Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: RESISTANCE IS FUTILE Announced

Forum Image

Forum Image

Last edited by sparrow794 on 09/01/11 1:23; edited 3 times in total

Awarded:

Phase One will start with the commencement of Borg Fleet Intercepts, scheduled to begin 8/24. When this Phase will be ending is yet TBD.

For Phase One, players should form in game groups and participate in the Borg Intercepts in any of the various sectors they may be occuring in. To receive participation credit, players should then immediately report their findings, roleplay style, to the following thread:

http://www.fleet7.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7318674&gid=84053

While there will be an overall story arc provided by Command staff, these initial reports are fairly open to your imagination. Please don't do anything overly drastic to your RP character at this point in the story (don't trap yourself, blow up your ship, mortally wound yourself), but make a simple report of Invasion Fleets and combat contact.

"You may encounter Enterprise crew members who have already been assimilated. Don't hesitate to fire. Believe me, you'll be doing them a favor."
--Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

Determination of Outstanding Roleplay Posts will be decided using a forum poll open to voting by the entire roster. All participants will be listed as nominees. Use of media is not only allowed, but encouraged; this includes screenshots, manipulated screenshots, art, fraps, demorecord - any media you choose to use is open. However, we would like to see people judging RP posts based on writing and storyline contribution rather than technical prowess.

Last edited by sparrow794 on 08/23/11 23:51; edited 6 times in total

Awarded:

For information on the Borg Invasion events, you can visit:

http://www.stowiki.org/Borg_Invasion

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3630638&postcount=3

Most recent post from Cryptic:

The Borg Red Alerts work like this...

As you are flying through sector space, A Borg Fleet may appear randomly from hour to hour. If they appear, a Red Alert button will pop up in the sector asking for any ships in the area to fight off the attack.

If you choose to do so, you will be instantly warped to engage the Borg Fleet with up to 4 other players of either faction, of any level.

The zone is setup so that the Borg Fleet is level 45 in most sectors (with a few sectors having higher level Borg). All players will be bolstered up to level 45 in order to survive the conflict.

You will have 15 minutes in which to dispatch 4 Borg Engagements (includes Probes, Spheres, Cubes, Tactical Cubes) travelling through the vicinity. If you die, you respawn a short distance away but can quickly rejoin the battle.

If you manage to defeat the 4 encounters in time (which in testing has proved to be a decent challenge for pugs, and a few minutes to spare challenge for max level characters on Normal difficulty) it will spawn one of ten named Borg Boss ships (of a ship class you've never faced before with a deadly new attack). You will have 10 minutes to dispatch the Boss encounter before it returns to transwarp.

All encounters in the Red Alert give quite a bit more XP than usual but do not drop rewards. There are numerous accolades for defeating the various Borg Red Alerts in all the different Sectors.

We plan to keep these events running non-stop throughout Season 4 as other Borg Invasion events and STFs are released.

These Red Alerts are a bit of a prelude to the increased Borg threat.

You can look for these to begin after our August 25th update.

Awarded:

"The Borg, our most lethal enemy, have begun an invasion of the Federation. . .and this time there may be no stopping them!"

Awarded:

I am on board for this 110% sir. Question I want to know if I can post some of my time over at the 22nd to link in here to give an over all feeling of whats haping to different fleets and sectors.

Resist when surrounded, Fight when you have to, And obey orders explicitly when in danger.

The Art of Warfare SUN-TZU
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Deven Scott wrote:
I am on board for this 110% sir. Question I want to know if I can post some of my time over at the 22nd to link in here to give an over all feeling of whats haping to different fleets and sectors.

Absolutely.

Awarded:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=3715745#post3715745

Quote:
Thank you for the continued feedback. We have some additional changes schedule to hit Tribble tomorrow afternoon and we will begin tuning based on Feedback with a Target to get our first round of feedback changes when it goes live Friday.

We plan to expand these events over time, so this is the start. Sorry the respawn timers are wonky, we had to do that in order to allow more frequent testing.

As far as someone hanging out in the Red Alert Map - it is going to auto-boot you after the map is finished so you can't hang around. This will allow the maps to clean up and restart between Red Alerts popping up.

Look for Phase One to begin Friday.

Awarded:

So it's not starting until Friday? Typical....I work Friday-Tuesday so I'll likely miss the beginning of it all then

Awarded:

Cleo Mavendorf wrote:
So it's not starting until Friday? Typical....I work Friday-Tuesday so I'll likely miss the beginning of it all then

Hey, I won't be here those days either.

It's possible that it wont start Friday, however. I wouldn't be surprised to see it pushed back. It's also possible that it will be longer than just a couple of days. I've seen posts from Cryptic where they've said it would be as long as a full week. They have worked on this and talked about it for so long I can't imagine it just being a 2 or 3 day event.

It's all still very much anyone's guess at this point, but I felt we needed to have our ducks in a row for the RP event so that when this goes live on the server, everything will be in place.

regular ole cryptic. leave it to them to get us hyped out and wait till its suppose to come out to then delay it. haha

Awarded:

judging from the feedback forums on Tribble it needs a LOT of work, so I guess pushing it back is a good thing...loot drops, countdown timers broken, boss ships too easy (According to some, I take that with a grain of salt as I routinely hear "The Cure is so easy! What do you mean it whips your ass?") But on the plus side the new Borg ships are getting good reviews for looks...and of course they've started an argument over V'Ger and the Borg origins already...nerds...and I thought I had no real life

Awarded:

Took this screenshot today on Tribble of the new Borg Boss. More pics located in the default gallery. SHES BIG!!!!

Forum Image

Awarded:

That's sweet!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: