View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: Member Log-in Guidelines and Rules

Forum Image

It was brought to my attention by Lt. Col. Miv that some of the guidelines and rules are not as clear as they should be, so I will correct that here. This applies to ALL members both past and present.

Admiral Van Wormer wrote:
Forum Image

Effective 01OCTOBER2010, the following will be complied with to remain a member in good standing:

1. Log into the 7th Fleet website at least once per calendar month.

2. Log into STO with your MAIN character at least once per calendar month.

3. Log into Ventrilo at least once per calendar month.

4. If real life issues will prevent any of the above, inform your Chain of Command ASAP.

by direction,
D. L. Van Wormer, Admiral
Deputy Commander

First off, these rules are in place so that everyone has a fair chance in the fleet and have fun.
Now each rule is very straight forward, but what concerned Lt. Col. Miv was, "What if you are unable to follow these rules, especially #4?"
Well.. then you will be removed from the fleet... BUT,...
This does NOT mean "That's it, your done don't come back." not at all, quite the contrary. If something happened, due to real life constraints, or just plain something stupid that prevented you from logging into game, vent, or the website, and you do get "axed", all you have to do is re-apply and explain what happened. One of the Flag staff will, without a doubt, let you back in. Also NO ONE is axed from vent. Admiral Fortin is not that type of person, and if he is.... hell he hides it well :P(just kidding Admiral). If you do get axed, but it was not intended, just pop in vent when you get the chance and talk to ANYONE who is on. They will then relay the message to any Senior member for you. We have already had several members do so, and we happily accepted them back. Though there are a select few who are done with the fleet, and will not be allowed back because of actions they took.
As a warning though, if we see, through past admin cycles, that you have been accepted then kicked for inactivity several times, then you will not be allowed to rejoin. This is to give other people who apply the chance to join the fleet and show what they are made of.
Having said this, if you do though, get the chance to talk to a senior member about a major absence or RL issue that will prevent you from logging in, please do so, as that will save us, as command staff, the time of worrying whether or not your still interested in being apart of the fleet.
We do understand RL comes first. STO is only a game, and gets put "on the back burner" when RL is concerned. So I hope this clears any questions anyone, past or present, has had, may have, or will have.

Thanks for your time,
ALPHACOM Anton Mercer

Awarded:

If there are ANY questions, just ask. I don't enjoy cutting members, but we DO want active and involved members!
Christian M. Hanson
Tactical - Rear Admiral

Awarded:

The only thing keeping me from being active, is not having a computer that can run STO or ventrillo at the moment! But I'm working on it!

Awarded:

Mr. Miv, has been place on the Reserve List

Jump to: