Personnel and admin actions as follows (For service completed through, and effective on, February 1, 2417):
1. PERMANENT PROMOTIONS TO THE GRADE OF LIEUTENANT/SECURITY LEVEL II GRANTED:
2. PERMANENT PROMOTIONS TO THE GRADE OF LIEUTENANT COMMANDER:
3. PERMANENT PROMOTIONS TO THE GRADE OF COMMANDER/SECURITY LEVEL III GRANTED:
4. PERMANENT PROMOTIONS TO THE GRADE OF CAPTAIN/GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL:
5. GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL, 2 YEARS:
6. GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL, 3 YEARS:
7. GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL, 4 YEARS:
8. GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL, 5 YEARS:
9. GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL, 6 YEARS:
10. GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL, 7 YEARS:
Morgan Shackelford @sparrow794
11. OFFICERS ON RESERVE:
12. OFFICERS ON YELLOW ALERT:
(Over 30 days since last Fleet7.com Galactic Computer Network site login, on Reserve and not reported in for longer than 90 days, or AWOL)
13. OFFICERS RELEASED FROM ACTIVE DUTY:
(2 months in a row in Yellow Alert Status) This will be effective Thursday, 9 February 2017, unless these officers report for duty (in-game) and sign into Fleet7.com by that date:
14. OFFICERS GRANTED AWARDS FOR MERIT:
15. OFFICERS RELEASED IN DISCIPLINARY ACTION:
1. All Fleet and Armada members are welcome to attend all of the following January Fleet Events. All the events take place at 2030 EDT, unless otherwise noted:
To be announced: A Fleet Roleplay Scenario - coordinated by FCPT Preston. Starts at the very end of January, with posting through April. PM Mr.Preston to be included.
Fleet Event: Admiral’s Call/Tzenkethi Missions - 10 February, 2030 EST, Meeting at SB K-13 for ADM Call, then running Tzenkethi missions.
Fleet Event: Tzenkethi PvE Missions - 17 February, 2030 EST,
Carrier Ops Night - 1 February: COMO Richter will lead Fleet Carrier combat operations.
Kick a Tribble - 6, 13, 20, and 27 February: All available KDF Fleet units will sortie to find worthy opponents.
Junior Officer Ops - 2000 EST 18 February - CAPT Preston commanding.
Temporal Thursdays - 1930 EST - 2, 9 and 16 February - CAPT Moroski commanding.
Staff Meeting - 23 February, at 2100 EST: We will plan our monthly activities for January. All are welcome to attend, including Armada staff. The format of the meeting is event planning, then round table discussion/staff reports. Everyone in channel gets called upon, so please wait until you have the floor, if you wish to speak and contribute. Then the Fleet Admiral concludes the meeting with his comments.
2. We have a new Fleet Training Officer, FCPT Sapel, contact him by PM or when in Discord to make arrangements for Ship Builds and testing and info on equipment and configurations to see what it can do.
3. For any questions on contributing to the Fleet Holdings, and for assistance in doing so, please contact FCAPT Novin. He can be reached by PM at Novin7, or on his ship’s bridge at @novin7. Don’t forget that you can generate Fleet Credit by donating to Armada Fleet member holdings.
4. Please review Mr. Mercer’s Foundry holo training Mission, Intro to the Lucky 7th, and give him any feedback that you can to help improve it.
5. If you would like to withdraw some credits or items from the Fleet Bank, but can’t get what you want because you can’t withdraw it, please contact the Fleet Financial Officer, FCAPT Mitchell D. Ries. He is in subspace Discord chat almost daily, and can be reached by PM at Edward Hau, or on his ship’s bridge at @mitchyminecraft2.
6. We have a Fleet Engineer, VADM Kor, who is available to help you with real world computer or game issues. You can make a forum entry HERE to request technical assistance.
7. Fleet and Discord invites and Discord information are authorized for 7th Fleet members in good standing only. Fleet invites will not be sent to individuals until their application is approved by the Fleet Admiral or Chief of Staff. Once the applications are approved, the Chief of Staff will update a running thread under Fleet News on the Fleet7.com holovid page that will let all Captains know who can be invited, if they should ask. Anyone SEC III [CDR] or above can invite them to the Fleet, but again, only if they are listed in that thread, or if you have confirmation from a senior Fleet member that their application was made and accepted.
8. Ensure you stay current with the Fleet by logging into the fleet site, participating in Fleet Discord comms, and reporting for duty (in-game) once every 30 days. Failure to do so without requesting Reserve Status from the CoS is grounds for dismissal. Reserve Fleet Members must report status once every 90 days or also will be subject to dismissal.
9. When in the Forums and Fleet Vent channel, please observe etiquette with respect to other Fleet members. If you think that your group is going to create a lot of cross-talk chatter in the voice channel and there are a number of other players in the channel you are in, please relocate to another channel until the battle is over. Also see the Fleet Operations Manual, especially Directive 2.
10. Next Command Staff Meeting: Thursday February 23, at 2100 EST.
I would like to extend a warm welcome to our newest Ensign: Captainfrick (Joseph T. Frick)
This post will be edited as new Ensigns graduate from Star Fleet Academy and are arriving with their new commands, ready to join the Lucky 7th. All Fleet members who are Sec III and above [CDR and above] are welcome to extend Fleet invites to the new recruits listed in this thread, if they should request it. Please do not invite anyone to the Fleet unless they have an accepted application on this site, and they appear on this list:
Here are the just released press photos from the change of position ceremony held on Earth Spacedock. Admiral Kerry has relieved Fleet Captain Kor and has assumed the position of the 7th Fleet Chief of Staff.
VADM Kor, Chief Engineer and Fleet Historian, 7th Fleet, United Federation of Planets.
The Fleet Admiralty made it official last week at the Staff Meeting, that the Fleet will move from Ventrilo to Discord. The Ventrilo application will no longer be able to be used for 7th Fleet channels after February 13, when the lease expires. Here is a summary of what you need to do, to get Discord installed and get you into the 7th Fleet comms channels. Please note, that Discord can be run in a web window, or in a discrete client application. What we are doing is installing and using the client application, or Discord App.
2. Download the version for your ship computer's operating system to a location where you can find it easily, such as the Desktop.
3. Install the application. For ship operating systems 8 or above, you will almost certainly need to launch the install as an administrator, by right clicking on the file and then choosing that option. We have limited information at this time about the strange, Andromedan invaders' OS, "Mac," so if anyone is running that system on their ship, let us know if there's any differences from these instructions by posting below.
4. Register an account. This is pretty straightforward, and involves setting up an account ID and password, and registering your email address by having Discord send you an email to that account. The application will guide you through it.
5. Launch the Discord app. Most Captains will have to launch it as an administrator using the right click menu on the app icon, for it to work correctly while they are in their ship's bridge.
6. Get an invitation link to the 7th Fleet Channels. Anyone in the application who is already invited in can provide it, but if you have trouble finding anyone on duty, send me a PM [most easily done by clicking on the PM button on the left side of this post underneath my ship patch], or send one to Chief of Staff Kerry. He's listed in the Fleet address list as, "FADM JT Kerry." Or if you are having trouble getting it installed, you should create a forum post here in the 7th Fleet Engineering Forum, and I will be alerted to assist. Please contact me there or by PM if you have any technical difficulties at any stage of getting it installed.
7. Once you are in, look in the app window for a white 7th Fleet UFP logo on the left side. Click it and you will then see the voice channels.
8. Now look down on the bottom left hand corner of the window by your name, and you will see some icons. Two of them are for muting and unmuting the mic and headset, and the other, shaped like a gear, is what you should click on next to configure your voice settings. Click this and then look in the popup window for "voice" and select that. In there, you should make sure that the microphone and speaker settings are set to the same ones you used in Ventrilo, and also you should either set the mic to "push to talk / PTT," or set the sensitivity on the automatic detection high enough so that the Klingons in the channel will not have you thrown into the Agony Booth.
That's it! Post any issues or suggestions to the instructions in this thread, and I can easily edit this post. Looking forward to hearing you all in the Discord app channels,
Our Mission: Our forces will help encourage dialogue, promote growth, and insure the free flow of trade. Our Most Recent History: After the Great Devastation, under Operation "Unified Assistance" the 7th Fleet began providing humanitarian assistance and disaster relief to many planets & star systems in the quadrant. About 40% of the galaxy's population live within the 7th Fleet Area of Responsibility.
We have been given the sacred task and responsibility to rebuild the "Lucky 7th" to her former glory.
Our Motto: No man left behind.
This Area is a placeholder for site content. The homepage is typically the only page without content in this area. Content that will display here are things like the forum list, posts, raid details and any other default content for a section of the site or piece of functionality.