View previous topic :: View next topic  
L. Wolf Fenrir

re: Omega awards for space?

Why are there no STF awards for space?? Ground MK XI I can buy both sets...Space MK XII you gott'a earn them babies..I have both!
LOL

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
- General George Patton Jr
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

As the creator of this award I'll be happy to answer.

The award was created to replace the old STF fleet award since the mission themselves no longer required the pain staking 2 hours to complete.

I, with agreement from the command staff at the time, decided the award would be based off the Mk XI, not the XII. The reason for this was for it to be an award that was earnable. Mk XII drops are pure luck and I did not want a medal based on pure luck but something a player could work toward. Just like you could earn the old STF medal through time and work.

The reason I made it ground set is because you are awarded with a unique costume unlock and title. The ground sets are more sought after for this very reason. Also the ground mission are still a challenge unless performed in a precise manner even on normal. There are no plans to switch it to space and ground. This was something considered in creation and decided just for ground gear.

So basically thats why the award is for Mk XI ground gear. If you want the medal, I see no reason why you can't spend some of those EDC you have staked wink

Thanks for the background. I am pretty sure I will get the ground set one way or another.

Any hints or tips to earn them?

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
- General George Patton Jr
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: