View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deven Scott
Tactical - Captain

Awarded:

re: Role Playing is coming to the Fleet

What is Role Playing

Let me start first by saying I am excited that this part of the fleet is starting to grow and that we have new members that are excited about role playing in STO.

To answer the question , “What is Role Playing” well simple its where you the person behind the character steps into the role of being someone other then yourself like an actor sorta. Your character takes part in a story, rather it be your own or someone else. Think of Role Playing.. like Halloween you get dressed up ..play your part and have a good time doing so. Do we role play in the 7th..the answer is yes we do... at one time we were a heavy RP fleet , while we were waiting for STO to be released our Story boards were very active with the current threads that were on going. We have some very good story's that came about because we had no other medium to express them in.

Again role playing refers to the changing of one's behavior to assume a role, as cited by Wikipedia.
I have been asked to be the RP liaison to other RP fleets to go out and open a dialog with them, see what story lines are current , what story lines the 7th might like to get into . On the other hand as we build up our knowledge of RP there might be Fleets that would like to come and see or join our story's.

I intend on setting up workshops for learning how to role play .. some of the issues we will go over will be Rp etiquette , first time mistakes, and building on character ideas and back story's along with filling in that empty bio. We will also have guest Rp mentors to help understand some of the concepts of Role playing.

Again many of you may not want to have anything to do with RP... which is fine.. but if your interested I will do my best to guide you along and show you everything I know. To that end I have gotten request to do an Anniversary for Dev and Jadia's wedding we have been putting our heads together to try and come up with a fun event that everyone will enjoy so stay tuned more will come.

Here is a story that I am in called the "Apples on my family tree", it features a young Devon in the academy with Kabrina and friends from that time. Spidermitch has been very kind to set up this plotline. Here is the link
http://spidermitch.blogspot.com/

Resist when surrounded, Fight when you have to, And obey orders explicitly when in danger.

The Art of Warfare SUN-TZU
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Thank you sir, keep the info coming... post sticked for everyone's convenience!

Awarded:

I wish you all the luck in the world...you'll need it...many the RPers in STO are clannish and territorial to the point of rude...which is a shame as there ARE so many RP opportunities here

Awarded:

Cleo Mavendorf wrote:
I wish you all the luck in the world...you'll need it...many the RPers in STO are clannish and territorial to the point of rude...which is a shame as there ARE so many RP opportunities here

Agreed... We will support you 100% who knows I may even dabble in a bit of RP.

Outstanding Sir. I have been working in a bio/service record for my capitan. Even going as far as looking at star dates from the Tv shows/ TNG movies for a birth date.

I think RPG will work very well once the forge opens up more and allows users to create star ship and star base maps, 99% of all of star trek should be ship interior stuff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: