View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Revan Majere

re: Other games to play

Huckabee40 wrote:
DC is actually really neat. However some of the MWO guys I play with got me to look at this:

http://star-conflict.com/

Looks really neat. Downloading it now.

little confused about this game... how do u advance in a certain faction?
and is there only pvp?
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

Yea I forgot about you telling me your battletech history. It'd been neat to play the tabletop, and I've got into a lore and find I like it myself a good bit.

Right now Revan it's mostly PvP. If you choose scenarios above the fight button that's a co op mission against AI. Right now just one, from what I read in chat they working on the rest they had up. As far as advancing Ive only played a couple times. Best I know is you get Rep for each battle for your faction to reach new tiers. Also each faction has 2 sub-factions. You can find those under contracts at top of main screen and sign on. Example, Federation has Vanguard and Armada. Best I can answer for you now. I do find it a nice break along with MWO from my current STO slump.

Awarded:

I've been playing the hell out of some MWO the last couple of days. I think Prett's videos convinced me to give it a shot. Let me know what your pilot names are so I can add you - I am Strahn Happy

I've played DCUO a bit. It was fun and enjoyed running around as a superhero (or villain). I also have TSW, GW2, DDO, and LOTR accounts. TSW being the only other one I play with any regularity. I'm in guilds with sparrow on TSW and GW2. I've also tried Aika Online, Allods Online( a WoW clone), Hellgate, Tera, and a few of the Perfectworld titles.

DCUO has changed it's pricing model a bit. There is now a log in queue that didn't used to be there and a few other minor annoyances. Not sure about content access.
VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

sparrow794 wrote:
I've been playing the hell out of some MWO the last couple of days. I think Prett's videos convinced me to give it a shot. Let me know what your pilot names are so I can add you - I am Strahn Happy

Aokarasu is my MWO username.

sparrow794 wrote:

Sent you an invite, mine is just Huckabee. So far Ive got all my Centurions outfitted how I want and at Elite lvl. Thinking of buying something heavier but not sure. I dont really use my Atlas all that much.

I think a lot of you would really like Star Conflict also. They just did an update today with more people in the matches per team.

(Changed name of thread since we talking about quite a few games in here)

sparrow794 wrote:
I am Strahn Happy

This does not surprise.

Guess I'll have to check out MWO too.
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

re: Something different....

This is available from Steam. It's another way I kill time time. Once you get the horse maneuvers/weapons usage mastered, it is blast. It also has been other aspects I enjoy. However, at the end of the day, it is about conquering lands/castles and holding on to them. Image, you and fifty of your knights charging an enemy line of over 200. The developers of this little know game are from Turkey.

http://www.mountandbladewarband.com/

I play the Warband version.

Respectfully submitted,

LCDR Smaug
VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

For those that had accounts with SOE for Pirates of the Burning Sea, their account migration system is functional again.

Capt pRett wrote:
For those that had accounts with SOE for Pirates of the Burning Sea, their account migration system is functional again.

Tried it and nothing has changed in 4 years. It still feels like a retarded version of STO.

You still have the same broken mechanics. If you want to blockade a port, you do it from inside the port. When you pop out, you can scout around invisible. I want to know where they got the cloaking devices. Sony dumped this game for a reason. It never was successful or coded right.

To this day, they still haven't fixed the pirate faction. They just nerfed it further into oblivion.
Lang S
Engineering - Vice Admiral

The New SimCity anyone?

Awarded:

re: Other Games

I've been linked up with Commodore Kor and Lt Cdr Tufuk for years and have tried many games and MMOs. Currently spend free time on World of Tanks, STO and Battle Pirates. Will be taking on World of Ships after its release.

CDR Nannoc
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

Lang S wrote:
The New SimCity anyone?

I'd thought about it, a lot of the MWO people I know are playing it. Just never got into those games much.

I'm eager to try World of Battleships myself. Warplanes was fun, just never got around to ordering a good joystick for it since it was beta. Tanks I couldn't get into really.

Awarded:

Today's MWO patch notes:

Of note (which I'm happy about):

- New Night and Thermal vision modes
- Thermal vision is now "white hot" and is restricted to normal view distances. i.e. Players can no longer use thermal to view long distances.
- Night Vision is now monochrome green and shows greater detail in the surroundings.
- Players will notice that Night Vision is more useful for navigation and Thermal Vision is more useful for seeking out Mechs.
- More tuning will be done but these vision modes are on target for final implementation.

Yea one thing I like about the new patch is the Digi Camo. Got enough EC for just don't know if I want to cash on it just yet. The new visions look great from the one drop I got to do after patch.

Another plus in the notes was that Hero Mechs will be able to have their color changed around. I was going to go with a Raven or K2 for my next build to compliment my now mastered Centurion but I like the looks of the Highlander so might hold out to see what the variants for them are before I get another mech.

Also joined new Merc group, Aces Wild. Mainly a large chunk of guys from the Rangers who broke off to make their own to get away from the drama of a larger group and to focus more on having fun in game.

http://the-go-devils.com/ link if any of you interest in giving them look.

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: