View previous topic :: View next topic  
xlxMAVERICxlx

re: New Line of Ship Names

So I've been thinking:

I'm currently using Metal Gear names to name my ships. All 3 of my characters currently have at least one ship based on the Metal Gear series but I'm very particular.

FED: U.S.S. Shagohod - Ships named after MGS3

KDF: I.K.S. Rex - MGS 1 and 2 (Exception with the Obelisk carrier on FED toon, named "Arsenal Gear" after MGS2)

RSE: Metal Gear villains!!! Just made sense to me considering Romulans were originally villains up until DS9.

Anyway, I'm getting bored with it and am thinking about switching to maybe moving towards the Spartacus series, at least for FED. Since that backstory is Roman based, it would make sense to have a U.S.S. Batiatus or U.S.S. Crixus. I did base my Captain's Log entries anyway. Thoughts?

Whatever you decide really.  I know the Vesta class for the first 7 built, they were based off some hills/mountains (something like that) from the Rome area for their names.

"What came first?  The thought or the word?  Or was it the word then the thought?" - Lorien, B5

Captain -- I don't think that senior staff will kick you out of the fleet for ship name changes; i.e., no Ship Naming Police.  So whatever floats your boat for ship's names.  What I have noticed is most folks tend to have their ship's themed based, usually on the name of their Skipper.  However, with the opportunity to have so many ships per toon, newer ships might be outside of the theme.  For instance, across my toons, I have a few ships named after a true American Hero - John Snowden.  This is no more than a political statement and to piss-off the NSA monkey's that monitor STO. 

Also, if push comes to shove, you can always edit the ship's name in your back-story.   At the end of the day, keep it simple and what works best for you.  That's my 2 cents. 

Cheers!

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> The Quarterdeck All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: