View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
mbrwn2003
Science - Captain

Awarded:

re: A F T E R M A T H

I found a full grown insect attached to LT Martinez's brain stem but it was dead. Apparently it can't live very long with out a host, but I have reason to believe it can control his thoughts, movements, everything.

Awarded:

With the report from Solace concerning the former LT Martinez, I have to wonder just who was behind all of this, and will they strike again? The visual inspection of Midway has been completed. I only await the report of LTJG Lang to inform me that our damaged Science Bay has been repaired so we can get underway again.....

re: Changes

As I exited the Briefing with the newly promoted Major General Kelley and Mr. Anderson, my mind was swimming. Even as I contemplated the enormity of the task ahead I began to think of my more immediate task… Anton Savage.
Tapping my comm.—“Yoshinda to 1st Lt. Anton Savage”
“Savage here”
“Report to my ready room immediately”
“I’m in the middle of something here…Sir…but it can wait. I’m on my way” the reluctancy in his voice was audible if only slightly annoying. Making the task I had at hand more difficult.
I steadily made my way to my ready room to ensure I would get there before the first Lt. I settled into my chair and brought up the service record of Mr. Savage one more time. I had to know in my mind that the decision that was made was the right one. My thoughts were precise “how would the young Lt. take this news? What would his family think? This may very well be the most difficult decision of my career, one which would have the potential to completely make or break the new officer’s standing in this fleet. But still his recent actions merited such drastic mea…
My thoughts were interrupted by the door chime signaling my appointment was waiting just outside my door.
“Come in” I announced, as I stood and moved closer to the door. The strapping young man stood tall and at attention while stating
“Anton Savage reporting Sir”
I slowly circled once behind the Lt. then over behind my desk. I gingerly sat in my plush chair careful to keep my posture in order to convey the seriousness of the situation.
I allow the silence to add just a few moments more of stress before I speak.
“1st Lt…perhaps we haven’t seen things the same since you first came aboard. I expect things to run smoothly and protocol to be followed.”
“Yes Sir” came his swift reply.
Holding up my hand to silence any further comment I continue. “You are arrogant, self centered, irresponsible and have more raging testosterone than a bull elephant in heat.”
The Lt.’s face was solid and emotionless but judging by the color he was turning I could tell he would have quite a refute to my accusations, as well as a few choice insults to throw my way, if his discipline hadn’t taught him better and prevented such a foolish reponse.
“But…you’re also an incredibly good pilot, perhaps the best.” I stop short of completely over inflating his ego. However his scores and skills were undeniably good.

The look of shock was evident on the Lt.’s face, allowing a slight smile to escape.

“We have looked over your service records and Major General Kelley and myself agree that your skills are just what we need, we’re offering you a command over a fighter wing stationed to this ship. Primarily six fighter craft of one crew each. You will train and work heavily with your squadron night and day.”
I stand and move to the front of my desk and half sit on the edge with my arms folded in front of me.
“This assignment will push you to your limits and beyond. It will require your absolute dedication and 100% effort at all times, maybe even some growing up. Your men will be dependent on you, so your example must be without reproach. I will fully understand if you wish not to accept, although I would not mask my outward surprise or disappointment. We have complete faith in you and your abilities. Please think about it and let me know, I’ll be awaiting your response, dismissed”
Lang S
Engineering - Vice Admiral

"Ltjg Lang to the Bridge" as I tapped my comm badge.

"Captain, we should be good to get under way. We are finishing up repairs and all that is left is minor in nature."
Major General J.L.Kelley

The Centurion pulled away from SB 643 and once more we left civilation behind. I could hear the usuall hum and whirr of the vessel as the impulse engines fired up. A good feeling and a welcome one, I was glad to be heading out once more. Although I missed the trappings available at 643, I feel at home amoungst the stars, a pull I have never out grown. As I waited for Major Anderson to arrive, I studied the data base to gleen any further data on the 3 planets we had begun our journey to. There was not much there and I wasn't altogether surprised. No real survey had ever been done, so we were to journey into the unknown again. In a matter of a day or so we would rendezvous with Admiral Turner and Captain Van Wormer and begin this mission in earnest.

Major Anderson arrived and we had a brief mission orientation meeting, I went into my expectations once more. He was up to speed in no time and headed back out the door to his post on the bridge

Alone again I contemplated the stars anew, I looked around once more, no I would never really be alone out here, not among the stars.

Last edited by Major General J.L.Kelley on 10/28/09 20:04; edited 2 times in total

Awarded:

I think I have found a way to coerce the insect creature out of the host's body without killing the person, but my theory has to be tested due to it being a little dangerous. By injecting the host with isotopes and lowering the body temperature by 20 degrees as the isotopes are injected...

Captain's Log 24081009 s1200.7

The Booty Bay has dropped out of hyperspace at the designated rendezvous coordinates and closes on impulse with TF72.

"Comm, hail the Nevada and inform the DFA that we await further orders.". I turn to my science officer at his station; "Mr. Drambuie, please give me a scan of the area."

A brief "Yes sir." as he turns his attention to the monitors for a few moments and then gives his report: "No enemy vessels, however there is an unusually high amount of anomolous energy in this quadrant which appears to be emminating from no discernable single location...interesting."

"Curious...", I murmer, as I contemplate this bit of information...shaking my head, I tell LCmdr Drambuie: "Killian, you have the bridge.", I leave my chair and tap my comm badge "Uno, please meet me in my ready room.", an "Aye sir!" in response as I slip into my sanctum.

Pouring a scotch for myself and one for my first officer, I ease into one of the rare, vintage Italian leather recliners facing my desk and ease back a bit. I place both drinks on my desk and open a humidor there, which reveals it's bounty of cigars I acquired on my last shore leave on earth...Cuban, of course. The rich aroma wafting out of it portends the palatal euphoria soon to be unleashed. Pulling out one of the fine smokes, I retrieve the clipper and the box of wooden matches. As I prepare to clip the end of the stogie, the door chime sounds; "Enter", and a moment later Morgan enters the room.

"Sit down Morgan, sit down." I say to him, "No formality here...we await the pleasure of the Admiralty and I deem we should pleasurably await!". Finishing the cigar's preparation, I strike a match and light it, tossing the expired stick into a large (and very heavy) crystal ashtray. Puffing to ensure it is well lit, I cradle it in the fingers of my left hand and retrieve my libation from the desk top and take a few measured sips before returning it to it's position of honor.

Dense blue smoke swirls around my head as Morgan settles into the accompanying seat and takes up his drink. Raising his glass in mock salute, (He is telling me thank you for the drink, but I'll pass on the cigar) he downs half and settles back into the caress of the Italian leather. I raise my left eyebrow in response(asking him what prompted his declining of my offering)...familiarity over many years has produced between the two of us this non-verbal form of communication.

"Not to be rude Captain, but the crew is curious as to why we are here with the task force...especially after your appearance in the Blue Grotto, alone and apparently consumed by some concerns regarding our current assignment."

Dang it! I KNEW that was going to catch up with me...cudos to my crew! "Well Morgan, suffice it to say I have my concerns. The good Admiral Turner requisitioned some projectile close support weapons that had some curious modifications which I did not make you privy to when I had them brought aboard or transferred to him.", glancing at him I could tell he remained non-plussed by being kept out of the loop on this one. Continuing further; "but that is not my REAL concern, as the Admiral has always had a warm spot for hand weapons. My real concern is what those refurbished and upgraded antiques were necessary for. Enough so that he has the bulk of the fleet out here, including us!"

I had his full attention now as he ruminated over those details. Taking another pull on his drink, he lets it roll around his mouth and places the tumbler on my desk. "Perhaps he has discovered something we can sink our teeth into for the good of the fleet?", he poses.

"Aye, Morgan, my thoughts exactly, and knowing him it must be something big. So big he wants his best scavangers on it!". I finish my drink and hand him my tumbler. "Fetch us a couple more if you don't mind."

"Not at all..." He says getting up. Morgan goes over to the small bar in my ready room and pours two more, handing me one. "I assume you have researched the arms?" he asks.

"That I have, as well as any new develpoments from the BOREP. But I cannot make heads or tails of what might be out here from that small lead...ah well..." I take another sip of scotch: "Time will tell, time will tell."

Awarded:

"LT PakBeall, open a channel." I said to the communications officer.

"Open Sir", she replied.

"Midway to FADM Fortin, CTF72 and CTF80." "Repairs completed, ship fully operational. Standing by for further orders. Midway out."

Now we just wait for the fleet to arrive....

re: Years of Planning

I have left the USS Dewey and am once again reunited with my crew
aboard the Nevada. The 7th Fleet is reunited in one great Armada,
preparing to once again, go where no man has gone before. I duck into
my ready room. Computer, Secure Room Alpha 1.

I am well rested and ready to do this thing.

tap . . . Mr. Cabot, are you in position? . . aye sir . . send the
Tactical Shotgun Squad now . . I hear a static pulse and go go go . .

. . I wait . . it should only take 45 seconds to complete the mission, if
nothing goes wrong, years of preparation come down to this.

I watch the little lights and flashes on my monitor, I can hear the cross talk . . Snow is giving the orders, Firehawk & Gordan are performing perfectly . . Snow is the last one through the Fleet Admirals Door, he looks around the room and sees nothing but carnage. The only one left breathing is Dennis Mullin. Snow approaches swiftly and releases one old fashion 12 guage round in Mullins Face.

even before the gore can hit the floor he is . . tap . .

Fleet Admiral Turner, what are your orders.

I take a deep breath, "Snow, Secure the Starbase and proceed with your next Mission." I did it, I am in control, at least for the moment. I must go forth and execute my bridge crew, beam over to the Dewey . . what is that damn noise . . I prepare to exit my ready room, but that damn noise, what is it, crap . .

I suddenly awake to the loud beeping of my alarm clock. Oh Hell, this is gonna be a long day. Computer, Coffee, Hot.
Fleet Admiral E. Fortin
Tactical - Fleet Admiral

Awarded:

"Comm", "Aye sir.", "Hail the Nevada", "Aye, Aye sir.", he replied.
"Admiral Turner I have dispatched the Fleet Flight Surgeon to your location. I feel you gentlemen need to have a bit of a chat. I'm concerned about the recent dreams you have been having and want to make sure you're not suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. Please acknowledge Fleet Admiral Fortin out..."

re: Tasson Embry & What Happened to the LMS

R E P O R T
Tasson’s Bell – Project Endgame
RE : Tasson Embry has always been fascinated with " Consciousness"

Transcripts from recent interview with Tasson Embry.

"Human Consciousness is a subjective experience, it is the executive control system of the mind. Consciousness is an umbrella term used by most that may refer to a variety of mental phenomena. Although we humans realize what everyday Human experiences are . . . Consciousness refuses to be defined."

"Anything that we humans are aware of at a given moment forms part of our consciousness, making conscious experience at once the most familiar and most mysterious aspect of our lives"

"Now, suppose we were to release "Consciousness" from our human awareness. Most call this death, and it certainly is for that individual. But I propose that the "Consciousness" remains and continues to be experienced by other creatures and life forms, each according to its gifts."

"I have found a way to capture the "Consciousness" at the time a life form expires.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to hold on to the "Consciousness" for more than a nano second. Although lifeforms appear to accomplish this with ease, the power required to hold the "Consciousness" captive is immense."

"The device / process I created to capture the "Consciousness," I call the "Bell", which you now call, and I approve, of "Tasson's Bell." So, logically I decided, I must also create a life form as well, and create it with massive universal energies. So, I combined my Bell with your LMS weapon. "

"I believe when we return to the LMS detonation site, there will be a new life form there, a life form born of all the "Consciousness" destroyed by your blackhole device."

Last edited by Deputy Commander Turner on 10/29/09 20:47; edited 1 time in total
Major General J.L.Kelley

After a few moments alone in the meeting room, I gathered my thoughts and took leave of the room myself. Once I turned my padd back on active mode it started to go richter with a flurry of vibrations and message pings. Hmmm... let me see, Col. Yoshinda x3, Col Steile x2, Lt. Ghostface x1, Admiral Turner x2; well the Admiral's LED was blinking red that was where I'd start. Col. Yoshinda commed me immediatly to remind me that we had a general comm announcement at 10:00 hrs, thanks I replied; time to make my way to the bridge once more.
Chirp/tap "General?" Tap "Yes Major Anderson?" "Lt. Ghost face says that two of the fighter craft have less than optimal dilithium enrgy matrix readings which of course will result in less than optimal capabilities." "O.K." I began my answer, "Major Anderson remind Lt. Ghost face that he has not yet accepted the position of fighter lead yet and when and if he does he may begin to brief me on "his" fighter craft." Until then I will take his findings under advisment."
I took specific hallways to get to the turbo lift as quickly as possible. I would screen my messages in the lift and include the relevent data in my 10:00 hrs Gencom to the crew of the Centurion
We should arrive at the rendevous point soon after my Gencom to the crew of the Centurion. I could only wonder what the Admiral had coded red. Of one thing I was certain, this mission was going to be far from ordinary.

Page 6 of 6

Jump to: