Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Task Force 80 (TF-80) MACO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vital<FCF>

re: Vital's Cure run

Forum Image

The Cure

Yep, the Cure….. just finished it with a Random Group. Just text and time.

3 hours and 3 mins long. But that’s because of the crappy commutation and a lot of dying. For some reason after unreal amount of time people started to listen to each other and we came up with a plan. (The plan) Worked out really well, but it will get really crazy and the amount of borg coming at you will likely kill you if you don’t keep an eye open on your health bar.

Being the Medic of the group I was extremely busy trying to keep everyone alive. Being the Medic isn’t very fun in The Cure as you are stressing over every click you do. One second too late and some one dies. One second to late to res some one and the Medic dies from not healing himself and others. You could help the Medic by using your Hypos. Please note that no one in this group brought Hypos. LOL! *Bangs head on Keyboard.* Come on really….. no Hypos. Are you trying to kill yourself from stupidly? Everyone should bring Hypos.

Of course we toke a 5 min brake to play some soccer with all these Tribbles that were all over the place because we were using the (Triolic Pattern Enhancer) a lot. We used the Triolic Pattern Enhancer for goal. We given got the Phantasm to spawn….. now that sucked big time, since we were in the middle of trying to kill borg. Having the Phantasm and the borg wasn’t cool. But at least it attacked everything.

After getting passed the Nodes it got easy. The boss was a small problem since his shields were useless against my Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Rifle. Oh though the group toke some time to think about spreading out and stop dying. One person stayed behind so if anyone died they could res them. It was going to be a easy kill but then the borg started to randomly spawn. Then stop spawning. It was very weird and I didn’t understand why they were spawning in the first place.

Being out of range of everyone I could heal myself and have no problem at all with the boss attacking me. But some of them where a little crazy and told me to melee attack the boss. I was like HELL NO! I continued to kill it using my rifle. The rest of the team caught on and used their rifles too, he dead fast after that.

The space battle was nothing really. We just opened up on him. Hell some one had to leave. I didn’t really care about that. We didn’t need 5 people to kill the space boss anyways. The Klingons where a pain but after 5 mins they were all gone and we kill him.

Oh yes, and here is the picture of my group. And yes, one of them has a critical on them. That’s right he beamed down with that on himself. What the hell was he thinking! Mark died so many times I couldn't even guess the number of times it happen. Also, Burgue loved to run away from battle if he got below 50% health. Most of the time he died because he was running away so I couldn't heal him. What a group.

Forum Image

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is some information on the encounter.

2 Tacticals
- Unknown

2 Engineers
- Mines
- Large bombs
- Seeker Drone
- Turrent

1 Science
- Medic Mk X Kit
- Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Rifle
- Ophidian Cane

The Nodes

- (The plan) The first two Nodes are to be done slow. Meaning kill everything as fast as possible. The last two, just turn them on and fight the spawning borg like there is no tomorrow. The amount of workers that will spawn will be large.

- Drop Turrets near node or near borg spawn point. This will give the other borg something to do other then attacking you.

- Drop mines and large bombs on borg spawn point. Doing this will cause massive amounts of damage to the workers, leaving them almost dead. You should be able to kill them with one to two shots.

- Don’t place your large bombs in the way of Node beam they will explode. Wasting your bombs could mean your death.

- Everyone needs to bring lots of Hypos and their Ophidian Cane.

- Oh though you have a medic in the group the possibility of getting healed when nodes are being heavily attacked drops extremely low. So, don’t forget your Hypos.

- The Ophidian Cane does damage to the borg and keeps the workers from working on the Nodes. So, use it if the Node you are at is being over whelmed with workers and other borg. Those couple of seconds can mean the difference between having to redo it or bring the shield down.

- The Medic needs to keep an eye open for people that are going to die. This of course makes the Medic multitask. If you are Medic can’t multitask then you should find another one because he is going to be very busy. All his abilities are likely going to be used one after the other endlessly until he is dead or you win and the shields are down.

The Ground Boss

- AoE attack does massive damage

- Take turns getting agro this will lower the possibly of death

- Spread out into a crescent moon shape, should work just fine.

- Keep your Hypos ready. You will take massive damage when he shoots you.

- When he starts blocking with his shields the (Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Rifle) Bounces from his shields onto himself making his shields useless.

- Now and then Borg will spawn right in front of him with a node and will likely over run everyone if you don’t regroup and pick them off. The boss will just stand there and wait.

- Boss doesn’t have any type of regeneration abilities from what I see. So, keep at it.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: