View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

re: Science builds

Playing Tactical for all these years has left me bored with the game with little challenge.  So to provide myself with entertainment and something fresh I've decided to create a Science character since they're not that many in fleet.

With that being said I plan on him being the captain of a Fleet Intrepid (Bellerphon class, one of my favorite cryptic designs).  Not going to go the route of Vesta because I kinda like to fly ships that are not the trend.  So I would welcome insights onto builds from people who have built some Sci ships in order to get an idea of what I would like to do.

For weapons no need to advise there, I like to keep things canon so I will be running phaser arrays with quantum torps.

My science captain is currently flying a fleet intrepid. The build that I'm using(and loving) has 1 vs 1 countered all but one of the tech builds I've fought. I'm using an energy drain build...polarons, plasmonic leech, energy siphon, tyken, etc. it's probably the most fun I've had with a ship yet. If you're on today and would like to fight I'm game. I don't expect to beat you, but you could at least see how annoying it is to fight. 

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

I probably wont be on today.  Sounds a lot like something I fought against with Novin.  If so it's a tough nut to crack. 

Awarded:

I'll post up my vesta build tonight, which you can easily adapt to the Fleet Intrepid.

Awarded:

I would like to go over the different builds for science with someon, so I can get started outfitting my bird. I will be using a Fleet Ha'nom warbird.

Well, if you are going to build a new science character, try a Romulan/Reman.  And want to be totally awesome, go KDF! 

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

I experimented a little today on my Tac with the regular Intrepid R I bought way back in the day.  I went with a build that had a little of everything.  Grav Well III, Tykins Rift II, Transfer Shield Strength III, Hazard Emitters II, Tractor Beam I, Tractor Repulsors I, Sci Team I, and Polarize Hull I.  It got me 3rd in CE.  Seemed effective even without being specced.  Might drop Tykins and upgrade the Repulsor and find something to double up on maybe.

Would love to see your build Jason.  Looking to do a heal/control build to help with events and do PvE.  Don't care much to build one for PvP since I stepped away from that side of things, but your ship has always been strong in it.  That goes for everyone on seeing builds too.  I titled this post for people to place their Sci builds into for quick reference to anyone.

You won't catch me on the rommie side, just not my flavor Smaug. 

Awarded:

Done!

http://www.fleet7.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=32206331&amp%3bgid=84053#32206331

Keep in mind, I change around my BoFFs skills depending on the tactical situation of the mission, but I rarely change skills or ship loadout.

Enjoy!

Hey guys. I saw this thread when I was thinking of making a thread of some build advice on science captain. She's flying a Ha'nom Guardian Warbird, and I just love running gravity well I and II along with two tractor beams. I see a lot about energy drain builds but really don't know much about em. If I decide to stick with doing the exotic damage, which weapon energy type would be good and which consoles is it that boosts that? I currently run the Jem'hadar set, but I think it works well with antiproton. I have no idea how that would go with an exotic damage build.

It's nearly bedtime. I will post a link to current ship loadout and skill build tomorrow.

P.S.

Huckabee, not trying to hijack your thread!

davisjm0311

Ill take a look at it tomorrow if you'd like. Energy type really doesn't matter unless you're trying for a very specific build..for example I run the jem hadar set with Polaron for my drain build. If you have time the best way would be vent one evening. Let me know. 

Here's my current build.

FCAPT Davis' Energy Drain Build

Last edited by davisjm0311 on 08/14/14 9:32; edited 1 time in total

Edward Hau

you can hijack huck's threads, he does it to everyone else anyway 

There's no better ship for science than a Romulan Fleet Ha'nom. Maximize your Particle Generators + Graviton Generators and you kill opponents mainly with DoT from your GW and TR, and secondary damage is from your broadside.

Note: this is only for patient players, DPS is low, but steady, and you are quite safe all the time.

I recommend Fluidic Counter Assault space set (with appropriate Traits and Consoles, your shields go up to 20,000 each facing) and Counter-Command Ordnance (without the Torpedo piece).

Here's my current build. Please, keep the pointing and laughing to a minimum. :P

-CLICK ME-

TrendorLeises

Almost forgot: I focus on PvE. The only time I'll PvP is when we do as a fleet.

davisjm0311

I'm pretty much the same way with PvP.

Here's what I came up with looking at your skills, equipment, etc...

Click Me

I did my best to leave it as close to what you had as possible and just attempt a little optimization of skills and a slight change to your BOFF setup based on where you had your skills.

I added a few DOFF's that I would recommend in the notes section as well.

I changed the energy type to Polaron based on your Jem Hadar set and the skill points you have in Flow Capacitors (Bonus to POL from the JH set, and more energy drain by the proc with flow caps), but whatever energy type you prefer will work.

I threw some blue mk xi gear on for weapons and consoles just to give an idea of what I would recommend.

Take a look and see what you think...these are only suggestions based on my opinions and others may have different and/or better ideas.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Ship Loadouts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: