View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason32
Science - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

re: Awarding the 7th Fleet Silver Palm

Forum Image

I would like to take a moment to recognize one of our own...

As you know, Captain Morgan Shackelford has been working day and night on redesigning and revamping the new fleet namebars and fleet awards.

Additionally, he spearheaded the Fleet Anniversary Events planning and execution, which many of you have enjoyed over the past month.

Shack is the one of the many reasons why this fleet has been here since March the 25, 2009...and this fleet will continue to grow and prosper so long as we have people like him.

In lieu of these qualities of leadership and personal sacrifice and by the approval of Fleet Admiral Fortin, it is my honor to present him with the 7th Fleet Silver Palm.

By order of:

Jason S. Smith,
Vice Admiral
7th Fleet Chief of Staff

Forum Image
CAPT Huckabee
Tactical - Captain

congrads daddy

I'd like to take a moment, as a new addition to the Fleet, to thank Captain Shackelford. New members come and go and it can be hard to find the motivation to help them. Captain Shackelford is one of the 7th Fleet officers who have gone above and beyond in making me feel welcome and I want to publicly thank him for that. His dedication to the 7th Fleet is obvious and appreciated by all, from the crustiest old veteran to the greenest ensign.

Sir, I salute you.

Awarded:

Well deserved; congrats, Capt Grumpypants.

Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I just wanted to say thank you for the superbly crafted words in the OP. It means a lot, to be honest. It's not often I'm left unable to respond in kind, but you all took me by surprise tonight and I really didn't know what to say.

We all deserve to have the best Fleet in the game. I do what I can do to make this fleet the most fun for the membership as possible. I do what I can do, because I often feel that no matter how much I do, it will never be equal to what I've received in return.

I have forged friendships with this group that I cherish and that will last the rest of my life. That's not something I can say about a lot of guilds I've been in. I've said this in the past, but my work is simply a reflection of all of you. Maybe it's cheesy, but when you watch a video I made or look at a ship patch - it's not my sweat that you see; it's my vision of what outstanding men you all are.

Awarded:

Congrats, Shack. I know the feeling. Everytime I got an award for doing tech support, all I could think of saying is, "I would have done it anyway" - to keep us all together in game and in Vent.

And, thanks for all of your hard work over the years and for being a friend. Shit, I can't avoid sounding sappy at this point, and I hope the others don't mind my saying, we feel the same about you. This one's yours, dude, enjoy it.

JT

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Admiral Van Wormer
Science - Admiral

Awarded:

Congrats Shack! You are truly ONE of the stars of the Seventh Fleet.

Don

Awarded:

Congrats sir, truly great work.... Thanks

Jump to: