View previous topic :: View next topic  
CDR Hunter

re: KDF Battlegroup crosses into Federation Space (FED RP/PVP)

Forum Image

Forum Image

CCCC 11192010 001
FM SFC/
TO SEVENTH FLEET/
FLASH
SUBJ/KDF BATTLEGROUP CROSSES NEUTRAL ZONE (S)/
S E C R E T
RMKS/1. AT APPROXIMATELY 0130 STANDARD EARTH HOURS A KDF BATTLEGROUP WAS SPOTTED CROSSING THE NEUTRAL ZONE. DECODED MESSAGE TRAFFIC INDICATES KDF LIKELY HAS ORDERS TO INTERDICT NEUTRAL SHIPPING. KDF BATTLEGROUP WOULD ALSO BE WITHIN STRIKING DISTANCE OF DEEP SPACE OUTPOST K-7.
2. MAKEUP OF BATTLEGROUP IS UNCERTAIN BUT LONG RANGE SENSORS CONFIRMED PRESENCE OF AT LEAST TWO HEAVY CARRIERS AND MULTIPLE SMALLER SHIPS.
3. ALL UNITS IN ETA ERIDANI SECTOR ARE DIRECTED TO ACHIEVE HIGHEST ALERT POSTURE AND STANDBY FOR FOLLOW ON TASKING. ANY SHIP WITH LESS THAN FULL WEAPON LOAD IS TO REPORT TO K-7 FOR 100 PERCENT TORPEDO LOADOUT./
S E C R E T

UUUUU

((1st ROUND TARGET ASSIGNMENTS ARE ON THE WAY))

CDR Hunter

((1st Round matches are out via PM on the website. Be sure to check your mail. Good luck to all.))

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Captain's Log
U.S.S. Valley Forge
Stardate 88499.20
Commodore Shackelford

It's been an interesting day.

The command staff and core crew of the U.S.S. Shiloh have been transferred. We took command of the U.S.S. Valley Forge early this morning, a permanent assignment as part of Task Force 72. The brass must have lost their mind.

We managed to get about three quarters of the way through completing the transfer when the comm boards at K7 lit up like the eastern american seaboard. Flash Traffic from HQ; klingon forces were exploiting minor gaps in the line in our sector singly and in pairs. They were heading our way. Complete the transfer, and immediately move to intercept.

It wasn't long before the distress calls started pouring in. The Arbiter was among them.

"Status Report, Commander."

"Transfer 78% complete, Commodore."

I was done waiting.

"Sound general quarters. Clear all docking bays and corridors. Prepare to disengage spacedock."

"Our combat efficiency will be greatly reduced... Commodore."

"Duly noted. We don't always get to go to war with the weapons we wish we had, Sivak. Plot your intercept course and get me there, yesterday."

I wish I could somehow condense the next twelve minutes of what happened into something easily relatable. We caught something on the sensors on the way out - not far from K7 at all. I don't think they expected us to be there. We sure as hell didn't expect them, not that close. If we had stayed to complete the crew transfer, we would have been sitting ducks.

We moved to the best guess location of the anamoly and started poking around. We didn't get anything on sensors until about a half a second before my rear shields completely dropped and impact warnings started going off. Thank god for this crew. I hardly have to tell them what to do anymore.

"Emergency power to shields! Fire all phasers, attack pattern: Alpha!"

I am truly going to miss the Shiloh. But the Forge? Well - she'll do.

The damage assessment wasn't good. But it could have been a lot worse. That initial strike hit an area of the main hull that was largely unoccupied. We were able to recover, but just barely. That Klingon fought us like a hungry junkyard dog. The outcome was never a certain thing during those long minutes... and we find ourselves limping on impulse towards the Neutral Zone, trying to effect repairs.

(( Blod and myself fought to 5 kills on 'Cracked Planetoid.' The final score was 5-2 in my favor, but that does nothing to indicate how close the match truly was.))
Mac D. Ardell
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

"Beep-Beep...beep-beep...beep-beep..."

Commander Mac Declan Ardell stared at his data pad, he was reviewing the latest Fleet Bulletins, full of updates and transfers, when the priority signal sounded from his communicator. His Chief Tactical Officer currently had the bridge watch, the Arbiter was at high alert as a result of the latest flash traffic indicating a klingon incursion into the neutral zone in force.

"What is is Commander?"

She replied in a hurried tone, "Starfleet has received an Emergency request for assistance from Starbase 157, they have detected signal contacts on the edge of long range sensors matching klingon energy signatures."

This could be a feint, Ardell thought to himself. Starbase 157 had recently come under attack from klingon forces, and Starfleet has yet to replace most of the assets lost as a result of the attack. If the klingons were truly moving in on a weakened position, they'd move in for the kill and wouldn't be playing at the edge of the Starbase's sensors.

"Roger that Commander, emergency personnel recall in effect, beam me aboard, I want to be warping out as soon as the last officer is stepping off the transporter pad"

"Aye, Sir"

So much for a drink at K-7, he thought as the transporter beam initialized.

Ardell turned to his chief tactical officer as he strode onto the bridge, "Status Commander."

"All personnel on board, the K-7 maintenance crew has returned to the station, all systems are go," she stated.

"Very well, engage cloak, set course for Starbase 157, maximum warp," we'll play ball, he mused, even if we don't know all the rules to the game yet.

As Commander Ardell was reviewing the summary maintenance report, his science officer turned and spoke, "Sir, Starfleet has relayed an urgent communique from a Tellaran survey ship passing through the Azha System along with the ships sensor data. They detected a large klingon energy signature, but were not willing to close distance to positively id the contact. Reviewing the data, and comparing it to the sensor logs of Starbase 157, part of the energy signatures match."

"Understood Lieutenant, alter course for the Azha System." Ardell referred to his personal display, pulling up data on the surrounding systems. From there, he surmised, the klingons would be within short strike distance of the Aldebaran System, its large Federation Colony, but more importantly, the New Aldebaran Shipyards. He entered in his Starfleet Security Clearance code to access Starship and defense dispositions for the system. Currently, no starships were on station, pulled for redeployment to the Orellius Sector to combat the persistent Breen threat, and to systems closer to the neutral zone as a response to the klingon incursion. Unfortunately, it seems a klingon force has taken advantage of this, popping up in the right places to draw off defenses and slip farther into the sector. A strike against Alderbaran would definitely be worthy of one of those songs the klingons love to sing over their bloodwine, a great honor, striking hard, and at the largest Federation colony in the sector. Glorious indeed.

"Sir, arriving in system."

"Drop to impulse, maintain cloak, give me a long range sensor scan."

The Arbiter's Science Officer Spoke up "Sir, I am detecting a large energy signature, looks like our wayward Klingons."

"Red Alert, set a course for the contact, lets see who we're dealing with."

"Within visual range."

"On Screen....magnify...." Ardell smiled, "nice."

"Sir, sensors identify the contact as a Vo'Quv class Carrier, and Sir, it appears the ship is preparing to go to warp."

"Roger that Lieutenant, set a parabolic course to bring us up amidships, stand by to drop cloak, and transfer power to weapons."

"Commander", the engineering bridge officer spoke up, "We are going to take on that," pointing to the screen, "without assistance?!"

Commander Ardell looked hard at his engineer, "Thats right Lieutenant, because there is no available assistance, and if that Carrier goes to warp, it is going to wreak havoc. Our priority is to safeguard Federation citizens, so we have to play the hand we're dealt, mind your console."

"All systems ready Sir, course plotted, standing by," the tactical officer added.

"Engage Commander, at 5 clicks out, drop cloak and fire."

The Arbiter maneuvered into position, as soon as the spatial distortion of a de-cloaking ship cleared, the entire port side of the Klingon carrier was bathed in crackling red energy.

"Sir, the Carrier is launching fighters."

"Bring the ship about, Attack Pattern Alpha, stand by cannons on a wide firing arc, fire for area effect.......Fire!"

The Arbiter's Cannons blazed, obliterating the wing of To' Duj fighters.

"Sir, the carrier has locked on with a tractor beam, we are being held in place."

"Attack Pattern Omega, recalibrate beam emitters to maximum beam width, emergency power to weapons."

"Ready Sir."

"Fire!"

A blinding flash dimmed the viewscreen as overloaded beams lanced out to the target.

"Sir, the Carrier has launched Birds of Prey, and a second wing of fighters is inbound."

"Emergency power to shields, target the closest Bird of Prey, fire when target acquired."

"Ship destroyed," she announced, "Sir, I've lost the helm, our engines have been disabled."

Ardell turned to his engineering officer, "When you get a chance Lieutenant," and turned back, "Set aft turrets to autofire, proximity targeting on those fighters, thrusters, get the bow back on that Carrier, fire as able."

"Engines restored!"

"Thank you Lieutenant."

"Sir, I have a new contact warping in, a Vor'cha Class Battle Cruiser!" The science officer shouted as the Arbiter took a huge impact, the starboard side bridge stations disintegrating into flying shards of glass, sparks, and flames. Ardell looked at what remained of the face of his science officer, pinned to her chair.

The engineering officer shouted above the din, "We have multiple hull breaches, I can barely maintain keeping the shields up for more than a few seconds."

"Seal those decks, activate hazard emitters, reverse shield polarity, reroute remaining power to weapons."

The tactical officer spoke up, "Ready for a strafing run Sir."

"Engage, I want to get so close I can reach out and knock on that Klink's hull."

The Arbiter raced in at the Carrier, all weapons firing, then was violently thrown back. Ardell picked himself up off the deck and surveyed the bridge. His tactical officer was slumped over her console, the bridge was in shambles, only two officers remained at their stations, one was his engineer, looking at him with wild eyes. "Some kind of shockwave Sir," looking at his flickering console, "
we've got nothing left, main power and weapons off line, and I can't get any system feedback on anything else." He paused, "What do we do now Sir?"

"Lieutenant," Commander Ardell replied as he pushed the body of his tactical officer aside, "sometimes you have to lose in order to win. Give me whatever you got left, shunt all available power to engines, prepare for ramming speed."

"Ay....Ay...Aye Sir," he stammered.

Ardell pressed a series of commands into the console, finger hovering over the final keystroke, and looked defiantly at the viewscreen, "You klink bastard, SEE YOU IN HE....."

White light.

Commander Ardell blinked and tried to look away from the light shining in his eyes.

"Doctor, I think he's regaining consciousness," the medical officer called back over her shoulder. "There you are," she said as he opened his eyes.

"Where am I?" He asked weakly.

"Your on board the Shiloh, we picked up your automated distress signal, but had to fight off some Klingons along the way. Oh, and the Commodore said to tell you to get up off your ass and stop laying around, nap times over."

"Yes Sir, er, Ma'am," he said as he painfully sat up, "didn't mean to oversleep."

"The Commodore left you a datapad, and is expecting a full debrief," she nodded torwards the pad at the foot of the bed.

"My ship and crew, the klingon carrier?" he asked.

"What remains of your ship is adrift, we picked up most of your crew, those that survived, and there was no sign of any klingon ships, whatever it was doing or wherever it was going, seems to have changed its mind for the moment." She replied.

"It'll be back, and soon, this is only the beginning."

((Awesome posts, gentlemen.))

CDR Hunter

re: Round 2!

((Round 2 assignments are out via PM! Round 2 is a Klingons only house battle to cull the herd for round 3. Congratulations to the winners of round 1!))

Vital<FCF>

Forum Image

(Finally finish round 1 pvp Log) Please note, there is likely some misspelling in here. I was up until 2am typing this up.

This is
Vice Admiral Vital Log
Star date 88510

“My ship the USS Cataclysm NCC - 97104 - D has entered Starbase 24 for repairs, upgrades to its science consoles and weapon loadouts. They say that it will be at least a week before it will be fully operational.”

“She’s going to be in here for awhile. Time for some well needed R and R. This is the perfect time to get away from it all and go on a cruise or something. Maybe even go to Risa have a little fun.. hehehe.” *Turns off Log*

*Gets hit in the head with a PADD* We heard that Vital!

"Ouch… Hahahaha. Ok, ok, ok….. Lets all go."

"Woohoo! Vice Admiral, we could always take out the old Cataclysm A."

"That sounds like a great idea. Hell its faster then this bucket at warp speed anyways. Has the starbase engineers started their work yet?"

"Yes, sir everything is moving smoothly."

"Alright everyone lets go and catch the next ship to Earth where we can pick up the old Cataclysm A. It should be on training exercises with Starfleet Academy."

Now in orbit of Earth

USS Cataclysm
NCC - 97104 – A

"There she is everyone. Wow, looks like they gave her an overhaul. I am glad Starfleet has giving me my ship for the week."

"Sir, lets not just stand here looking at the ship, lets go!" *Pushes him into transporter pad*

"Hahaha, ok." *Hits combage* Cataclysm this is Vice Admiral Vital, six to beam aboard.

"I Sir." *Beams to Cataclysm Transporter room* Welcome aboard sir!

"Thank you…. Cadet?"

“I am Cadet Jones and we are all Cadets here sir all the officers are to busy getting ships ready for war to pay any attention to us. Gives us lots of time to learn about all the systems but to be honest we haven’t learned much.”

“Well I am not here to give you a grade or a shake down. We are all going to Risa!”

“No way! I will tell the crew.” *Runs out the door and starts running down the hall.*

“Great, I know my way around. Go right ahead.” *Rolls eyes*

*Walks onto empty bridge* Wow, talking about empty. Where the hell is everyone!

"It seems everyone that everyone is playing some type of game in the holodeck."

*Opens intercoms* “ALL HEAR THIS, THIS IS VICE ADMIRAL VITAL GET TO YOUR DAM STATIONS!” *Closes intercoms* “For crying out load…. What the hell is Starfleet thinking. They are all going to get themselves or the whole crew killed….. Helm best speed to Risa, Engage.”

*Ship goes to warp* “I will be in my ready room.”

*Over intercom* Sir, Risa is an hour away and…. *Incoming Transition from Starfleet Command.* We have a incoming transition from Starfleet Command for you sir.

“Transfer it to my ready room.” *Transfer complete, Reads message.*

“Red Alert, all hands to battle stations this isn’t a drill! Inform Startfleet we have received message and we are on our way.”

*Walks onto bridge* “Best speed for the Starbase 24 the KDF is attacking neutral shipping in the neutral zone.”

“Sir, Starbase says our ship is in pieces, the new warp core isn’t installed yet and the engines aren’t even on the ship.”

*Shock* “I knew what they were doing an overhaul but that is ridiculous…….. I guess best speed for the neutral zone. I know this isn’t a good idea but a order is an order lets go.”

*Passing near Briar Patch* “Sir, we got a Priority one message”

"We are under attack, this is Federation Transpor…………." *Static*

“Sir, we are being jammed at the source.”

“Where the hell did that message come from?”

“Hmmm…. Briar Patch?”

*Jaw drop* “Starfleet is at it again, flying ships into areas where commutations are bad and a great place to get ambushed. That is one the most stupidest thing next to a ship full of Cadets. Alert Starfleet we are going into the Briar Patch after an attacker and get us into the Briar Patch as soon as possible.”

“Yes sir”

“We need more speed. Use the Slipstream Drive, Engage!”

“Sir, this ship doesn’t have Slipstream Drive. It seems they installed a training module for recruits to practice using it.”

“If they are on a ship they better already know how to use it. Never put a crew on a ship they don’t understand the basics of space travel.”

“Sir……”

“What?”

“I looked up the information on the crew, it seems all the crew on this ship besides us don’t know how half the systems work.”

*Face Palm* “Oh this is going to be great. If anything happens to this crew I will never hear the end of it.”

“Sir. We will be there in 5 mins.”

“It might as well be 5 hours! A Federation Transport is no match for any warship out there. It will be blown to pieces before we even get there.”

“Wow sir what a moral boost. Awesome job, keep up the good work.” *Rolls eyes*

*The USS Cataclysm came out of warp and started a sensor scan of the area.*

“Sir, we found the transport…. whats left of it anyways. Scanner indicate KDF weapons fire.”

*Crew flies through the air* “SHIT, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!”

“Klingon ship behind us, our shields at 20% and dropping fast.”

“Evasive maneuvers, Science team we need to transfer power to rear shields, all weapons fire.”

“Yes, sir!”

“Identity that ship.“

“Its LT Commander Jin’Tarr ship sir.”

“This is Cadet Jones, what is happening up there the ship if falling apart, ¼ of the crew as reported injuries to Medical Bay one. I don’t want to die!”

“Get a hold of yourself man! We are in a battle with the KDF we need everyone to do their jobs to keep everyone safe. I am taking care of the problem Vital Out.

“Engage Feedback pulse.”

“Engaging Feedback pulse sir” *Incoming weapons fire bounce off shields into KDF ship*

“That’s what I am talking about, keep moving and try to get his shields down.” * Cataclysm swings hard right and fires all phasers*

“Who is in charge of the Torpedo?”

“This is Cadet Jones I am in charge sir. What do you need?”

“I need High Yield Torpedoes and I need them now.”

“Yes, sir loading now”

“Sir, Klingon ship dead ahead. He is about to make another run on us”

“Reroute all power to forward shields, scan for weakness in his shields and activate dampening field.

“HE’S FIRING!”

*Ship gets rocked by the frontal attack, while a torpedo hits mid section of the ship*

“Activate Tractor beam and fire the Subnucleonic Beam.”

“We got him sir! Our phasers have knocked out their shields”

“FIRE HIGH YIELD TORPEDOES!”

*You could feel the kick of the three High Yield Torpedoes flying out and head to their targets*

*First one bounces off what shields he had raised while torpedoes were in route and detonating right above its right engine nacelle. Nacelle shattering it into 5 pieces and the ship starts leaning back to its right side from the impacted of the explosion*

*Second one slammed into the main hull sending pieces flying, killing many Klingons in the forward section*

*Third hit main engineering section going through the hull. Crashing through the decks and detonating just as it hits the hull on the other side of the engineering section*

*The explosion breaks the ship into two pieces sending the front part of the ship away from the rear part of the ship. Saving what’s left of the crew on the Klingon bridge*

“Warp Core Breach is Imminent Sir!”

“Helm back us off. This is Vice Admiral Vital all hands report status”

---------- (Just before high yield torpedo launch)----------

“Load three High Yield Torpedoes guys. They need them now.”

“Loading”

*All three torpedoes are loaded into torpedo tubes*

“Closing blast doors, locked and loaded! Ready to fire!”

*Ship gets rocked by the frontal attack, while a torpedo hits mid section of the ship*
*Sparks fly everywhere*

“Jones what the hell was that!”

“Must have been a torpedo hit to the hull.”

*Main weapons console blows out*

*Then without warning the bottom blast door falls into its down position*.

*Everyone looking at the rear of three fully loaded torpedoes for a brief second*

“OH Sh….”

*All torpedoes activate their engines and fly out into space*

*Sending the crew in the torpedo room flying crashing to panels, burning for the heat, causing secondary small explosions in the power relays and shaking the ship. With power relays disabled all Fire Suppression into torpedo room no longer worked. Crew that could move ran screaming out of the Torpedo room into the main hull, where the Fire Suppression put out the fire. People what were to hurt to move continued to burn side. The damage control teams showed up and where shocked at what they found*

“To all available medical staff we have multiple burn victims just outside of Torpedo bay one, we need immediate assistance. Hang on guys they are on the way”

*A burned crew member tries talking* There… are more… *Points at door before going to shock*

*Damage control teams open up doors to Torpedo room. Flames shot out of the room, pushing back the teams just for a couple of seconds from the heat of the fire. They sucked it up and push into the flaming room and putting out all fires as they went. A bulkhead beam fell, knocking out and trapping damage control team beta. Team alpha, delta pushed harder and got a hand on what was going on. The smell of death in the room was absolute and heavy in the air.*

*Damage control teams started to help the hurt and injured. Medical assistance arrives and picks up as many as they can to move them to a Medical bay for treatment. After a minutes time all but two were moved out of the area, Jones and one of his torpedo loaders. Come on guys we got you, as they are loaded onto two Anti-grav lifts and rushed to Sick Bay.*

“This is Vice Admiral Vital all hands report status”

“This is Dave from damage control alpha, forward torpedo room disabled. They also have multiple injured and possible dead. All available medical assistance is here and doing their jobs, this is nothing you can do to help the situation”

*Officers and Vital stunned*

“Dave, do the best you can. Vital Out”

“I don’t believe this is happening, it’s all my fault I shouldn’t have push this ship into battle”

“Well sir, I….” *Warning proximity sensor go off*

"Sir, it’s a Klingon Negh'Var class ship!"

“SHIT! “Get us the hell out of here!”

“The Negh'Var has beamed up the crew from LT Commander Jin’Tarr ship. It’s now heading towards us at over taking speed”

“Helm, we need to get out of here. Get as many of those rocks between us and that Negh'Var. It’s a lot larger, less maneuverable, so use that to our advantage.”

“Yes, sir. I am plotting a manual course through the Briar Patch. But sir, even with this that ship will be on top of us before we get out of here.”

“Engineering transfer reserve power to engines and rear shields.”

*Tactical officer looks over a PADD* “Sir, we could try to damage their engines when they get into range. But there is no way we could do any else or we are done.”

“The tactic is working we are almost there.”

“Oh crap! It’s not working any more. The Klingon is ramming the small rocks out of the way.”

*Rocks slam into the shields of the klingon ship. As it continues forward slamming into rock after rock. It gets into weapons range and fires*

“Evasive maneuvers!”

*Rocks explode from torpedo hits. Weapons fire skip of rocks causing them to move and hit the Cataclysm.*

“Shields are holding sir but these rocks are starting to be a problem.”

“Great first the rocks were our friends now their our enemy. This day keeps on getting better and better. Return fire, try to hit their engines.”

*Cataclysm returns fire but the klingon’s shields hold in place and it opens up more on the Cataclysm. Weapons fire getting closer and closer to the ship*

“Oh for crying out loud its only pissing them off. Tactical, can we blind them some how?

*Klingon main cannons slams into rear shields, causing the whole ship to shake. Klingon torpedo hits the right side of Cataclysm shields, bouncing off and hitting the right side of a massive rock. The massive rock moves in front of the Cataclysm.*

“Oh come on. Evasive maneuvers again, helm go nuts”

“Yes, sir. Engage maneuver nuts.”

*The ship rolls over 180 degrees and dives down hard, rolls another 180 degrees pulls up hard. Using the massive rock’s gravity and impulse maneuvers, Cataclysm drifts and sling shots below, up the back side of the rock and out of weapons fire leaving the klingon’s jaw on their floor*

*Cataclysm floors it and ducks behind one last large rock before exiting Briar Patch*

“Warp speed to Starbase 24 now!” *Cataclysm enters warp just as Negh'Var fires weapons and missing Cataclysm by 0.000001 seconds.

We made it sir! Hahahaha, hell yes!

*Double face palm* We really need a longer vacation.

*Gets out of captains chair, does the Picard maneuver with his uniform and starts walking to the turbolift.* “I will be in sick bay checking out our crew.”

*Walks into turbolift* “Deck 5”

*Walks out and smells a little bit of burnt flesh. Hits him like a brick to the head. Vital starts walking and it gets worse and worse. Vital starts running to sick bay and arrives at sick bay and enters.*

“No……….” *He sees 5 in body bags, other missing limps. All the medical staff is working hard and keeping everyone alive. Some one goes into critical. Many doctors come running over and try to save him.

*He yells out* The ship, the ship!

*It was Cadet Jones*

“Jones!”

Sir! We must save the ship, we must save it!

*Vital takes his hand*

You saved it, its safe. We made it out and you destroyed the enemy ship. That ship will no longer hurt anyone else. You did it, you did it.

“Yes, we made it. Next stop Risa…………..”

*Cadet Jones smiled for a couple of seconds and drift off with a smile on his face. Doctors tried their best but he died in Vitals hands*

Yes, yes we will all go to Risa….. *Patting his head and closing his eyes*

“Doctor how is the rest of my crew?”

They will all live. Thankfully we were fully staffed or there would have been a lot more.

“How much time until they are all capable to have some fun on Risa.”

“One week, sir and not a day more”

“Ok, we are going to Risa for two weeks with or without Starfleet, the crew have paid the price, its time we paid them back.”

*Walks out of sick bay, Vital hit his combadge.* Helm we are no longer going to Starbase 24. Cruising speed to Risa engage.

“Yes, sir”

“Also, can you please get the records of the six people that have died. I would like to read up on their recorders, wishes and better understand who they were.”

“Aye, aye sir. It will be on your desk by the time you get to your ready room.”

“Thank you Candace.”

*Walks into turbolift* “Bridge”

*Walks out of the turbolift and they all could smell the burning flesh on Vital*

No one should go to Deck 5 unless you are paying a visit to the crew of the hour.

*Walks into his ready room and sits down and starts ready. Turns out that most not only wanted to go to Risa but wanted to be laid to rest there as well. At least that will be the easy part he thought.*

--------(Risa one week after the battle of the eastern Briar Patch.) --------

“I am glad everyone is having fun now. Did the crew in sick bay beam down yet.”

“Oh they have been down here for the past 12 hours. Getting into trouble of course.”

“Hahahahaha! Of course. I am glad they are having a great time.”

“Have you come up with a speech”

“Sure did I hope it will work”

*They approach the 6 small burning candles and 6 large piles of wood with one dead crew member in each.*

*Candace walks over to the other and sits down. Vital looks around and sees a sea of crewmen under his command.*

“Well then I made a speech I hope everyone will understand with all my experience and understanding of what actions have taken place over my years of command.”

“This speech is dedicated to all those who serve and never give up”

“So many have died today on board such a simple science ship. Will the ship ever go back to what it was originally built for? Will the crew and officers under such a ship see something wonderful or something we have never seen before? Will it discover something so beautiful and wonder less that this war will be nothing but a shadow to its discoveries? All will be answered it time, just as time will answer our course in life.

When will this war end, when will everyone know peace again? So many enemies are upon us, so many battles to fight, it seems this war is a war without end, or promise of peace. These brave men step forward to protect those who can’t protect themselves. They are the few that step into the void of space to make a difference. May it be their whole lives or a couple of seconds, they gave it their all and without anyone asking them too. May it take a hundred of years to bring peace to the alpha quadrant, we will all be their holding the light into the darkness, showing the way forward into time itself. Between the cold empty darkness of space and time, we fly between the lines of triumph and disaster. May we all know peace before our time.”

Thank you everyone.

*A sound chimes six times*

*Vital starts to put out all six fires, symbolizing the end of one journey and a beginning of another. Then setting the logs on fire, walks away and turns around watching their bodies being burned into nothing and their ashes float into the air.*

*After everything is gone*

“It’s over”

*Starts to walk to the beach to have some time to himself to think over some things*

“Sir. Starfleet would like to talk to you. It seems the Klingons are at it again.”

*Rolls eyes* “I guess we better get back to work.” *Turns away from the last resting place of his six men and women under his command and walks off into a rising sun with a shuttle craft landing ahead near by for pick up.*

(I defeated LT Commander Jin’Tarr)

((Third round assignments are up! Good luck!))

Vital<FCF>

Cataclysm at max warp to Starbase 157 nears the station. Cataclysm is a Reconnaissance Science Vessel with 350 crew most of which work in the science field. Cataclysm captain is a Medic at heart and will leave a man to die or left behind. With Starbase 157 has asked for assistance to evaluate everyone of the Starbase. Vital knew that they would need Medical attention with all that solar radiation hitting the Starbase. His ship was perfect for the job on top of the fact the ship just re-launched with the latest Science equipment.

Forum Image

Cdr Candace: “Sir, Starbase 157 has a Klingon Carrier on an attack vector.”

VA Vital: “RED ALERT!”

“Vital, information on the attacker indicates it’s a Vo'Quv ship, named Hegh'eng and its scanning us sir.”

Vital’s ship came out of warp and begin to maneuver. Vo'Quv ships where not only the largest ships in the KDF but also the most feared. Oh though slow, these types of ships have a thick hull and had many bays to launch different types of small ships to attack their targets. Vital looked at it in disgust wanting to send the ship back to hell in which it came.

“Cdr Candace, tell Starbase 157 to continue their evaluation. We will deal with the Klingons.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Cdr Cherico, get us between the Klingons and the Starbase. Open hailing frequencies.”

Cdr Cherico: “Opened sir.”

This is Vital of the Science Starship Cataclysm please withdraw at once, we are evaluating all personal from this station. Please respond.

Forum Image

((Pausing for input from p'Rett.))

Seeing that this Klingon was a warrior and not some flying punk he decides to be daring and try to keep the Klingon busy. He thought to himself, what would be the best way in doing that. Over course making a Klingon mad, he laughed to himself gets out of his chair and walks forward near the screen.

“Lets see........ if I move aside you will kill everyone and destroy the station……….. and I don’t feel like dying today……… and also, I guess diplomacy is not an option here either………… So, I have come up with a 4th option. This option is to kick your sorry p'tahk back across the NZ or to Gre'Thor. How’s that for an option?”

Forum Image

“Cdr Candace, fire all weapons, put a tractor beam his ship and hold him as long as possible.”

Cdr Candace: "I sir!"

((Pausing for input from p'Rett.))

Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Forum Image

Captain's Log
U.S.S. Valley Forge
Stardate 88530.20
Commodore Shackelford

In ancient Earth history, the Greek city state of Sparta was renowned for the fighting ability of it's warriors. They developed a warrior culture that was intolerant of weakness in any form. Newborns with birth defects were killed outright; and those that were deemed healthy spent their short lives learning how to wage war. The presence of a spartan unit on the battlefield could change the outcome of battle.

Reminds me of the Klingons. We've received reports that there has been some nasty infighting among the KDF invasion forces. According to Starfleet, our skirmish outside K7 was with one of the higher ups of the Klingon invasion fleet; his destruction caused a split along house lines that the enemy has spent the last few days sorting out in their own violent manner.

Which is good for Starfleet. Less klingons to deal with - but the ones that are left are going to be the strongest of what has proven itself to be an already deadly fleet.

We've been on a sightseeing tour. Hasn't exactly been my idea of a vacation. We've been investigating the various distress calls that were coming in during the initial hours of the Klingon push. The calls are automated now; and we're essentially responding to the burned out hulks of starfleet vessels, but we have been able to pick up a great many survivors. Thankfully, Ardell made it - though his ship didn't. We tagged it for pickup by salvage teams, hopefully they can put her back together. The Massachussets, the Hood, and the Florida all suffered a similar fate.

The starfleet officers and crew we've been able to rescue from these hulks have been nothing short of resilient. They are all eager to even the score, despite bearing the obvious scars of physical and mental trauma. As a result, we've been able to effect repairs much more quickly than originally anticipated, and we are now slightly overcrewed.

"Commodore, I'm picking up some trace energy readings not far from here. They are indicitave of large scale disruptor fire."

Tafai has been a godsend to my command staff. For a Breen, he has a heightened sense of right and wrong, and his analysis of potential battle sites has been invaluable, particularly in the last several days.

"Plot us a course, Mr. Tafai. Sound Yellow Alert and put the ship on silent running."

Two Neg'Vhar derelicts came up on the viewscreen once we arrived, drifting on a tumbling course and bleeding precious gasses out into space.

"These appear to be the vessels that took out the Hood and the Massachussets, sir. I find no report of any starfleet ships encountering them again since the initial strike."

"And yet, here they are. Thank you, Zea. Continue your scans...

Hair stood up on the back of my neck.

"and raise the shields."

Fenim spoke up next. "Sir, I am receiving a distress call from Starbase 157. They've were hit by klingon raiders and are in need of assistance. Damage to the base has left it vulnerable to radiation emenating from unusually active solar flares. The Cataclysm is responding."

I didn't like the sound of that, not one bit. As of late, the klingons had started using tactics not dissimilar to what snipers used to do in 20th century earth conflicts. Shoot an enemy to wound him, wait for his buddies to try and save him, and when they expose themselves, kill them all. I didn't get very much time to consider my options on how to best deal with this new situation.

"Sir... an odd energy fluctuation to portside..."

Godammit. I knew it.

"Bird of Prey uncloaking!"

An intolerable volley of disruptor cannon fire slammed into the shields.

"Shields dropping fast, sir!"

I did my best John Wayne cool under fire act.

"Reverse polarity and redistribute shield power to all facings. Come about, lock phasers and fire all weapons."

This fight was not anything like the last. The BoP didn't have firepower of the Raptor we had engaged days earlier, but he was cunning. He slipped in and out of cloak, catching us from a variety of surprising vectors, draining our shield strength, chipping away at our defenses. But we gave as good as we got, and after several hours of cat and mouse games, we gained the upper hand, leaving a 3rd klingon derelict among the Neg'Vhars we had discovered prior.

And we were able to catch up on the reports coming from 157.

"The Cataclysm, sir - she's been lost. Last transmissions indicate she was ambushed by a Klingon carrier. There is a 95.6% probability this is the same carrier that destroyed the Arbiter."

A carrier. Hell, the carrier. Of all the KDF that had crossed over, this guy was causing the biggest mess of any of them.

"Let's get the command staff to the briefing room. And someone check up Mac, see if he's stable enough to make it up here. I think he'll have some insight on how we can get rid of this threat."

We've come up with a plan. A klingon carrier is a tough nut to crack, and we have zero backup. We are back on silent running, quietly patrolling the combat zone, listening to the stars for any sign of our remaining adversary.

Jump to: