View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
VADM pRett
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: STOked tells it like it is..

Yes, Blod, and you never fail to be sure to proclaim "I told you so" to be sure people remember how important you once were.

Didn't you also predict TOR would be the next big thing and drag a lot of subs away from STO? TOR is bleeding subs now, too, and STO is still doing well.

As Huck said, like them or not, the lockboxes are a smart business move on the part of PW/Cryptic.

Borannus wrote:
Didn't you also predict TOR would be the next big thing and drag a lot of subs away from STO? TOR is bleeding subs now, too, and STO is still doing well.

Yea I remember this now. I guess if you make a whole lot of predictions about games, and you manage to land a "I was right" one time.....Alakazaam, you're an "educated" expert.

Awarded:

Ezreq Blodvaerd wrote:
STO will shutter its doors in less than 2 years.

MMO's rarely 'shut their doors.' If you can name 3 AAA North American titles that actually turned off their servers due to bona fide business failure, then that will be 2 more than I know of.

Protip: Star Wars Galaxies doesn't count.

sparrow794 wrote:
MMO's rarely 'shut their doors.' If you can name 3 AAA North American titles that actually turned off their servers due to bona fide business failure, then that will be 2 more than I know of.

Protip: Star Wars Galaxies doesn't count.

I'm not sure why SWG doesn't count, but here are a few:

Asheron's Call 2
Earth and Beyond
Tabula Rasa

Also at least one minor title: Auto Assault

I never played AC2, and I beta tested both AA and TR.

Earth & Beyond was actually my first MMO and it was very well done for its time. In many way E&B was better than EVE is, even today. It was very strange why EA so suddenly shut the doors on that game.

Awarded:

Ezreq Blodvaerd wrote:

Asheron's Call 2
Earth and Beyond
Tabula Rasa

Also at least one minor title: Auto Assault

I never played AC2, and I beta tested both AA and TR.

Earth & Beyond was actually my first MMO and it was very well done for its time. In many way E&B was better than EVE is, even today. It was very strange why EA so suddenly shut the doors on that game.

And none of these were AAA titles...if you are going to continue this rather pointless tirade of yours at least have the decency to pay attention to what is said instead of just tossing random crap out..we get the gist of it..you are superior in all your knowledge of all the games you play...blah, blah, blah...do us all a favor and go back to reserve status...at least then the forums aren't full of your snide comments and self serving loads of crap...which I for one have had my fill of.

I'll agree with Huck and add that not only are you a troll sir...but you are unfit to be called an officer of this fleet.

Awarded:

Speaking as the CoS and not as p'Rett or the person behind the toon, we all (yes, I include myself) need to dial it back a notch or two. This is not what the 7th is about. Try to keep comments on a subject positive or at least constructive in nature.

Yes, occasionally everyone needs a vent/rant post, but those shouldn't be the norm.

AS for the COS's call for cooler heads in this debate, I'm happy to do just that. If I resorted to any name calling, I apologize for that. I personally try to avoid turning a discussion about a game into a personal attack.

CoS EDIT: This would have been an ideal point to simply nod and smile, instead of trying to get in the last word.

Ezreq Blodvaerd wrote:
CoS EDIT: This would have been an ideal point to simply nod and smile, instead of trying to get in the last word.

Not sure what was said, don't care.

CoS EDIT: What's good for the goose and all that.

*whacks Huck's nose with a rolled-up newspaper*

+1
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

HuckabeeNC wrote:

Not sure what was said, don't care.

CoS EDIT: What's good for the goose and all that.

*whacks Huck's nose with a rolled-up newspaper*

Haha yea that was my bad on that last small sentence, was actually gettin on to correct that, I'll take the whack though

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: