View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

re: Events for May

So for anyone that didn't read the March Meeting minutes, as Fleet Ops is my job to run/organize our fleet events for the month. Rather then play dictator and pick what I want to do every month/think everyone else wants to do, I'll be asking you guys. Keep in mind your Klingon stuff too. I co-coordinate with Talbot, and I still have my own love for my lil Klink even though its not my baby anymore.

So what would ya'll like to do for May? If your brain dead and have no ideas; Fleet Actions(nice floor trophies), STF specific, PvP events(doesnt have to be war games to do this, teams or 1v1's), or just social get togethers at certain places, etc.....

Awarded:

Wouldn't mind trying to sort out a time where we can get together and do the Deferi Invasion event with Fleet teams...

Awarded:

sparrow794 wrote:
Wouldn't mind trying to sort out a time where we can get together and do the Deferi Invasion event with Fleet teams...

This would be a good time. I really haven't had the chance to really do this event at all.
Ryo Himura

I'd like to see more fleet action events! But I'm up for anything really (STF, PvP, Fleet Actions, Gatherings, you name it). Sorry if it's not helpful .
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

Yep, Defera sounds good, hopefully next month there is one set where everyone can come. Yea we've not done a fleet action in awhile, I was thinking the Undine one great. I love the floor trophy for it, puts a nice green glow off.

Awarded:

HuckabeeNC wrote:
Yea we've not done a fleet action in awhile,

We did The Romulan Temple Fleet action on Saturday..
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

Christian M. Hanson wrote:
We did The Romulan Temple Fleet action on Saturday..

Well my bad, I wouldnt of known, I worked all weekend

Awarded:

I don't have an idea for a specific event for May; I do have an idea that may help flavor an event. Obviously, feedback of all varieties is welcome.

Have an event be at either the Commander or Captain rank tier.

1) The goal/desire would be for character of the designated tier to participate
2) If you don't have a character of that tier, a higher rank tier could participate with the following "handicaps":
2a) Use the appropriate tier vessel and consoles/equipment/weapons
2b) Use the appropriate tier kit/armor/PSG/weapons
2c) Prohibit use of career abilities granted above that rank tier (not a hard and fast rule)

While most of our members are VADM or close to it, we do have some folks that are still new and leveling through the ranks. While it's certainly possible to include them in some of the Fleet Actions, even if they match levels, I think it could feel a little daunting to them. Dunno, just a guess.

Again, feedback on this idea is welcome and encouraged.

Hmmm I like that idea. Anything to give me a reason to get in my Akira. If no one is a cmdr or captain at the time, I think it would still be fun to run a fleet action in a tier 3 ship. From past experience it's a blast.

That does sound fun. Challenges are win!
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

I know this month there were 3 events planned. I threw the accolade hunt together because myself and Adm Van Wormer weekends flop differently and I wanted him to have a weekend.

Next month out of respect to the TOR guys this won't happen so there is no conflict of events. There will be the usual 2 weekends on schedule.

I will let u know that next month expect at least a CMDR lvl ship event and/or Deferia invasion grouping(which might occur on week night).

Thx guys Happy

Jump to: