View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

re: Energy Credit Help

Forum Image

I know some of you in the fleet are EDC earning (insert curse word)s. Basically Im one of those people who always find something on the exchange that I want, but I never have the EDC for it. I've at most had 6 mil at one point, and that was from selling a few good things I came across. But of course I found a few things I wanted, and now I'm sitting at 300k Happy

Basically I know Im probably not the only person wondering how best to earn more EDC, so Id like the experts to explain some ways. So if you've got millions and millions of EC, plz share your success of how you got it.

Awarded:

Yes, please do share your knowledge! I've got two more ships I'm trying to outfit on a measly 100k

Awarded:

Tip #1

Stop buying things on the exchange. If you're interested in making energy credits instead of being poor, then the exchange is for selling things, not buying them.

Tip #2

Keep an eye on what's currently considered 'valuable' - and be willing to part with it. Right now, that's going to be things like Resolve/Telekenisis Doff's, Accx3 Weapons systems, Mark 12 Consoles of blue quality or higher. Possibly certain Boff's with untrainable skills still go for a decent amount (Aux to Structure 3, Saurians with Efficiency, Beam Overload 3). If you obtain any of these, be willing to sell them, even though they might be an upgrade for you. I'm only doing well energy credit wise because I've sold 3 or 4 rare items/boffs while they were really hot on the exchange.

Tip #3

I don't do this myself, but you can attempt pricefixing. Find a niche on the market (for example, say maybe Critical Regenerators), buy them ALL, then re-list them at a higher price. I am pretty sure this is how Augurson made his millions, and I believe most people who sit on the Exchange all day engage in this sort of behavior. This one can be tough to pull off, though, so be warned. It requires capital up front, watching the exchange probably at least as much as you are shotting at stuff, and a bit of luck to boot.

Awarded:

This page is great for determing if you have a Boff with a skill that can only be learned from that Boff; in other words, they are not trainable by captains, and therefore considered valuable:

http://www.stowiki.org/Bridge_officer_ability

Rare Particle Traces use to be my money maker. I guess #3 is what I'll have to look into, since I wont be getting any good Boff's and I never land good Doff's. I'll never follow #1 twisted

I don't have millions but I find that people list items on the exchange that are lower than what you could get from just selling them to the npc vendor, a few thousand EDC profit goes a long way.
Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

HuckabeeNC wrote:
I'll never follow #1 twisted

Then stop bitching about not having credits. wink

sparrow794 wrote:
Then stop bitching about not having credits. wink

you crazy I didnt bitch haha I admit my problem. Just need help for ways to fill it tongue out

re: I disagree with #1

Always buy stuff on the exchange.. if your trying to make a profit that is.

here is what I have found. Buying is cheapest on the weekends.... selling is best on the weekdays. Why because more noobs and fairweather players play on the weekend.

So here is what you need to do. Keep certin items in your bank. Ones that are stupidly high value items. What do i mean by Stupidly high value ???

Romulan Ale - during the week these items sell for about 25k a bottle ( why i have no freaking idea ) But during the weekend you can pick them up for between 5-7k per bottle. I can pick up 20 - 50 bottle during the weekend and then turn around and sell them one at time during the weekday. making as much as 20k a bottle.

Now data is REALLY up and down. So stick to REALLY good deals. Noobs and nitwits will not realize that when they put items on sale that they are not pricing it PER item .. its for the whole lot. Soo i always take radiation and rarer particals to the exchange and check them out. I am almost always to find one or two of these on the weekend where some nit wit has put 5 or 10 up for the price of one . Those are easy turn arounds.. i reprice and put back on the market and they will sell in a matter of hours.

realize that the more "true" to the series you keep, the more likely you are to pay. What do i mean by that.. phazer cost more then plasma, ect..... so if you want to update a 2nd ship .. go off brand .. and you can do so pretty cheaply.

lastly .. stock up at bases like DS9. where they sell medical supplys. you can easyly sell large recharges for 1k a piece on the exchange in lots of 10 or 20. whle buying them for only 320 a piece.

Have all your sell spaces active and never try to compete with low prices on the weekend.. price yourself for the weekday.

I have been in the game for only a few months. I have made and spent over 7 million. including a ill advised expence of 1million on a master key for a gold box where i got something worth 30k.

these are just MHO.
Bert6583
Tactical - Captain

Ryo Himura wrote:
I don't have millions but I find that people list items on the exchange that are lower than what you could get from just selling them to the npc vendor, a few thousand EDC profit goes a long way.

If you are going to sell to an NPC I would sugest going to defara and selling to the ferangi down there. seems to give a better rate than anyone else i have found!

Awarded:

re: Re: I disagree with #1

Commander Stonewall wrote:
Always buy stuff on the exchange.. if your trying to make a profit that is...

My Tip #1 was meant for making purchases that one would keep as equipment or gear; not something that is simply a purchase intended to be resold later.

Awarded:

This may be a "no duh," but impulse engines and deflector dishes and shield arrays usually vendor for the most. If you're tight on inventory space, hold on to those and sell them.

Awarded:

re: money making without the exchange

I found that I could make about a mil or two a week running normal stfs. When I run pugs I need on everything. I also find some decent foundry missions with a ton of space battles and enemies to kill, even some random common engines deflectors and shields like mr p'rett said, will get you a moderate amount of EC. I usually get between 20-40k from them and if you have 20 of them in your inventory to sell at the end of a good evening, there EC to be had. On an average night without the stfs I do my dailies, the Defari, Eta eradani sector ones, the ugc one and sometimes the B'tran cluster one.It all gathers me dilithium which is far more valuble than EC, but limited to how much you can gain in one day. In this process I loot a ton of the deflectors, engines, and shield arrays. If you spend a week grinding dilithium thru dailes, and stfs, i am sure the random crap you loot during them could net you a large sum of EC. Now if you combine my tactics for making EC and some of the other guys tactics, you could sell some of the blue/purple gear you loot for a tad bit more on the exchange, but I am interested in instant sales. So I vendor most everything, but i also don't end up with much purple loot to sell, i use most of it to make my toons better. Oh and don't forget your doff missions they can get you some handy dandy items to sell for a decent price also.
Landshark535

The fast way:

I personally have gone from 100k to about 5.1 mil (mostly) by selling those mystery boxes you get from STFs for about 60k each. If you go to sell any on the exchange and you see some low-balled fore 40k post at 50k to 60k anyways. The low-balled boxes sell pretty fast so your higher cost box will look more and more reasonable.

When they first released the cardassian lock boxes I was selling those for over 100k each, but then people realized how useless they are.

The slow way:

Whenever you finish an STF look up what your junk loot is selling for on the exchange and set your price accordingly. I recently sold a phaser turret MK XI for 500k.

The reason if differentiate is because the mystery boxes sell in less then a few hours (even minutes or seconds sometimes) and the turret took a few days.
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

Thx for posting sir. I broke down and decided I'd open a few lock boxes with the 2 gold ones I got. Well after opening those and getting the gambling device x2, I got pissed and sold the rest of my 10-pack of keys for a good few mill.

Worked out, some idiot put a sweet MkXII quantum on exchange for 2.5 mil so I won out :-)

Jump to: