View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason32
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: DOFF Guide

After spending a few hours to level up to LCDR 2, I finally unlocked the DOFF system. Here are a few screen captures with some text beneath them explaining what they are. Honestly, its very overwhelming and could very easily be considered a game within itself. This is going to take some time and us putting our heads together to crack.

Forum Image
As soon as you level to LCDR 2, Cat Man here will hail you and send you about 15 or so Duty Officers. They are completely different from Bridge Officers.

Forum Image
This is what your roster will look like. It shows special traits and specializations each officer has and they match to a specific assignment.

Forum Image
This is where you actually assign a duty officer to a task. Once in progress, you'll notice a "Time to completion" clock. the current task I have selected is going to take 2d 23h 58m 48s to complete.

Forum Image
This final shot shows you the reward to receive from the completion of the assignment. A 1 hr skill bonus among other things.

Last edited by Jason32 on 10/03/11 11:44; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Ok, here is what we have learned thus far with the new DOFF system.

1. You get 15 DOFFs with you make LCDR 2, to get more, you have to go to Starfleet Academy(and ESD), open your DOFF Assignment window and start the Assignment titled "Officer Cadre" The time is takes to complete this will depend on the type of officer you are trying to recruit. (hours to a few days). I am not sure if there are other ways to recruit more DOFFs.

2. There are over 1000 Assignments currently in this build with more to come. The Assignments that you have available to execute change when you move into different sector blocks. They also change based on time.

3. There are some Assignments where you need more than just DOFFs to start the Assignment. For example, I needed a Tribble (dot) to start a scientific Assignment to Gene Splice a Tribble. Another example is trade. You will use energy credits, provisions, weather stations, ect to conduct Trade Assignments.

4. You cannot start Assignments will on a map other than sector space. The only exceptions to this are ESD and Starfleet Academy. However, you can check on Assignments and claim rewards for completed Assignments, you just can't start a new one.

5. Once an Assignment is complete, you claim the rewards under the "Completed" tab. The rewards range from fairly cool gear (rares and very rares), new passive buffs for you and your ship, energy credits, Commendations XP (CXP) and more. The CXP is specific to the type of Assignment you are working on. For example, my Gene Splicing Assignment I mentioned earlier, gave me 30 Scientific CXP. This CXP is what you need to unlock tiers. For example, Tier I for Science is at 2,500 CXP. Theses tiers are what Cryptic is using as a basis for the reward they are giving out for testing the DOFF System on Tribble. See #6.

6. "As a bonus, playing on Tribble can earn your character on Holodeck some free random Duty Officers, awarded within the three weeks after free-to-play goes live on Holodeck. Complete any Tier 1 Duty Officer commendation category accolade to receive an unique blue-quality duty officer. Complete any Tier 2 Duty Officer commendation category accolade to receive an unique purple-quality duty officer. Complete any Tier 3 Duty Officer commendation category accolade to receive a unique purple-quality duty officer with an active roster ability not attainable anywhere else in the game." -Dev Heretic

I am going to sticky this thread so it will remain at the top this forum and this can be our collaborative tool for working on the DOFF system. I know some of the others have started on it. Anything else you want to add, feel free.

Last edited by Jason32 on 10/03/11 11:44; edited 3 times in total

Awarded:

More DOFF stuff continued...

1. When you receive your initial 15 DOFFs you have a choice to assign them to "Active Duty" or leave them in reserve status. You can assign 5 to ground and 5 to space active duty. Once they are assigned to active duty, they CANNOT be assigned to a DOFF mission. While they are assigned to active duty, they provide you with buffs and chances to buff your skills while in space or ground combat. For example, a Medical DOFF might give you a +8% increase in crew recovery. To assign DOFFs to active duty, open your DOFF system, select the "Ship Duty" tab. Notice the "Space" and "Ground" tabs on the left. Select the one you want and then double click on the officers on the right to assign them to active duty. You can also remove them from active duty by double clicking on them again. Remember, once they are assigned to active duty, they cannot be used for DOFF Assignments. (But you can move them to and from Active duty as much as you want) You can assign up to 5 DOFFs for ground and 5 DOFFs for space active duty.

Note: I recommend that you do not assign any officers for active duty while on Tribble. Since the goal of spending so much time on Tribble is to reap the rewards once this system goes live, you will want all your DOFFs working on Assignments so you get get the maximum CXP.

2. To reach the highest Tier possible while in testing, you will want to match the skills of the DOFFs to what is required in the mission to the best of your ability. For example, if you have a DOFF Assignment "Map Chroniton Particle Traces" that has a Critical Success of "Efficient" and the BOFF you assign has the trait "Efficient", you stand a better chance of receiving a critical success for the completion of the Assignment. It isn't always possible to make a perfect match, but do you best to look at what is required for a Critical Success and try to match them up with your DOFFs. It will save you time in the long run.

3. Critical Success, Success, Failure and Disaster: Notice that each Assignment carries with it these metrics. The better you match the correct officers with the necessary skills for the Assignment, the greater reward you will receive. I have noticed that you still get some type of reward for Failures and Disasters, just a reduced amount. Not sure yet what the actual percentages are. A few tactical mission Failures and Disasters will place those DOFFs in your "Sickbay". You will have to heal them over a given period of time before they can return to duty.

4. Getting your hands on more DOFFs: This has been the single most asked question to the Devs. You won't find anything under your "Request Duty Officer" tab at the current build. This is for future upgrades coming from Cryptic. To get more DOFFs, simply go to ESD and Starfleet Academy and look under your DOFF Assignment tab. You will see "Junior Officer Cadre". Be sure to start this as it will take some time to complete. Upon completion, you will receive 5 additional DOFFs. Devs have said there are some DOFF Assignments out there that bring back more DOFFs and there are some DOFF reward drops in game, however, I have yet to see these in-game.

5. Commendations and Tiers: Every DOFF Assignment falls under one of the following Commendations: Diplomacy, Science, Engineering, Military, Exploration, Espionage, Medical, Colonial, Trade, Development and Recruitment. Each time you complete a DOFF Assignment you will receive CXP(Commendation XP) for the category given. Each commendation area has 4 tiers. To reach Tier 1 for military, you need 2,500 Military CXP and 15,000 Militart CXP for Tier 2 and so on. You need to reach Tier 3 in any one Commendations to qualify for the Tribble DOFF tests highest reward! (and yea, this is going to take some time. Much more time than the normal 1-2 hours testing Tribble that we normally do)

More to come...

Awarded:

New way to earn DOFFs:

We (CDR Ganoslal) found today that you earn a Doff Token when you unlock a Tier. For example, we reached Tier 1 for Diplomacy. Once this happens, Cat Man here hailed us again and offered the DOFF Store. See below...

Forum Image

If you select "Store", you will get to choose which DOFF you want. Again, see below. Once you select your new DOFF, they will automatically show up in your Ship Duty roster. Although we (CDR G and I) are not sure if this is the same for the other Commendation areas, we feel it is probably the same.

Forum Image

Awarded:

Another way to earning more DOFFs:

Be sure you regularly check your "Sector" assignments as you travel through sector space. Yesterday, I received an Andorian DOFF cadre assignment by just traveling through sector space near Andoria.

Awarded:

I learned some important things the last day or two:

First, there is a difference between the 'quality' of a Doff and the 'rarity' of a Doff.

If you look over your Doffs, particularly your 'white' quality Doffs, you will likely have some that are uncommon. It's also possible to have 'blue' quality Doffs that are listed as Very Rare, and so on. So, the rarity of a Doff is not tied to the quality, the way we are used to with items in the game.

Second, 'white' quality Doffs can be killed. Green quality Doffs or better will never be killed, but may be injured and have to spend time in Sickbay recovering at the end of an assignment (particularly military assignments).

This is important to know, because you may not want to send out uncommon or rare white quality Doffs on dangerous missions.

Awarded:

Jason32 wrote:
New way to earn DOFFs:

We (CDR Ganoslal) found today that you earn a Doff Token when you unlock a Tier. For example, we reached Tier 1 for Diplomacy. Once this happens, Cat Man here hailed us again and offered the DOFF Store. See below...

If for some reason you miss this window or otherwise close it without purchasing your new DOff, Lt. Ferra can be found in the Commandant's Office at Starfleet Acadamey.

Thought I would add this since it seemed to be a very handy site and channel.

bit.ly/DOFFS

The link will guide you to an online spreadsheet that has all the info about current Doff Missions... saves a lot of time just flying around looking for missions (like NADORC)

In case you want to get the info live you can simply join the ingame channel "DOFFCalls" (though no shit chat allowed in there)

hope this helps some of you, who didnt know about this yet.
Elthiar
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Great Find! I'll be using this.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Guides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: