View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: EVE Online update/opportunity

If there are any folks that play EVE-O and are interested in PvP (learning and/or participatiing), this may be of interest to you. The corp I'm a member of and lead recruiter for has just recently left the CFC (Clusterf*ck Coalition.) We've formed (or re-formed) the Gryphon League alliance with ourselves and one other corp. We do plan on adding other corps, eventually, but until we get some things established, it's going to remain just those two corps.

We're based in the Great Wildlands area of NPC nullsec; that means no sov warfare, so sov bills, and we're decently away from the mess that is the CFC. We're no longer blue to the Goons, so that's a good thing, really.

While we'd love to have any experienced pilots/characters, we're open to a character with a min of 5mil skill points, combat focused. Even more important is a willingness to learn and be a team player.

If this sounds interesting, let me know and we'll coordinate what you would need to do.

Some of our fights from last night:

Fight 1

Fight 2

"Fight" 3

Fight 4

I played the trail a few weeks ago as a Gallante (sp?) and liked it pretty decent even though it seems slow paced. Wish I could play it but I just don't have the time to learn the game or the money for the sub. no comment

Awarded:

Now just think how much all of that money you threw at Star Citizen could have bought in the way of monthly subs, especially when you can get discounted sub rates for multiple months at a time.

Not sure what part seemed slow; guess it depends on what you were doing.

Ah, well, YMMV.

haha I only pledged $65 on Star Citizen. New dirt bike payments trump anymore money on games for a good while.

The combat was just too clicky, sit and watch. I prefer more hands on for piloting a ship.

Awarded:

Much like STO, EVE really starts to shine when you have multiple folks doing stuff together. I can understand, though, if you want to be in more direct control of your ship; EVE definitely doesn't do that. The combat, though, is definitely more in-depth, or at least has the potential to be, than STO (IMO).

Awarded:

When I first started playing EVE, I was like "wow I wish STO was this open" I think STO would be that much better to have that sort of warp to a planet type deal instead of sector space as it is, possibly like Bridge Commander in that aspect just in a multiplayer setting

Yep, if STO had the travel/open world like EVE that would be fantastic.

EVE is a game I love and I hate. It's a gorgeous game and the PVP opportunities are amazing. EVE is where I learned to love PVP.

I hate how long it takes to do anything. I think I've spent more time in EVE moving stuff around than fighting. I keep thinking Ill give it another go and then Ill talk myself out of it.

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

With the latest expansion, Rubicon, out, there are a lot of folks returning to EVE or trying it for the first time. If it's something you want to give a try, I would be willing to give you a buddy pass, which extends the standard 14-day trial to a 21-day trial.

If you decide you like it (whether a new player or returning player), I have two possibilities of corps for you to join, one of which is primarily a PvP corp (my main character is in this one) or a corp that does a lot of everything - missioning, mining, exploration, and PvP. If you're interested, just drop a reply here or a PM via this site.

I've never played eve, but I think I'd like to give it a shot

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

This link will serve as an open buddy invite to anyone that clicks on it. It allows you to create a trial account with a 21-day duration instead of 14. There are limitations to Trial accounts, but you can definitely get a taste of how the game works in many areas.

Ty sir. I'll give it a try later on today. 

Runaz

should my finances get to the point where i can re-sub you know i'll be back. gonna have to get things away from the eve-gate tho, could be tricky

Awarded:

The corp my alt is in can be found in this EVE Online forum post; recruitment is currently closed until the new year.

The corp my main is in can be found in this EVE Online forum post; they do look for a minimum of 5mil skill points, but exceptions are occasionally made.

Is there a specific server I should join once I download the client?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Beyond the Galaxy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: