View previous topic :: View next topic  
J. St. Peter

re: Nightly Calls: Feedback Thread

Figured this was as good a place as any for this.

A BIG pet peeve of mine is people posting their feedback for a story WITHIN the story itself. SO, I'm gonna take a tip from other RP guilds that I'm in and post this: a feedback thread.

"Nightly Calls" is a collaboration between myself and JDubios with the hope of introducing our characters and a little bit of their backstory. This should hopefully set things up for the characters that you will be seeing and talking with in game once the release date comes.

Good, bad, whatever you think of it, post it here, please. Thanks all, and hope you enjoy!

Myles Keogh

Nicely written! Looking forward to reading the next installment!

Awarded:

I enjoyed this post alot, loved the interplay between the characters and the development sofar has me hooked defently awating more storys

P.S. For all those that want to know how do you get invited to your thread? whats needed? I ask because we have some very good talent here great potential for an exchange of ideas and storys.

Again very compelling story, well done.

Resist when surrounded, Fight when you have to, And obey orders explicitly when in danger.

The Art of Warfare SUN-TZU
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Very well written. Your command of the language is to be commended. A nice quick read, and I got to learn something about your character that wasn't scrawled out in a dry biographical format. I look forward to more Happy

I have had similar concerns about separating RP threads, from player responses, including threads posted in the various Task Force areas.

So far each Task Force has its own thread. These I recommend are used fo day-to-day operations of the Task Forces.

Above the individual Task Force threads, there is the Captain's Log area.

Each captain in The 7th Fleet, should start his / her own Captain's Log. These are accounts of our exploits, they are RP threads, and they should not be commented on within the thread themselves.

If there are any questions about the content within the Captain's Logs, then a PM can be sent, and the individual captain can respond via PM or can work that question and answer into his / her next Captain's Log entry.

I hope that was clear? I have a habit to ramble....

Ezreq Blodvaerd

Deven Scott wrote:
P.S. For all those that want to know how do you get invited to your thread? whats needed? I ask because we have some very good talent here great potential for an exchange of ideas and storys.

As of now, the thread is open to myself and JDubois. That is just a nice little thing to add to certain threads when you have a set idea of where the story is headed and who all is actually involved in it.

Thanks for the feedback so far, and definitely be on the lookout for more. I realize this one is closed for the most part, but we might have a story or two later where more people will be invited to join us. For now, this is more of a Bio-fic for our two characters.

Ezreq Blodvaerd

re: RP Suggestion

First off, I'm not a heavy RP kind of a person...but I do like to tell a story, and my character is not a complete reflection of myself. Sure, we share a few traits...I was Gung Ho as they come, but I was Army and Ezreq is a Marine.

I'm developing my character as if he is a Marine, with things that a Marine would take an interest in.

* Tactical Officer
* Near equal focus on Ground Combat (Guns & Grenades FTW!)
* Bold in combat "Damn the Torpedos!!"
* Semper Fidelis

I've also been considering my BOs as part of my "moderate" role playing.

The an idea hit me.....I have already created my next Federation character (Human, Engineer). Wouldn't it make sense for me to take my Chief Engineer BO now, make him look like my next toon...name him...let him serve on my ship....and then he departs for his own command.

This will create a good continuity between my characters, good for PR and good for the sense of unit cohesion.

Very sorry for getting this in so very late. RL has been an attention whore as of late, and unfortunately, it does take priority over games and story-writing. That said, the next bit is up now.

Hopefully I'll see you all in-game soon.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> RP Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: