View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Fleet 7 Restructuring

Forum Image

This is the new fleet structure, chosen during the 11/18 Command Staff meeting. SG Alpha consists of TF's 70, 71, and 73. Beta consists of 78, 77, and 79. TF 81 is also gone.

If you are not sure of your current assignment, or simply wish to choose a new assignment, please sound off. If you see an error, or have a suggestion, please sound off as well. I will be adjusting these as I go and doing individual TF charts so that we can see who's where.

Last edited by sparrow794 on 11/30/10 23:50; edited 4 times in total
Thunor Stryker
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Just wondering if TF-74 was being recommissioned. Have ENS Odin Darkheart and CDR Lance Wolf Fenrir. I am also in discussions with former Lt. Khoa Kahn to rejoin the Fleet.

If not what would be our Task Force assignments?

Respectfully,

CAPT Thunor Stryker

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."
- George S. Patton

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
- Dr. Leonard 'Bones' McCoy
VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Forum Image
Having been at the last two command staff meetings where the restructuring was discussed, I can give a little insight into why this has been done. It was decided the 7th was a bit too spread out amongst the myriad TFs we had. There were some with only 2 or 3 members. It was felt that less, yet more robust, TFs were the ideal. This will reduce the chance that you're the only one on from your TF at any given time.

Awarded:

So are the Task Forces just open and you can hop into whatever one you wish? or are there assignments?

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."
- George S. Patton

VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

If memory serves, you will be able to request a TF to join, though it will have to be one of the ones shown in the diagram above.

You can request to join from the options above. As Mr. P'Rett stated, the downsizing was done to allow for more people from a TF to be found on the game server at the same time. As for requests to join a particular TF, an announcement should be forthcoming from Admiral Fortin in the near future.

Awarded:

So how many members are in a Task Force? As of right now my friends and I login to a vent I host and play from there. We can switch over if someone else would like to team up on some missions or for Fleet actions/events.

- George S. Patton

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

It is a fleet goal to maintain approximately 50 active people on the roster.

With the current setup as shown here, we have 9 TF's; so you would be looking at 5-6 people per TF. This is not a hard and fast rule, simply a goal.

Part of the reason for the restructure is purely administrative. In theory, each CO should be able to report the status of the members under their command at any given time. We want to get everyone assigned to a TF, so that they know who they report to and who they should go to with questions.

As far as how we picked what TF's to keep, it was largely based off activity within the fleet. I'm sorry TF-555 was cut; but we just haven't seen you guys in a long time. I know you came back just recently and are starting to get back into it; but we've also been talking about this a while.

Look, in practical terms, this isn't a huge thing. When we are in game, we're all in the same fleet. I rarely see pure TF squads grouped up; everyone groups with everyone else regardless of TF assignment. Same goes with the vent channels - though there is one designated for each TF; you're typically more than welcome to use any channel at any time.

If all of you are back, we'd love to see you in fleet comms; and if you all want to be assigned to the same TF, I'm sure we can make that happen as well. There are currently several undermanned TF's here - another reason why we did this. The 80th, 88th and 72nd are the only TF's I know that are essentially 'full.'

Where do I fit into all this as commander of the war college?

Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

SATC Savar wrote:
Where do I fit into all this as commander of the war college?

Well, the goal right now is to get all the TF's squared away. Everyone should be in one; even if, like yourself, they have duties that fall outside the TF. I will work on setting up the departments after we have the TF's sorted out.

So, where do you want to be? Do you want stay attached to 78?

Awarded:

All TF org charts have been posted:

http://www.fleet7.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=1064365&gid=84053

Still very much a work in progress, so expect changes. I know not everyone is shown.

Those threads are all locked, so please review them and post any feedback, suggestions, or corrections here.

Jump to: