View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

re: Star Citizen and the 7th.

sparrow794 wrote:

I want to see Star citizen succeed for two reasons:

On the other hand, if it were to fail, then perhaps the gaming community would be a bit more cautious in how it decides to throw its money around.  We only get fleeced by developers who put out unfinished games with a Collectors edition and DLC charge up because so far, we've proven a willingness to pay twice what a title ought to cost.

+1, well stated post, Sir.

Qapla'

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Fleet Admiral E. Fortin
Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

sparrow794 wrote:

I want to see Star citizen succeed for two reasons:

First, obviously a lot of my friends are excited about it and have spent a good deal of money on the product.  I don't want to seee them get screwed over by anything that might take place during the game's development.  Second, part of the ideology here is that Star Citizen is being designed for PC only, with the intent of taking advantage of the power a PC offers.  It's going to make an Xbox look like an Atari 2600.  There will be no ports.  If Star Citizen is successful - which, so far, it is - it will reaffirm to the industry that games made exclusively for PC can be as successful as those made for consoles.  One would hope that the market for PC gaming would then widen a bit, and I might see a better variety of games that actually utilize what my PC can do, instead of getting shitty conversions of what works on a Playstation.

On the other hand, if it were to fail, then perhaps the gaming community would be a bit more cautious in how it decides to throw its money around.  We only get fleeced by developers who put out unfinished games with a Collectors edition and DLC charge up because so far, we've proven a willingness to pay twice what a title ought to cost.

Thank you and well said sir... At this point I will be withholding any further funds to CIG at least until I see some firm progress. I still have faith that the game will be published...

Awarded:

There is one point that I looked into - Chris Roberts, in his defense, has followed through with all of his projects, both gaming and film, whether or not those projects ended profitably for him and his investors is another matter.  The difference between this and his previous ventures is that we are the investors and he is seeing us as a bottomless pit of funding, and the only profit the investors are to get is the game - a game of which will give Mr. Roberts more money.  

I watched the video FADM Fortin posted.  He seems very sincere and confident that the game will meet all the goals he wants it to achieve.  He does have a vision.  But, in the area of project management, the overall perception is that the project has no timeline of goals that the investors can see, and, in turn, we, the investors should feel more reluctant to invest more until that timeline is published and defined goals are met, reasonably.  

I feel I need more than "it will get done, eventually" as a description of the projects timing of those goals.  I will retire, eventually.  If I am really serious about it, I will have a plan as to how I will do it.  I know Mr. Roberts has a plan.  He just needs to let his investors know it, and reiterate to his team that deadlines need to be met, or explanations need to be given.

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Fleet Admiral E. Fortin
Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

Around the Verse...

Awarded:

Awarded:

Is there interest in having a G7G holding in the Elite: Dangerous universe?

I'm weak.  Added two P-52 Merlin's to my hanger.

I may never get to relive my glory days as a Gold Commander in Rouge Squadron, but this will do.

Qapla'

HunterAP

I also want the game to succeed, but I was highly skeptical of the release time-frame from the get-go because Chris Roberts is a very poor manager.  The lack of a publisher to keep him honest is the biggest problem with this project.  It could take another three years before he delivers what he claimed.

Gentlemen, for your viewing pleasure, The Star Map.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/starmap

Enjoy

Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

free flight with most all ships untill oct. 25th. just go to homepage..at the very top click enter citizencon code then enter code citizencon2015 and it will unlock on ur account...if you allready have access to arena commander then you will unlock all ships untill then, if you dont then you can play for free with said ships. 

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Thanks, Capt Nimmoth.  Just motivated me to stop driving the buggy and actually take my ships out for a spin.  I have been hesitant due to long learning curb on flying, plus I just got by Mechwarrior Online account back and have been working on my Mech skills.  At my age, can't take in too much gaming, due to mental overload.   That said, I spent a few hours this weekend exploring the new Star Chart on Star Citizen; it takes several minutes to up-load the chart.   On my BenQ somewhat 3D monitor, it is awesome.  Reminds me of the first trailer for Mass Effect IV, minus Johnny Cash music. 

Oh, RSI just release a new ship this week with LTI.  It looks like a modified F-14 Tomcat to me, but you decided.  Several other ships are also now available this week.  Considering melting my two-seater Hornet for this.  Price = $175.  (Thinking hard, smells burning wood)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14998-The-Aegis-Sabre-And-Military-Ship-Sale

Qapla

Nimmoth
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

roger that on the flying learning curve..see my post in our galatic 7 website...i bought a 315p to start out, and took me a week just to hit something..then during a free flight i tried a gladius and it was a whole different experience..also i use voice attack and ANNA (look it up)..makes it really cool..i can say stuff like shields forward and half speed and pretty much control everything with voice commands..also im getting a track IR so i can move my head to  free look on gimble weapons

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Whoa, Gary Oldman as Admiral Bishop.  Recruiting speech for Squadron 42 in Star Citizen.

Pretty good speech, but I like the one from the Starfleet Admiral Ramirez in Prelude to Axanar, better.  Just happy to see things moving along on Star Citizen. 

Qapla'

Fleet Admiral E. Fortin
Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

My God look at all the stars...

Seriously, It looks like the game is finally getting it's shit together I was impressed with the all star cast Gary Oldman, Mark Hamill, Mark Strong, Gillian Anderson, Andy Serkis. Squadron 42 is the solo game prior to the persistent universe.

Loved the starmap quite a few systems to explore can't wait to play the game...

I also wanted to add this incoming transmission from Gary Oldman

Awarded:

Impressive cinematic, and some very talented voice actors/actresses.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: