View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: Foundry Missions: Old Past, New Future

Well I have posted it Old Past, New Future". I think it will be fun its actually what I had kind of hoped the tutorial would have been based onand least story wise. Also I recommend going in with a group 2 or 3 should do or as many as 5. Its not really meant to be soloable but if you do go it alone be prepared to die a least twice Happy

Awarded:

Gah ... I'm so impatient someone run it! I need criticism! Lol

Sir i cant find it on Holodeck or Tribble and i have searched for the Titel and your @name .

@Mercer,

I played through it. Very tough to solo, but I think it would be a lot of fun to do as a group, maybe even on elite if you want some good drops. I also appreciate that you took the time to find most of the spelling errors. That really drives me nuts.

Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

CDR Hunter wrote:
@Mercer,

. I also appreciate that you took the time to find most of the spelling errors. That really drives me nuts.

You dont know how long it took me to do that . I hate spelling errors when reading something. It really kills the immersion feel of it so i really scruntinized what i wrote

Awarded:

ok re posted the mission there are still some bugs but let me know what you think!!

Awarded:

Forum Image

Just ran it Anton. Not a bad mission at all, lost my ship twice, with initial warp ins, I would suggest that the Borg not warp right on top of the player.

Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Thats the whole point. It's meant to seem like its impossible because of the timeline. In that timeline there is no federation its all Borg...

Awarded:

I understand that, but do they have to be on top of your position when they warp in, or can there be some distance?

Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

tbh they are actually pretty far on the map

Awarded:

You have the location of where to go on the 'hail' dialogue to accept the mission, but it is not in the description or listed as the first objective on the objective panel. I had the mission sitting in my log since the other night when we were working on both of ours; and I went to go do it today, a few days later, and had no clue where to go. I had to drop the mission and re-acquire it to get the dialogue again so I would know what system to go to.

I would just recommend adding it maybe in green at the bottom of the description, because otherwise the description itself is really good.

After the initial fight, when you have to search the system, you have an objective called 'This needs to be changed.' You should probably change it Happy

I should show you how good of a ship the Valley Forge 'was' sometime. :P Nice touch Happy Scan the 'wreck'....

The fight while I'm protecting the premonition... dude, you had to take stuff out of the mission? Jeez. I put three battleships on a map at the same time and thought I was being a bit overzealous.

Problem with the fight for me was some of the cubes would go idle. The support npcs don't last very long once cubes start popping, and there were several left, some of which were out of range of me - so they went idle, and started repeating their warp in animations.

Couple of grammar errors so far, there is a 'your' which should be 'you're' a few dialogues in. You've also got the word 'supportsss' on the dialogue after the fight to protect the Premonition. Also, 'Scan the station to be sure you arnt dreaming.'

I really like the mission and story concept overall, though. Good job so far Happy

Awarded:

Released version 3 of my mission today lots of fixes dumbed down spawns though now its kind of easy for an ENG to get through but we will see

Jump to: