View previous topic :: View next topic  
krodri73

re: The Last Watch - Part 1

This is a work in progress and just something I am doing to flex my head muscle a bit. Comments welcome and not sure at this point how long I will go. As you can tell by my first entry im a big fan of obscure Star Trek trivia.

Captains Log, USS BLACKHAWK, Dem Vrox Commanding,
The shakedown cruise for the Blackhawk goes as expected. Our current assignment takes us out past the Mutara Nebula for testing of our new slipstream drive. While in the area we are to report back to command Borg movements in the area using the nebula as….

Excruciating pain shot through the Betazed Captain’s head. In his mind it felt like a whole opera company stood right beside his ear and screamed at him. Looking up at his crew to see if anyone else was affected he finds a couple things, A) he was ridiculously much smaller then his bridge crew consisting of Jem’Hadar, Klingons, Cardassian, and even the lone female android security chief. B) His alternate in the mirror universe must not of ever slept.

“Report” Vrox barked a little louder then normal. “Anyone else feel that?”
“Sir, we are getting reports all over the ship that all the psi sensitive species like yourself are reporting in varying degrees of pain from the event” T’Leth K’Lan, his Jem’Hadar First Officer responded. “Coordinating with the CMO for information as it comes in”.

Vrox waved his first officer off and keying his combadge “Doc, do we have anything at all?” His question was answered by the calm and reserved voice of his Zuni Indian Chief Medical Officer Iron Horse.
”Oddly enough the few Vulcan crewmembers we have were affected the most, two of which have already been brought down here after passing out. Also the Ambassador we were carrying from Janus VI sprayed something all over her quarters. Other then embarrassment though I don’t think there was any bodily harm.”
Nodding the Captain replied “We will get someone down to assist Ambassador Jten, keep me posted Tommy.”
“D-9, I want a ship wide scan for anything.” The android security chief acknowledged and began getting her teams moving. Without warning a young human male in a 23rd Century Starfleet engineering midshipman uniform shot through the bulkhead and straight for the Klingon TAC Team Leader Klaarg with his arm cocked ready to engage. Capt Vrox watched the events unfold on his bridge absolutely certain, today was about to get much worse.

“Not on my ship ya Klingon bastard!”
The human male threw a punch with all of his might at the Klingon warrior and in turn Klaarg assumed a standard Mok’Bara stance to intercept the attacker and make him enter a world of excruciating pain. Neither would get their wish as the human male passed through Klaarg dropping the Klingon unconscious to the deck in a sea of sparks and right through the bulkhead behind him. The rest of the crew moved to protect their captain instantaneously while the TAC team medic moved to check on her fallen commander.
Vrox moved through the sea of crew towards his fallen officer.
“Report Valkhrys.” The young Klingon medic waved her tricorder over Klaarg and shook her head.
“All signs appear that for lack of a better term his circulatory system was shocked into restarting. Until I get him to sickbay I got nothing.” The captain nodded.
“Do it now, D-9 I want the ship on lockdown till we get a handle on what is exactly running through the walls here. XO, senior staff now.”
Vrox turned to his ready room to prepare for the meeting when the power died. The captain stopped as the emergency lighting came on. “Seriously, are you shitting me?”
“Im on it sir” his XO said tapping his combadge “Engineering what happened to power?”
“Something or someone just ran into the warp core. We were just only able to shut everything down to stop a full scale breach. Even with the redundant systems we are barely able to maintain life support.”
With a grimace on his face Vrox responded “Any chance that someone was wearing a very old type of engineering uniform?”
After a slight pause “Senior staff meeting sir?”
“Yeah if we can find a room where the lights work.”

LCDR Shi'Rah
Tactical Officer
CO - U.S.S. AVENGER - Miranda Class Assault Cruiser (Alt)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> RP Fleet Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: