Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Captains Log USS Lassen

Forum Image

Captain's Log
U.S.S. Lassen
Stardate 90784.13
Vice Admiral Jason H Smith, Commanding

We have completed the shakedown and trial runs of our new Multi-Mission Surveillance Explorer, the USS Lassen, NCC-91082.

She has surpassed my expectations on countless occasions and continues to distinguished herself both in and out of combat. The science tools and capabilities of this new class of starship are literally amazing. It is by far, the most advanced science based exploration class ship in the starfleet today and I am sure she will carry the name Lassen proudly.

We just finished a combat tour new New Romulus. While our civilian leadership is keen on trusting and building upon our new partnership with our Romulan "friends," I cannot help but not fully trust them. But I guess the ole saying applies here...keep your enemies close and your friends closer!

My new XO is a hell of a leader and I feel fully comfortable leaving the Lassen in his hands when I get the call to go play golf with Fleet Admiral Fortin and Dep Commander Van Wormer We finally finalized our senior staff members are we are starting to form a well oiled machine here. It is good to see the crew come together and work as a cohesive unit.

On a personal note, I can remember a time when being in command of a starship was actually fun, but since talking over as 3rd in command of 7th Fleet, paperwork seems to be my worst enemy. Perhaps we can head out into deep space and find some Borg ships to shoot at!

Or am I biting off more than I can chew?
Jason32
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Captain's Log
U.S.S. Lassen
Stardate 90851.76

We have finished our first and second combat patrols within Eta Eridani and Gamma Orionis sectors - generally homespace to the Klingons and Borg. I am pleased to report both ship and crew performed without a flaw. Some of the new classified weapons and abilities of this Multi-Mission Surveillance Explorer are staggering. She continues to prove her worth to the 7th Fleet and the Federation each and every day.

The crew has finally settled in normal routine and have begun leaning on each other in times of need. I am glad to see they are starting to gel into a cohesive unit and family.

In the meantime, I have been keeping up with the latest intelligence reports from Starfleet...and I am worried to say the least. It appears the Federation might have a new foe within our doorsteps within the coming months. The Romulans tend to be very unpredictable, not to mention untrustworthy. We have helped them re-build their home world and defensive capability - I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the ass...

More to follow...

Awarded:

Captain's Log
U.S.S. Lassen
Stardate 90851.83

Well...I am always hoping I am wrong, but in the case of the Romulans, the more I read the current intel reports the more I feel I am going to be right. The Romulans have secretly been re-arming themselves. For what purpose, I have no idea, but you can be damn assured it won't be just for "defending the homeland".

Starfleet has recalled all of its flag officers for a series of conferences and planning sessions in case the inevitable happens. Bottom line, we must be prepared. I will be meeting with FA Fortin and ADM Van Wormer at Earth Space Dock to discuss what the 7th needs to do to prepare. Eventually, we will need to bring all of our Commanding Officers into the loop, but for now, discretion is the key.

Last night, I received this imagery below from a long-range satellite station near new Romulus. It's the new D'deridex Warbird the Romulans have seen secretly building. For some reason, this one was not cloaked, so our spy satellites found it. If the Klingons or Romulans knew we had a cloaked listening post out there, they would shit a brick!

Forum Image

Awarded:

Captain's Log
U.S.S. Lassen
Stardate 90851.85

The Lassen is currently docked at Starbase Solrac Yatug while her command officer is behind a desk doing paperwork! I guess someone has to do it, right? Additionally, we have begun combat planning to deal with two areas the fleet might be engaging in soon. One is the Romulans problem, the other is devising plans to combat the new "No Win Scenario" combat exercise, which I can tell you is a secret training exercise to deal with the new Romulan threat, but that information is HIGHLY classified.

I plan to include several of our senior combat officers in this planing event. Unfortunately, we have alot of fresh blood in the 7th, which is a good thing, but many of our CO's are untested...but I have the feeling they will get a change to get there combat streamers soon.

Remind me to get with the FTO and get some training planned for these untested CO's. Last thing we need is someone panicking in a time of crisis.

Computer - encrypt the previous log entry with 7th Fleet code Alpha 2375, security level: TOP SECRET VI.

Jump to: