View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

re: STF Guidance for Re-modulation

Ok I tested it out just a second ago. I ran Assimilated with KDF guy. I went in with my Disruptor Sniper Rifle and began pew pew the borg. Once they adapted instead of re-modulating I SWITCHED to my Anti-proton Sniper Rifle. I was able to keep putting rounds (energy) down range without having to re-modulate right away.

Granted once they adapt to that you have to re-modulate both of the weapons.

The reason this is important is for 2 reasons:

1. If each member of the team has a different energy type weapon (sniper rifles are still the key) then you should be able to get more damage done without having to re-modulate as often.

2. THE CURE. When we ran it the other night KDF side it seemed trying to re-modulate before the workers took down the transformer is a bit of a "pressure cooker". Having 2 sniper rifles of different energy types will give you the advantage of being able to get in more shots off the get go, and only having to re-modulate after doing the swap.

That being said I know Jason has made the comment that he will be crafting sniper rifles for those that need it. I also can craft, just need the samples.

Awarded:

I thought I would add something I also picked up on... when in a group fighting Borg like in the STF's, the words 'Adapted' pop up over the Borg's head just like they do when fighting alone.

Thing is, you see when it's 'adapted' to someone in your group; and not just you. I felt like I was remodulating a lot the other night, and I noticed that sometimes I would see the 'adapted' thing come up, but I was still doing good damage, so it became more important that once you see the 'adapted' graphic float above your target's head, you start watching your hit numbers. Don't remodulate until they actually drop down to 1 - then you'll know it's actually adapted to you specifically.

also above your shoulder will be a yellow circle to let you know that your captain is the one that is adapted, the yellow circle isn't there for long a second at most, so you'll have to watch it often
Jason32
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Re: STF Guidance for Re-modulation

Huckabee14 wrote:
That being said I know Jason has made the comment that he will be crafting sniper rifles for those that need it. I also can craft, just need the samples.

Roger, let me know what you want and we can craft a an array of sniper rifles:

Phaser Mk XI Very Rare
Disruptor Mk XI Very Rare
Polaron Mk X Rare

Other types of sniper rifles must be bought with emblems or on the exchange.

Jump to: