This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Task Force 75 (TF-75) 7th SCS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myles Keogh

re: TF-75 Concepts for our Mission

Kioki² has provided some excellent ideas for new missions that TF 75 could undertake. We are very interested in giving this task force a purpose, and also in providing a benefit to the fleet. Please take a look at the ideas submitted and feel free to give us some feedback...

Idea #1. Crafting, When 7th fleet gets new members we could be in charge of making sure their ship equipment is in good standing by making sure they have the best crafted gear available to them from the fleet. Since we have a supply and gathering TF we should alrady have the materials to do this.

When a new member joins the Fleet, they would be encouraged to post in our forum TF to outfit their new ship. Now this would prob only work on lower rank ships/chars and new recruits, since crafted gear is so-so.

RP aspect.. If the engineering TF wanted to get in on this they could be in charge of the parts that are obviously engineering realated and we could craft the science parts. (but as I stated above this might work better to just outfit new recruits on their first 2 tiers of ships until crafted gear is better).

So basically, new recruits - after joining a TF - report in to us for refit and check-up ( just like a doc check-up, ). We will outfit their ship with the essential crafted gear. we can then craft it if no other TF does or make sure another TF has. Maybe a FLEET MANDATORY LOADOUT TEMP needs to be made, ( more for RP) so that new recruits all have the same starting stuff that the fleet deems helpful for their class ( hey!! we could come up with that too).

I love these ideas, and think they would be of benefit to the fleet. However, we want to make sure we compliment what other TF's are doing. We'd love any input fleet members would care to give!

Thank you Sir, I have a few more idea's aswell, and I will send them to you when I get some free time this weekend.

re: Science and exploration go hand in hand

A recently added feature has allowed us to make a step closer to the true path of science and exploration: the diplomatic mission. The majority of diplomatic missions are peaceful and involve investigating new lifeforms and archeaology. Others ask us to investigate and use or advancements in science to discern how or why an event might have happened. Even the one space episode where you may have to engage with and destroy the enemy, the main goal is to discern how several ship wreckages made their way into that particular system. Diplomatic missions easily fall into the parameters of the Science Task Force role.

We can apply this to our ingame role. By organizing fleet events oriented on diplomatic missions given to us by Ambassador Jiro Sugihara. As a Ambassador, I am frequently given three diplomatic missions in different areas. This would guarantee that the event would have several science oriented missions. Each event could be led by a member of the Task Force that has attained the title of Ambassador to ensure each event has multiple investigations.

Using this method could also become a way to assist the new members of the ranks in their missions. How often have we seen an episode that starts out being just a routine science and exploration mission turn into a fight for one's life as we defend ourselves against enemies that wish to take the new technology for themselves. Enroute to the new exploration area, we could stop by any close systems that a member of the team has mission in and quickly run it with them if they so desire. New members would be hard pressed to deny that the Seventh Fleet had any Espirit de Corps.

Running the diplomatic missions would also help those who wish to become Ambassadors themselves. Each diplomatic mission would award those participating diplomatic experience. This would would also have the potential to be more entertaining than just grinding the diplomatic experience out. It could then create more Ambassadors who could assist in running more events.

This possibility would go hand in hand with our Diplomatic Corps. We would probably want to touch base with Ambassador Clonfert to see what he has planned. As the diplomatic missions go hand in hand with the Science Task Force, the First Contact missions seem to fall more in the realm of Ambassador Clonfert's area of expertise.
krodri73

I hope the new mission statement incorporates a fair amount of your ideas, I was really inspired by your post. I really look forward to working with you and would love to hear more of what you have.

LCDR Shi'Rah
Tactical Officer
CO - U.S.S. AVENGER - Miranda Class Assault Cruiser (Alt)
Kioki²

Thank you, I hope we can put some of it to use. it may require the other TF's help of course.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Task Force 75 (TF-75) 7th SCS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: