View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

re: Other games to play

I was wondering if anyone has tried this? I'm currently downloading it. Also if anyone is playing any other free MMO's, what are you playing?

Like with all new seasons, the newness has worn off some and find myself bored always playing this outside of events and Mechwarrior only offers deathmatch style play on a few maps still. I can't keep affording console games like I use too (Tomb Raider is awesome FYI) to play.

Last edited by CAPT Huckabee on 04/09/13 18:16; edited 2 times in total

Awarded:

I've gotten back into playing Champions Online (also by Cryptic). The gameplay is fairly decent (though I've not gotten past level 9 yet). The character customization options are pretty awesome.

My characters:

Shadow Star (The Mind Archetype)
Forum Image

Kray (The Soldier Archetype)
Forum Image

If you want a really good idea as to some of the possibilities; my cousin found this group that wanted to recreate the Scooby-Doo characters:
Forum Image

I'm also still playing Pirates of the Burning Sea a bit here and there. It was just bought/transferred from Sony Online to Portalus; Portalus are essentially the creaters of Flying Lab Software, the company that created the game in the first place. I'm not sure if new account creation is open again, and if you didn't migrate your account(s) from SOE to Portalus, you may be SOL. In some regards, it is similar to STO; you have both ship to ship combat and swashbuckling/avcom (avatar combat). It has "open PvP" in the sense that if contention is generated around a port, a PvP zone is created.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Only other game I'm playing with any regularity is The Secret World.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Guild Wars 2 is pretty good. I have it, LotRO, and DDO all installed on my machine. I play each of them every now and again. I plan on keeping Neverwinter installed as well; the beta was fun for what I saw of it.

I think DC may be the one MMO I have not tried in the last 10 years... no reason, just have not had a chance.

I'll give a second on The Secret World. I absolutely love that game... I'm one of those that has to mix things up a bit every few months though and play something different which is why I'm back on STO most of the time right now.

I have been considering giving GW2 a try. I like the idea of a persistent and evolving environment if they can truely pull it off.

Awarded:

Some MWO fun from last night:

I still play with my Centurions. Trying to lvl them to master. I managed to get 5 kills the other night in my CN9-A. I was in the same company and lance as Savar, but he left me to take command of his own company with the wifey. Love the game, just of course still doesn't offer what a full game would.

I thought about Champions but I seen DC and decided I would try it. Secret World seems awesome, but something I would want to wrap to much time into, something I'm not looking to do.

Awarded:

Huck-

Not sure if this is a pro or a con for you, but since CO is a Cryptic product, you have access to the same channels (excepting Fleet) as you do in STO. That means, you can chat with 7th folks in 7thCrossFaction, should you desire to do so.

Awarded:

If you do decide to give PotBS a try, we have a Pirate Society (guild/fleet/clan) on Antigua and a British one on Roberts.

I got to play DC a few today. Seems really neat. Took forever to find a name not taken. I might also try Champions just for the chat thing. I might of took PoBS off the computer. If the others don't entertain me enough might re download it. Thx for all the ideas.

I used to play DCUO for a bit. I like it much better on PS3 but I need to have a bigger hard drive if I want to keep everything else on there. Fun game!

DC is actually really neat. However some of the MWO guys I play with got me to look at this:

http://star-conflict.com/

Looks really neat. Downloading it now.

Awarded:

It does look neat, but I am not generally a huge fan of FPS games (MWO being an exception to the rule).

Capt pRett wrote:
It does look neat, but I am not generally a huge fan of FPS games (MWO being an exception to the rule).

It is actually a lot like MWO. I really enjoy playing this(Star Conflict) actually. wink

The other F2P MMOs I currently play are Planetside 2 and a dungeon crawler in closed beta called Marvel Heroes.

I played DCUO at launch and liked it for awhile. The game was packed full of cheats, glitches, and hackers all over the place at launch. I'm not sure how it is now but it wasn't really my cup of tea. You really couldn't get anywhere in pvp without a premade team.
VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Huckabee40 wrote:
Capt pRett wrote:

It is actually a lot like MWO. I really enjoy playing this(Star Conflict) actually. wink

Except I have a bit more of an "emotional" investment in MWO, though, as I've been playing BattleTech for years - decades, really.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: