View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
~Maiax~

re: SWTOR

I played this game a lot as a subscriber. But I finally got to a very apathic and lazy guild, and all my friends were busy at that time. Thus, the game became extremely repetitive and boring when I hit level 53 (out of 55). I frankly became tired of this game, even though I'm a SW fan.

This game has tons of mobs to grind, and missions that are solely based of WoW-like grinding. I never liked that model.

Also, you have millions of active skills. Playing a Jedi, I never really used my lighsaber, because I already had my hands full with using skills.

Finally, the space missions are hopelessly repetitive - they NEVER change one bit; enemies come at you from exactly same directions every time, so what you need is to memorize the whole mission, and then act mechanically, pushing buttons in a pre-arranged sequence.

It's a shame. They had some very bright ideas, though - the dialogue mode, in which each team member chooses his/her own response and actively takes part is ingenious. I've never seen this in any other MMO. You also gain Light or Dark Side points for selfless or evil choices, respectively.

But sadly, your Light/Dark Side status has no impact whatsoever on your gameplay and path, other than being able to buy special items at shops. A horrific idea, which ruins the whole Force depth in the game.

I never cared much for WoW either, mainly due to the fact my wife lived on it for a couple of years but also wasn't my thing.  One thing I've never cared for about SWTOR and probably why I never fully got into it is because it's "run to group, click a lot, stand there forever till it's dead, next group, get to objective, run all the way back to base, repeat on mobs that reappear".   But I really enjoy the Star Wars universe and grew up on it (Star Trek became more of a thing when I got older) and it's something with a story to play at least for a little bit.

My dream, if the game had the combat style/graphic style of Neverwinter.  One thing I love the most about that game.

Basically your 3rd sentence Marci sums up my state with Star Trek right now.  I've done everything is to do a million times and kinda bored with it doing the same thing over and over.  To the point that when it comes to new content I run it a few times and that's it.  I've also have become some what tired of the "flash".  I wish there was an RP server on STO with not lockbox crap, a standard single uniform, and only canon weapon types.  I'd go back to a sub for that kind of atmosphere.

I do have to say I'm happy the way Rep stuff is shaping up.  It was nice only doing 1 thing a day to get Dyson Rep up without dumping all kinds of stuff into the project.  Omega and Romulan could get quite expensive and very grindy.

Awarded:

Capt pRett wrote:

Removing mods and keeping them costs credits; if you remove them and allow them to be destroyed, I am pretty sure it's free. You don't need artifact authorization to use orange gear. Since they've changed the various planetary commendations to just one type (Planetary Commendations), I'd almost recommend choosing those as quest rewards. Commendation mods can be had for 7 (if an armor mod) or 2 if an enhancement/mod.

This is true, but only for people who really do not want to get into end game stuff as nearly 90% of end game, whether PVE or PVP, is purple quality.

Well, that's me.  I could care less about the end game.  I'm just playing again for a good story to get over my current STO burnout phase.

Hey, Huckabee, and what about the Foundry content? Doesn't it add enough variety (from both player and creator sides) for you to stay?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: