This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Task Force 81 (TF-81) MACO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RampantArc

re: USS Kusanagi Commanding Officers Log

Stardate: 2410.0605 (0140 hours Zulu)

The Kusanagi has just undergone a major refit at the Thosian Ship Yards. According to the report handed to me by my XO, Commander Mira Alsulani, the refit was completed within 4 days. Even I was somewhat surprised by the turn over; I guess that’s what happens when you have the resources of half a race and the finest fleet behind you. They used the Hephaestus hull schematics to modify the Kusanagi and made room for 8 Valkyrie Space Superiority Fighters, 4 Type 13 Shuttles and 2 Argo class drop ships; all of which are Starfleet designs with some liberties taken as far as power systems and hull composition are concerned. The only truly new piece of hardware is the ATSV 240 MGC, a replacement for the Argo buggy, for which I have attached the brief to this document.

On the home front, the Exodus Flotilla is still holding position in orbit between Earth and Mars. The federation council has given us “Refugee status”; meaning that they are stone walling our application into the federation. I have no idea as to what has possessed them (aside from possibly the Undine) to prevent the free flow of information between our people when undoubtedly the KDF is undoubtedly incorporating Thosian weapon technology as we speak. It’s fine though, I am more than happy to let my people find a new planet before we enter the arena with the federation. I have looked over the treaty they have drafted, and it’s not bad, though the lack of mention on Thosian AI rights have been overlooked somewhat, which needs to be rectified.

As far as the search for the new home world goes, my desk has a large sky scraper of PADDs with astrometric telemetry and scout expeditions with data on un-colonised systems. Most of them need a high degree of terraforming before we set down. We’re being fussy about it though, it’s going to be our home planet so why not. The advantage of this, which I didn’t consider until the other day is that a new planet won’t have the Dilithium Oxide that’s present in Thosia’s atmosphere, meaning that we can actually develop molecular transportation technology and by extension; replicators.

We are currently en-route to Antiva in the Hylarian sector; we have evidence to suggest that Romulan and Reman forces will be launching an offensive when the Arcturus Ion Anomaly passes around the system. We are due to reach the system 78 seconds before the system is cut off, so we’re cutting in close.

Comments on my promotion and reassignment not present due to the fact that I have no opinion on it as of yet, though I appreciate the level of trust and faith that the 7th fleet brass seems to have in me.

... End Log (User initiated, 0150 hours Zulu)

Appendix 1: ATSV 240 MGC

The All Terrain Scout Vehicle 241 – MGC (Modular Gauss Cannon) was designed and built by Thosian engineers especially for the Kusanagi during its refit. The “Puma”, as it’s commonly referred to, is based on the design of the Argo Class Shuttle’s buggy and replaces them aboard the Kusanagi.

It is driven by Independent Magnetic Acceleration (IMA) and able to reach a speed of 300 mph on a test track with an acceleration of 0-60 mph in 5.2 seconds. It is primarily braked by running the IMA in reverse, which means that it can stop very quickly. Because of this inertial dampeners are installed in the under carriage, giving it a low centre of gravity.

The Puma holds three crew; one driver, one navigator and a gunner. In the centre console has a verity of equipment meant to aid the crew, including a subspace radio and a topographical scanner, as well as the remote for the Argo class shuttle.

What stands the Puma apart from the original Argo buggy is the Modular Gauss Cannon. Although the idea of magnetic acceleration has been around for some time, the Thosian built MGC is much more versatile than star fleets attempts. The barrel off the MGC can be changed within 3 seconds to fire different rounds; that the gunner can change from 9 mm slugs to 28 mm Micro Tricobalt HE rounds. This means it can change from an anti infantry role to an anti armor role and vice versa within seconds.

Another feature that the Thosian MGC has that the federation has been unable to perfect is a pulse phase modulation device, which is located at the end of the barrel. It has the effect of phasing the round to the modulation of a targets shield. This allows the round to completely bypassing the targets shield array. The effect of passing through the shield array rephases the round and allows for full kinetic energy transfer.

Finally, if the gunner runs out of ammunition the MGC comes with a plasma generator and the ability to create a negative charge instead of a magnetic field. This allows the gunner to continue to use the weapon and increases the time the Puma can stay out in the field.

The SATV241-MCG is only available to the USS Kusanagi due to treaty issues between the Thosian Exodus Council and the United Federation of Planets.

Things that Skippy can't do

#77: The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them “You don’t need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for.”
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Task Force 81 (TF-81) MACO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: