View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKrab

re: Ship's Namesake.

Have any of you who's ship is named after a US Navy ship had a chance to tour the ship? Just found out tomorrow I'm finally going down to see the USS Texas (BB-35). It's not one of the hard hat tours, I plan on doing that later this year. I have lived this close to it for a few years now and felt like it was finally time to see it and pay my respects to the brave sailors who served on her.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/calendar/history/hard-hat-tours-5
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/battleship_texas/
xivim
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

The Mackinaw is stationed close to where i live, i have been on the older USCGC Mackinaw (WAGB-83) but not the newer USCGC Mackinaw (WLBB-30)

I had the great honor to take a tour on the USS New York (LPD21) if you older memebers remember my frist Ship in STO was called the New York, i am proud of the men and women who serve in the armed forces and proud to be part of that day when i was on the USS New York ( LPD21)

I've been on the U.S.S. North Carolina (BB-55). My ship takes the name of the line, but the current U.S.S. North Carolina is a Virgina class attack sub, SSN-777. Since I fly a defiant with cloak, I used the number from it (NCC-91777)

Jump to: