View previous topic :: View next topic  
T-Jericho

re: Legacy Pack Available for Pre-order

If you've got the cash, take a look at the Legacy Pack, now available for pre-order. It's pretty spendy at $124.99 but you do get a lot of swag. It comes with all the warbird retrofits, the ability to play as a Reman, plus Reman boffs and doffs.

I may be a sucker for digital goodies but I went ahead, bit the bullet, and pre-ordered.

Awarded:

Just purchase and ready

Awarded:

I guess that's a pretty good deal. I'll have to give it some thought, but I don't see being able to spend that much, especially seeing it's doubtful I would actually use everything included. I can live without the titles and the keys; I'm pretty certain I should have access to Remans as a playable species - though I don't plan on rolling one as my main Romulan toon - and I only care about a couple of the ships.

If I was rolling in it, I'd probably buy it for sure. But we've got some abnormal expenses right now, so I'll probably just get the things I want piecemeal later.

Awarded:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9293391&postcount=278

Lifetimers should still get a VA token, and Remans are still unlockable via T5 Romulan rep on another character.

Quote:
Q: What items in these packs are exclusive and cannot be obtained via the C-Store when Legacy of Romulus launches on 5/21?
A: The "Survivor of Romulus" title is exclusive to purchasers of the Legacy of Romulus Starter Pack or Legacy Pack, and the "Survivor of Remus" and "Rihannsu" titles are exclusive to purchasers of the Legacy Pack. The Special Reman Duty Officer Mini-Pack is also exclusive in the sense that it will not be available in the C-Store for purchase, and contains four (4) unique Reman Duty Officers that will join your crew. These Duty Officers are bound, cannot be donated to reputation or fleet holding projects, and provide no rewards upon dismissal. If all four are dismissed, you will be able to re-claim the mini-pack.

Awarded:

sparrow794 wrote:
I guess that's a pretty good deal. I'll have to give it some thought, but I don't see being able to spend that much, especially seeing it's doubtful I would actually use everything included. I can live without the titles and the keys; I'm pretty certain I should have access to Remans as a playable species - though I don't plan on rolling one as my main Romulan toon - and I only care about a couple of the ships.

If I was rolling in it, I'd probably buy it for sure. But we've got some abnormal expenses right now, so I'll probably just get the things I want piecemeal later.

I'm going to have to echo shack on this. I do plan to play a romulan, but really do not need a starter reman when i can unlocked it later on, and I do not see myself using ALL of those ships, especially when most of them are prob T5 only which wont do you any good the first couple weeks out. The titles only show that you spen a buttload of money for a lot of virtual stuff. Although i do have to say the starter bundle is certainly good for those who still want a starter lib borg reman BO and a T1/T5 version ship. For only 20 bucks I may go that route.

Awarded:

I got it...I'm a sucker for canon stuff.

Awarded:

Even if I could afford it, I dunno that I'd buy it. I'm not against the pack, it just isn't for me.

Awarded:

Wow...$124.99! Really??? No thanks.

Awarded:

$125 is a lot in this economy, where prices are up and raises are down. And, the $20 starter pack doesn't offer enough, to bring me to the table either.

I also think that they are in Beta tests with 2 products now NW and ST. They are using identical marketing strategies, which may say something is exclusive, but change their minds in a year, as the sales taper off on both games. In ST, they'll offer the ships as a refit with better specs than the original to make more money in the C-Store. I've seen it before. This is basic marketing in college and is mainly to entice new members to the fold and to bring back old "gold" members for something new.

I'm a Lifer in this game, so I going to get what they give me and march along with what I get along the way. They will probably to give something to those of us that paid up front - a token of some sort - nothing big. Just something for saying thank for sticking with them. And, the Beta Testers usually get someting also. There will be swag to go around.

For those of us who have been playing all along, we know that after the initial surge (like Christmas), it's those of us who spend maybe $10 or $20 a month that keep them in business. And those ships will change into something better, just wait and see.

JT

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> 7th Legion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: