View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: V1.5 of "Intro to the Lucky 7th" is Live!

As the title states I re-worked a few things added some polish and added two new captains to the exterior of the starbase! Captains Savar and Runaz now wait to introduce themselves to you at the fabricator and transwarp gate, respectively! As always let me know if something about your character seems off or doesnt look right.
Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

New update! Captain Lang and the Trial are now in their respective ground and space maps! The Trial is there for refueling purposes so be sure to talk to Captain Lang on the Starbase! I also redid colors and dialogue to match current staff positions.. please let me know if something is off...

re: Senior Moment.....D-D-D!

Hate/embarrassed to ask, but where do we go to view "Intro to the 7thFlt?"

Respectfully,

CDR Smaug
Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Its a Foundry Mission all you need to do is go to the browse content tab and look under the custom drop down menu type my @handle @antman9173 and it should show up

Awarded:

With the Foundry back up, I have totally re-worked the intro mission. The major changes have taken place on the ground portion of the mission. The flow was redone, characters updated to approximate ranks and positions (mostly). I'd ask that everyone that is able play the mission and make comments, suggestions, corrections and improvements, as I would like, with staff approval, to submit it for a Spotlight mission. So let me know what you guys think.

I'm also looking for characters to place in and around the starbase so if you do not have a character pic in the portraits gallery section please do so... I would ask that Davis place one as well... you have no choice you MUST :P lol anyway let me know what you think!

Anton Mercer wrote:

With the Foundry back up, I have totally re-worked the intro mission. The major changes have taken place on the ground portion of the mission. The flow was redone, characters updated to approximate ranks and positions (mostly). I'd ask that everyone that is able play the mission and make comments, suggestions, corrections and improvements, as I would like, with staff approval, to submit it for a Spotlight mission. So let me know what you guys think.

I'm also looking for characters to place in and around the starbase so if you do not have a character pic in the portraits gallery section please do so... I would ask that Davis place one as well... you have no choice you MUST :P lol anyway let me know what you think!

I'll get it taken care of this evening sir.

davisjm0311

I posted 3 pictures to the portrait gallery for you, let me know if they work. I wasn't entirely sure what you need.

Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

those are fine :)

Things I saw that needs updated, if your wanting it to be most current:

• Floater above Jason's head still says Captain, dialog though is correct with rank.
  • p'Rett is Tac, not engineer.  His colors on uniform are wrong.
  • My first name is Brad, not that stupid Ana crap.  Also my color still shows grey for FCAPT.
  • Runaz, Shack, and Mavendorf's ships need updated with current names/classes if they want it.
  • The Midway is now a Vesta class also according to registry.
  • (I'm fine with mine still showing North Carolina, ship means more to me.)

Suggestions:

• Limit the beam down to just yourself or with just 1 officer like New Romulus
  • If possible make it where NPC fleet members can't blow up during combat (Shack died in mine leaving the group to fight alone)
  • I would remove the inactive players from the mission and replace them with characters more active or the other FCAPTS.

Awarded:

Agree with Huck, if you can stop the fleet from blowing up, it would be good. I think two died when I ran it.

I know it's still a work in progress too, but there are no romulan ships to be found anywhere, is that an oversight, or meant for now? 

That's partly due to us not having any "main" characters in the fleet that are romulan until very recently. 

Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Huckabee40 wrote:

Things I saw that needs updated, if your wanting it to be most current:

• Floater above Jason's head still says Captain, dialog though is correct with rank.
  • p'Rett is Tac, not engineer.  His colors on uniform are wrong.
  • My first name is Brad, not that stupid Ana crap.  Also my color still shows grey for FCAPT.
  • Runaz, Shack, and Mavendorf's ships need updated with current names/classes if they want it.
  • The Midway is now a Vesta class also according to registry.
  • (I'm fine with mine still showing North Carolina, ship means more to me.)

Suggestions:

• Limit the beam down to just yourself or with just 1 officer like New Romulus
  • If possible make it where NPC fleet members can't blow up during combat (Shack died in mine leaving the group to fight alone)
  • I would remove the inactive players from the mission and replace them with characters more active or the other FCAPTS.

This is great feedback let's keep it coming! To address some of the things you mention. I believe Shack suggested Ana when I talked to him the first time I was creating it.. so you might want to talk to him about that.. though I'll change it when I get a chance. Also some ships and variations are not present in the foundry at this time. Those were they ships they were in when I first made the mission, they should suffice for the time being.

About your suggestions...

1. To my knowledge it's not possible to limit BOffs beaming down without glitching the spawn point into a wall. If this has changed, then it is a good suggestion and I will implement it.

2. In order for the ships to be "unkillable" they have to be set to a different "character type" and this type does not enter combat at this time. My whole intention was to get the "newcomer" to work with fleet ships to keep them from dying just how we do when we do fleet events and such if they are being defeated too easily I may need to add another fleet ship or two.

3. I thought I have all active players minus Savar and my alt character, and all of the Fcapts are in (minus Davis which I can now create :P) add I need to find a way to get Kor in through the main story line as well, other then that I'm pretty sure most are active

As for Romulan characters... the foundry has a limit on how many "costumes" or characters I can create and I believe I'm like one or two away from that limit in this mission. So i'll try and work a Romulan character in somewhere. I will use one of my alt, or if someone has a romulan main.

Awarded:

bump for posting :)

Awarded:

With the uniform change, I'm going to be working on V2.0 of this mission. I will be giving it another pass on spell and word check, adding captains, etc. I would ask the following from specific people and then anyone in general...

1. I need Revan and Baldwin to place character portraits in the Portraits gallery within the next few days so I can add them to the mission.

2. Whoever has a Romulan main I would ask that you also put in a portrait as well so that I can replace my character. Please save your full character name(if you have a full Romulan name) either as the name of the pic or in a comment for it.

I would then like everyone to replay the mission once I give it the overhaul for feedback, more suggestions, comments or complaints. Thanks everyone!

EDIT* And yes i know.. if you play it now, some of the Captains are not their actual height (Jason) i'll fix that when I go through it.

My main changed at the first of the year Mercer...It's now my Science Captain, Lenara Davis.  My ship is the Discovery Class NX-92143 U.S.S. Tarawa.  I don't know how detailed it goes...I use all Polaron beams with the exception of the cutting beam.  Here is a new image set to use.

Last edited by davisjm0311 on 09/07/14 3:06; edited 1 time in total

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> MERCER All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: