View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBob357

re: Star Cruiser Build

I was a little hesitant to post this seeing as how the skill are going to be revamped in the near future, but if what they claim is true, we won't be really "losing" anything so hopefully this is still viable post-season 11.5

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=starcruiser_10873

So if anyone took a gander at the tank build posted n the STOBuibs sub-reddit, this is simply my attempt to tweak it for tactical purposes. Last night I was able to hit ~85K in a less than perfect ISA run. Obviously this is lower than my 95K run  in my Fleet Arbiter, but far more promising. In the Arbiter run I needed to trigger Go Down Fighting (GDF), which scales with less hull, and since I have the Invincible starship trait, I could basically be at 0% for 8 seconds which gives me a stupidly huge damage bonus. In this run, I didn't come close to <50% Hull HP, which also means I didn't get to call in Fleet Support III. Since the vast majority of players prefer to stay at 100% Hull I felt this build would be much more palatable.   

This setup is also less optimal since I am lacking any epic beam arrays, and I am having to get used to broadsiding since the Arbiter was mostly forward facing.

ATM, I don't have any +threat plasma consoles or points in threat control so I didn't pull enough threat, and by extension, get shot at enough for feedback pulse to even proc so I got zilch that ability in terms of damage. I am currently playing around with other science abilities to see how I can maximize damage output.

The real surprise hear was that my the four -threat plasma consoles (3 epic/1 UR) did >24K DPS on their own and were my biggest source of DPS.

I know the price of the two lobi consoles and the polymorphic probe array may be to steep for some so the alternative would be to slot the three piece console set from the Flagship bundle (see the tank link I posted), so you would only really need to shell out for the plasmonic leech, and maybe buy or craft a Conductive RCS Accelerator with the [EPS] modifier to replace the EPS Flow Regulator.

I also want to stress that since the skill revamp is on the horizon, I would NOT make any changes to your skill tree. The changes I do plan are making are as follows:

- Add Terran Task Force Disruptor beam array and drop the Omni. Actual load out will beam the TTFD, ARAP, and 6x [CrtD] [Dmg]x2 [Pen] antiproton beam arrays.

- Replace +AP vulnerability locators with the +Beam variant since I will be running one non-AP beam.

The reason for the TTFD and +beam tac consoles is do to the mathematically higher DPS they will afford. This is absolutely a min-maxing weapon choice and is NOT, I repeat, NOT needed unless that is a rabbit-hole you are looking to go down. I probably will not update this till after the skill revamp, if at all, but if you have any questions (or even adive), feel free to post them.

-Cain  

Awarded:

ya, i was reading the same thing and it got me to modify my build, even on arbiter with dbb. 

add terran task force (says its most powerful in game) and radiant antiproton

switch all +AP consoles to +beam

i havent gotten the +beam consoles yet, but will let you know if it parses higher or lower then what im running now (the 2 beams would replace 2 dbb mkiv epic ctrd pen and 4 epic +ap consoles)

Captain Nimmoth, USS Mandragoran, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP
BigBob357

Nimmoth wrote:

(the 2 beams would replace 2 dbb mkiv epic ctrd pen and 4 epic +ap consoles)

Well if you're running DBB, you would only replace one of them with the TTFD. You would only add in the ARAP if you were running regular beam arrays.

here's the link to the conversation there this is explained:  https://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comments/43at3e/beam_or_ap/?

Jump to: