View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Staff Report, Day One

Forum Image

Well then.

First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for all the well wishes and congratulations. Maybe you're all just kissing my ass now, but I doubt it... and in any case, it has made me feel like I can do this job - and that you all want me to do it, as well. So I do appreciate all the support everyone has shown.

I spent pretty much all day in ventrilo yesterday, talking to as many people as possible about pretty much everything. I didn't talk to everyone I wanted to, but I talked to a good many of you. Now, don't go thinking that this will be normal behavior for me - one of the great things about this fleet is that, when needed, any one of us can get up and walk away from it, for any reason, knowing it will be here when we get back. That speaks a lot to the level of maturity ingrained in our membership. Real life always comes first. This is just a game, something we all do to have fun and escape the burdens of reality. As such, we do not wish the game to become burdensome itself. I won't allow that for myself, and I don't want any of you to allow it either.

Sometimes the wheels turn slowly here, but that is largely why - getting the decision makers all together to discuss and take action on issues takes time, because we all have real life priorities. The upside is that for the most part, the correct decisions get made. Believe me when I say that the leadership team here does a great deal behind the scenes - nothing earth shaking, major decisions are always passed through the membership; but administrative type duties you may not be aware of. Yatug takes care of the bank, and those logs are not fun to look at when an issue arises, and issues do sometimes arise. Until now, Van Wormer and Lang have largely covered maintaining the roster, and that also takes a great deal of work. I largely maintain the website appearance, which takes a lot more time than one might suspect. Point is, little things happen fairly often that are crucial to running the Fleet that you probably don't see.

I am making it a personal goal to try and make myself available to correct some things a bit quicker, if I can. If you need something done administratively, please send me a PM. This includes in game or forum rank changes; I know there are a few people who need some adjusting that we did not ever get a chance to get to after the most recent Crystallin Entity fleet action.

Here's what I have done so far:

1. Pruned several unused sub-forums from the boards. These were largely kinkaid or war college sub forums. Kinkaid and the War College are now their own main forum.

2. Adjusted the forum layout. News is now the Top category; followed by the Quarterdeck.

3. Gave Savar moderator priveleges as part of his assignment to the Fleet War College. Moved many of the current threads to the Fleet Technical Library for archival. Promotion for Savar to captain is pending.

4. Re-assigned Runak to TF-80.

5. Completed all TF OoB's. These are by no means final copies, but the framework is in place.

6. Assigned Ardell as CO for the 79th. Promotion for Ardell to captain is pending.

7. Assigned Keogh as CO for the 77th, pending Keoghs agreement.

8. Confirmed Romano as XO for 71st.

9. Confirmed P'Rett as XO for 78th.

10. Changed COMFLT7ITS designation to BANDITCOM. Augurson, take notes on how to properly name things.

11. Added designator ALPHACOM and BETACOM for Naval Strike Group leaders.

12. Updated a high quantity of namebars; release of TF-71 patch. TF-70 patch release pending.

13. Spoke personally with all TF CO's, except for Keogh and Blod.

I also have some recommendations for discussion:

1. Close recruitment for TF-80. We can't all be special, fellas. I like having TF-80 oversized, particularly due to the nature of the unit; but I have naval TF's that need bodies, badly. Any new recruits should considered for SG Alpha or SG Beta for the time being.

2. Consider potential and specialized recruitment for TF-88. I would like to see the members assigned to TF-88 playing their Klingons as their main characters; and I would like to see the size of the TF go up a bit. To that end, I think we should consider recruiting 2-4 actual Klingon players into the TF.

3. Recommend assignment of all former TF-555 members to TF-71.

4. Recommend assignment of Kaiser to TF-73 as aide to COMFLTOPTAC.

5. Immediate assignment of any current or future science officer recruits to TF-77 until the head count gets to 3+.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a great many things, but those are the highpoints. Goals include:

1. Org charts for department heads

2. specialized TF88 namebars

3. Finalize TF70 patch

4. Create War College patch

Thank you for your time, gents. My door is always open.

Last edited by sparrow794 on 11/23/10 12:29; edited 1 time in total
AUGERSON U.S.M.C. (Ret)
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Forum Image

Outstanding Day One Sir,...... tongue out

Awarded:

Nicely done, sir; while I understand that there's a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff that happens, visibility helps folk feel like they're truly part of the fleet. Thank you for that.

Awarded:

Excellent report sir please keep be advised as to any unrest and or disobedience... The capital punishment is Keel Hauling followed by flogging oh and then let us not forget the plank...

Forum Image

Excellent work Commodore!

As for the issues you brought up concerning TF 88, I will forward you some of the information you may not have been privy to, prior to your new position.

As you may be aware, the 88th is the Counter Intelligence arm of the 7th Fleet, and not all of our activities are out in the open. IE: The starting of the Black Legion Knights War.

Ezreq Blodvared
Commanding Commordore, Tactical
88th Counter Intelligence BN, 7th Fleet

many thanks for all your hard work, but sir i didn't realise i had a name change (runaz not Runak)

thank you very much for completing the transfer in such an efficient manner

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Deven Scott
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

Forum Image

Looking Sharp sir, look forward to many good days . BETACOM will post updates later on tonight with a status and direction of the Beta Strike group.
TF-78 will also be getting updates as well.

Resist when surrounded, Fight when you have to, And obey orders explicitly when in danger.

The Art of Warfare SUN-TZU
Lang S
Engineering - Vice Admiral

re: Re: Staff Report, Day One

sparrow794 wrote:

Yeah I think TF-79 would be a better fit.

Awarded:

re: Re: Staff Report, Day One

Lang S wrote:
sparrow794 wrote:

Yeah I think TF-79 would be a better fit.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do in all honesty. I've got a much better picture of what the roster really looks like now. The only person I had to worry about 3 days ago was Mac; now I've got worry about everybody. BOTHER BOTHER.

Ideally, I'd like all of the TF's to be strong like the 80th, with the best possible leaders and a sizeable chunk of the roster. We could probably stand to cut a few more TF's and shuffle CO's and XO's around. Maybe.

Like I said, I dunno. I don't want to piss anyone off; it's just a game. I don't think anyone would be too happy being in a TF by themselves, but wtf do I know. I do realize that folks are probably proud of their TF's - even if it's only them and one other person. Part of me feels bad over the 555th, the 76th, the 75th, and the 81st.

Structuring the 'navy' side of the fleet, so that the TF's are all similar in strength to the 80th... well, that would mean some MAJOR changes. I'm unsure as to how everyone would react to that.

So let's gauge people's reaction:

If I said I think we should roll 77 and 79 into the 78th, and then we should roll 71 and 73 into 70th - and, in doing so, re-task them with new missions, and shuffle leadership... what would you all say to that?

There is a reason the 80th is a big draw, particularly for new recruits. They are unique, they have their own TF uniforms, a clear mission, strong and active leadership, and strength in numbers. Imagine yourself as a new recruit - hell, what TF would you ask to go to? Especially if you are a marine IRL?

I would like new recruits to look at the options for assignment as a new member and have 4 really strong choices, rather than 1 or 2 strong choices and 4 or 5 mediocre ones.

Am I crazy?
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I'll just post this here and see who notices. This is purely hypothetical.

Forum Image

Now that looks like a proper Task Force.
Admiral Van Wormer
Science - Admiral

Awarded:

Very sharp Sir!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Flash Traffic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: