This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    7th Fleet Forum Index -> TURNER's
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deputy Commander Turner

re: History of the 7th Fleet Patch

I, Lt JG Turner, <new> Director of Fleet Art,
was sitting around in the afterglow of the 7 versions of the 7th fleet logo I had just completed for the Fleet Admiral, pondering my future with the Lucky 7th and opening my next Romulan Ale. What an easy gig!

Just then I get a request from Captain Kelley for a Ship Service Patch
and a 7th Marine Division Insignia, followed by an urgent demand by the Fleet Admiral for a Ship Insignia for the USS Ticonderoga which was
leaving Space Dock in a week! Oh and by the way, could we please have
a Medal of Honor, Flying Cross, and so on, .... this is a new fleet Lt Turner,
we are starting from scatch.

Last edited by Deputy Commander Turner on 12/31/09 16:36; edited 1 time in total
Deputy Commander Turner

re: Why I Draw Them

I am a commercial artist by birth and by trade. I love to draw. I really enjoy drawing these patches for a number of reasons. These patches are my gift to you and my contribution to the star trek universe, the 7th fleet, and military tradition.

I draw these for free and in my free time. I have set a personal goal to maintain 50 active officer patches. So far I think there are 31 active officer patches in the Gallery.

My intent was to draw them on a 1st come 1st serve basis, but creativity does not always work that way. Sometimes members don't get me the info for a couple months, or I just plain lost the data and nobody followed up with me. So, if you have been here a long time and don't have one yet, follow up with me, or I just don't like you .

Last edited by Deputy Commander Turner on 12/31/09 16:58; edited 2 times in total
Deputy Commander Turner

re: How I draw Them

I have a very custom design method I use to create these. I am a master of combining the best elements of design programs together to create quick stunning high resolution graphics exportable for use in any file format or printing / digital environment.

The reason they look so good is, they are that good!

Avatars - I usually release the ships patch as a 3000 dpi 300x300 .gif or a 600x600 .gif on a universal guild launch forum grey background in the Gallery. These are for your use as Avatars etc., including STO forums or wherever you represent the Lucky 7th.

http://www.fleet7.com/gallery/gallery_detail.php?gallery=68915&gid=84053

Last edited by Deputy Commander Turner on 12/31/09 17:12; edited 3 times in total
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    7th Fleet Forum Index -> TURNER's All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: