....what did some of us just spend the 1400 Cryptic Points for?

Now, if you want to include the Enterprise (Star Trek Enterprise) ship and bundle, then I would say that is fine. That bundle cost about 1200 CP as well and it would conform to the concept of them being a part of the "Legacy Fleet."

Awarded:

I agree, Blod, and you raise some very good points, but when it comes to down to what actually happens in the game and on vent, I will never tell someone in this fleet they aren't welcome to join a fleet group; even if there's 4 of us all in TOS connies and the person who wants to join is flying around in their Sovereign.

That being said, I am think Van Wormer's right. Those of us that want to fly around and do missions and things in the TOS Connie's and gear, let's do that. It will be lots of fun. And, if someone wants to join us, they are welcome to group up with us and they can fly whatever they want. You can do both.

Would it be appreciated on an RP level if someone gets in to a Connie Refit or Excelsior, or Miranda, when they decide to play with the TOS guys? Absolutely. Should it be required? I don't ever want to put myself in a position where I'm seriously telling someone 'you can't play with us.' I know we take a lot of pride in our uniformity in game and the forums here, but, it is just a game.

We can run our TOS ships the way we like as individual players (sort of like how you individually feel that you should use a different NCC # for the BR, and how I individually feel like I should be able put warpaint on mine). And when we come together in group play, I don't doubt that most of us are going to be on the same page. If someone isn't for whatever reason, that's ok too. As long as everyones having a good time with how they are choosing to play the game is all that matters. It isn't going to bother to me to see a Galaxy class in the middle of 4 Connies. In fact, it might be kind of cool. Which, incidentally, is why you bought the Connie Bundle. Because it's frikkin cool.

Awarded:

I don't have an active subscription to the game yet, and I'm still buying the TOS bundle pack! I feel like I"m buying floor mats for a really sweet car I don't have yet!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: