Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

re: The Mirror Universe

Forum Image

Awarded:

PPHHHHZZZ
Phasers fired forth from the Valkyrie and cut through the shields of the Molly, breaching the hull and cleaning cutting a nacelle from the hull. The ship spun out of control and disintegrated as her warp core blew.
"We have to stop those shuttles heading for the wormhole!!" I heard someone shout. In truth, the voice sounded just like mine. I watched as the
Valkyrie sped after 3 Danube class runabouts heading towards the wormhole. A few seconds later, all three were gone in a shimmer of phaser fire. I remember this... this was when had mirror universe personnel try and take DS9...

I woke with a start. What was that all about? I asked myself as I walked over to the mirror. That was several months... why am I dreaming about it now? I grabbed a bowl of water from the replicator and splashed it on my face as I looked in the mirror. What the? Since when do I have a beard? I put my hand to my face to feel it, and only felt smooth skin, but I was looking at a full grown out goatee in the mirror. I moved closer, staring into the face that, appearently was mine, while moving from side to side. I centered my face again staring into it. The eyebrow raised on the face in the mirror, and then it smiled. I couldnt believe my eyes, and blinked several times. When I stopped, that face was gone, and i was staring and my own shaved face. What the HELL was that?
"Mercer to the Bridge."
"Seral here, Captain. Is something wrong?" Seral seemed geniunely worried, and for a Vulcan... that's a cause for concern.
"Seral, level 3 Sensor scan of the immediate area. Look for anything suspect, especially any quantum or spacial rifts."
"Aye, Captain. One moment ......... ........ Nothing out of the ordinary. Two metoers and the Denera Nebula, but that is all. Is something bothering you Captain?
"Hmmm, its nothing Seral. Thank you very much."
"Aye, Captain."
I went back to my bed where Neilel was still sleeping. What was that just now? I asked myself as I drifted back into sleep....

original
mirror

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?? I paced in my room trying to figured out what had just happened.
"I've nevered shaved a day in my life!" I shouted angrily as I tossed a pillow at Neilel. She batted it aside and hoped on my shoulders tryin to wrestle me to the grown. I was so angry, I neatly shrugged her off and tossed her to the ground.
She gave me a nasty look. "What happened? So what about your beard? It's still on your damn face isn't it?
"But it wasn't in the mirror! It was almost as if I was looking at one of those goody-two shoes from....... Mercer to the bridge!"
My vulcan science officer Seral answered. "What do you want, Captain?"
I hit a button on my wristband, and she screamed on the other end. Got to love 24th century tech... "I need a quantum scan of the area. Now!" There was a few moments pause.
"Nothing unusual ... sir."
"Hmm. Fine, get back to work."
I began to wrestle with Neilel, wondering what had happened, and wondering if I would get to kill anymore ppl from the other universe..

Awarded:

"Captain, we are approaching the desginated test area." Neilel announced.'
"Drop out of warp... prepare for simulated combat." A round of "Aye, sir" came from my bridge crew as She'lanna reported the status.
"Switching to simulated combat mode. Weapon strength set to 1/1000th power, loading dummy mark IX quantum torpedoes. Sir, two Federation ships have entered the area. The Archangel and New Orleans, their weapons are switching to simulation mode as well."
"Oh? Two Cerberus ships huh? That's alot of firepower for some new tech. They must have some high expections for these new shields. You always seem to catch a few eyes with your inventions Seral."
Seral turned to me with a normal, vulcan face. "It is not my intention to "catch a few eyes" as you put it, merely to create better technology to combat the Borg and Species 8472."
I shook my head, "Figure of speech." "Oh".
I heard the comm before Neilel could say something. "Open a channel."
"Aye, sir. Captain Midon and .... Captain Midon? Onscreen..." The faces of my two cousins appeared split on the viewscreen.
"HI ANT!" Both of them screamed at once.
"Ant?" Neilel said giving me a look, as well as half of the bridge crew. "I am never gonna live this down." I thought to myself as I cleared my thoat. They both shot me a look, cleared their throats, and Catana spoke, "Very well, there will be time enough to chat after we blow ur ship to simulated hull fragments." She shot a small smile and continued. "We are here to test the Nanite Bio-Phasic Shielding invented by your science officer Seral."
Seral bowed her head slightly, as Jomar picked up where Catana left off.
"As such the Archangel and New Orleans are here to test the shield's capability against heavy fire, and Borg weaponry. We have a Borg plasma bank we've adapted to test and develop countermeasures, mounted in the aft."
"Hmm this will also give us a chance to test some deflector dish abilities and the improved weapons system." I mused. They both looked at me with surprise. "What? You didnt think I would just let you beat up on my ship did you?" They both flustered for a split second, then gave a greedy grin.
"OH? Then we wont go easy on you." and they disappeared off the screen.
"Sir?" I turned to Seral. "Sensors show the simulated weapons on both ships have been set to 1/100th power."
"Oh? This should be intresting." .....

Original
Mirror

"Computer, end program." The medevil knights disappeared from the tourney area, and the room returned to its blank self.. I started to walk toward the exit wondering what I could eat for di..... We are the Borg, your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own, your cultural will adapt to service ours, resistance is futile. I look around to see the room filled with Borg. I grab the dagger at my belt and swipe and the nearest Borg, only to have it sail straight through it. "What the..?" I hit the back wall with the Borg closing in. I was out of options. How are they here? Why weren't they detected? One of the Borg raised its arms and pointed it at me..... Locutus??? The next thing I know... they're gone... "WHAT THE HELL?" I shout as I slump against the wall...

Awarded:

I sat there for awhile wondering what it was I saw. I mean I connected with my blade.. right? It just went right through that Borg.... and then there was Locutus. What was he doing there? He was brought back after the cube had been infiltrated, but... hes not Borg anymore. So what the hell happened? My comm badge beeped, which broke my train of thought. I hit it in response, "Mercer here."
"Captain," it was Neilel. "Sensors are picking up a Space-Time anomoly 5 kilometers of the starboard bow."
Hmmm. That may explain things....
"GET UP HERE QUICK! Sensors read a Borg cube and several spheres coming through the apeture!"
Oh damnnit. "On my way." I chucked the armor I was wearing to the floor. Good thing I had my uniform underneath. Wouldn't want all the female crew members fawning... wait... ugh don't have time for that.
I reached the bridge just in time to see the Cube pass through the apeture.
"Sir?"
"WHAT SERAL!?"
"Umm.. We are being hailed..."
"Hailed?? BY THE BORG?? ... On screen."
The screen flickered to show the interior of the cube, as a Borg walked up to the screen. My bridge fell into stunned silence as we saw him. LOCUTUS...
"Lower your shields and surrender your ship. Your biological and technological distinctivness will be added to our own."
"If you are really who you are, then you know we will not do that."
"You will comply. Your defensive capabilities are no match for us. We have come here for a singular purpose, and one ship will not stop us."
"Singular purpose?"
"CAPTAIN! New singularity!"
"What?!"
"ANOTHER SHIP COMING THROUGH! ... its .... Federation!?" ....

mirror
original

"Incoming transmission sir."
"On screen." I said as the ship took a hit to its shield.The image of Catana appeared.
"Damn. What is that shield made of? Tritainium? I've got 56% hull damage and "simulated" damage reports on all decks and you are brand spankin new!"
"I told you I wasn't just gonna let you beat on my..."
"CAPTAIN! Subspace Rupture!" Seral nearly screamed. Didn't think a Vulcan could scream. "It looks temperal in nature. It's fully formed and is starting to pull us in."
"What? just us?"
"It appears that way sir. Both the Archangel and New Orleans are unaffected."
"OK. Full impulse, lets see if we can get away. Shel' get those weapons back up to combat ready." Aye sirs rang out all along the bridge.
"Ant, we'll try and drag you out with... " "Captain!" a shout came from off screen. "Tractor beams have just gone offline!" "WHAT!?!"
"The New Orleans has lost theirs as well!" "WHHAATT!?!" Catana turned back to the screen. I could see the tears starting to form in her eyes. "Can you get away under your own power?"
I turned to Seral. ... She shook her head in the negatory. I turned back to the view screen now seeing Jomar's face as well, both of them in tears.
"Don't worry." I said. "Maybe I'll end up in the future, and see your grandchildren." I smiled, trying to give them a little hope. They both smiled slightly, but tears continued down their faces. I couldn't imagine how it looked from their end. Seeing their cousin's ship fall into a temperal apeture like this, the only person whos really been there for them, the one who saved them from the Borg, not knowing if they would see me again. All I could do was smile at them as the screen went black.
"Captain, we are coming through to the other side. Sir, I have several ships engaged in combat. Several Borg vessels engaged with... getting registry now.... oh."
"Oh? That's the ship, Seral?"
"Oh.. no Captain the ship is...."
"Yes?"
"Well.. NCC-91107 E Terran Empire Ship Valkyrie" ......

Awarded:

"What?" I said, with both joy and dismay. Having a Terran Empire ship means there is still hope to get back to my own reality, but on the flip side, we are IN an alternate dimension. "Well they are still in trouble so lets help them out. Shel', try and coordinate with their tactical officer. It's a long shot, but lets see if we can get together for a bit to stop them. Target the nearest sphere and open fire. Seral, scan both apetures before they close, I want to.."
"They have already closed, Captain." Seral interrupted me. "I was able to partially scan them, though the computer is still processing the data."
"Ok then, let's concentrate on getting rid of the Borg."
"Sir, we are being hailed by the Borg."
"On screen". My bridge fell silent as we saw the figure on screen.. LOCUTUS.
"Lower your shields, and surrender your ship. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Resistance is futile."
I couldn't believe Locutus still existed in the Mirror Universe. Picard had been rescued by his crew before 359, and is now an ambassador. I can't believe they left him to the Borg here.
"If you are truly who you appear to be you must know that we will not comply."
"You WILL comply your defensive capabilities are no match for us. Resistance is futile."
"Sir," Neilel started to say once the communication has stopped. "The other Valkryie has finished off the last sphere and only the cube is... its gone!"
"What do you mean its..." Before I could finish my sentence there was a flash of light and I was on a planet. "Great" I thought to myself, as only one... being... could do what just happened. I turned to my right, and instantly stared into the face of.. myself. He was in a Terren uniform with sash and even had a kung-pou beard, but it was definitely me. We both instantly reached for the phasers at our belt, but found they weren't there.
"Come now, gentleman. Let's be civilized about this." A voice boomed from out of nowhere. We both looked at each other knowing full well who it belonged to.
"Q!"
"Q!"

original
mirror

"Sir, the Fed ship has started to engage the Borg and is sending tactical data." Shel' said to me from her station.
"Good. Use it to kill the Borg now, then we can take care of them after its over."
"Aye, sir" she said with a grin.

*The two ships flew almost with minds of their own. Weaving and dodging around the Borg and each other, both ships made short work of the spheres."

"We got the last sphere, Captain," Shel' started to say. "Now only the cu... What the hell? It's gone!"
"Gone?! What do you mean gone? If you lost that cube Shel' so help me you'll be in the T-rack for days."
"Nooo.. Noo .. NO SIR I DIDN'T! It's just gone!"
"What? No cube has a cloa...." Before I finished my sentence there was a flash of light, and I was on a planet. "Son of a bitch.." I thought to myself, as only one.... idiot ..... could do what just happened. I turned to my left, and instantly stared into the face of.. myself. He was in a Fed uniform, though it was all blue and looked like an admiral's coat, and was shaved. Man he looks like a pussy. When we saw each other we both reached for our phasers, but neither of ours were there.
"Come now, gentleman. Lets be civilized about this." A voice boomed out of nowhere. We stared at each other knowing full well the bastard the voice belonged to.
"Q!"
"Q!"
Forum Image

Awarded:

We both stared as the usual flash of light occurred, and Q now stood before us. He was wearing an older Starfleet uniform, more in line with Ambassador Picard's era when he was captain of the Enterprise. He paced in front of use before speaking.
"Gentlemen!! How very good to see you again!" He clasped us both on our shoulders.
"The pleasure is all yours." I flatly said to him while brushing off his arm from my arm.
"Can we get to a point here?" My mirror self said, doing the same to the arm on his shoulder.
"Come now, am I really that bad?" Q said through his patented fake frown. "Well lets get this over with so I can get back to what I was doing.." I thought to myself. "Oh there will be plenty of time for that." Q said looking at me, catching me off guard for a second. I then realized... right, he's Q. He then looked at the mirror me. "Now that wasn't called for.... Very well then, I shall tell you why you are here. The singularity that brought you.." He looked at me. "into 'your' mirror universe was my doing."
"And I didn't know this ... because?" I gave him a quizzical look.
He rose his hand in conjecture. "Let me finish. The singularity that brought the Borg and Locutus..." He then looked at the other me."was NOT my doing." Both of our eyes widened in surprise.
"Well then what the hell is going on then Q!? I know for a fact that both of our Picard's aren't Locutus anymore. So who.. or what the HELL was that?"
Q looked at my mirror self with a neutral face. "The Borg in 'your' universe have developed a temporal singularity device which allows time travel BETWEEN universes.."

original
mirror

"I can't believe that", the wimpy me said. "How can the Borg create that kind of thing? That's impossible."
"Well.... they.... had a bit of help." Q stated flatly.
"You helped them!?!" I roared as I tryed to grab Q. Of course he flashed and appeared behind me. I was about to lunge again when I felt the hand of my counterpart on my shoulder. I looked at him as he shook his head. I slapped his hand away and stood up.
"Not Q.... his son...." He said looking at Q.
"Excellent deduction, Captain." Q beamed as he walked back over to us. "Yes, it was my son, the Borg have the TSD, or Temporal Singularity Device if you didn't get the acronym, and they have brought several different Locutoses into this universe to conquer it."
"Can't you snap your stupid fingers and fix it all? I can't see how this is what the Continuum would want."
"Actually... it's not that simple. You see.. The Continuum has actually deemed this another great opportunity to test humanity... from several universes of course.."
"Several??" Both of use practically screamed.

Awarded:

Forum Image

Jump to: