Valeʼncynos
Engineering - Captain

re: Lifetime Sub. Sale

Worth it?

Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Back when the game first started it was... i'm not to sure about now... but im sure someone else can elaborate 

I didn't buy a Lifetime back in the day, because F2P was on horizon.  Well then F2P hit and I always regretted not getting the Lifetime.  So I did when it went on a sale.........

.........and me personally, regretted.  I didn't gain anything I actually use.  It's cool getting the 500 zen a month, but if I ship comes out and I really want it, I see myself just buying it right out instead of waiting 5 months to save up.  I usually buy the smaller stuff per month though that I normally wouldn't buy.  The ship is neat and really cool.  You can do a lot of builds with it, but it just wasn't to my taste.  The perks you get from being Silver and a Gold member (like EC limit, bank size) I already had from when it went F2P or drop the few bucks to get it unlocked.  Never wear any of the uniforms really.  Captain's table is a void place.  The Delta flyer is a better shuttle then the Yacht.  The fireworks (300 day) reward are cool to play with though.  Like I said, don't use any of the stuff I got from it.

That's my opinion in all honesty.  Not being a grump or negative, just giving you the truth from my end.

Kind of feel the same as what Huck said, though at the time I was eager to see what STO had in store and wanted to help further development of the game. So that's why I bought lifetime. I like supporting games I enjoy.

Even if I hardly use the perks and had most unlocked before I bought lifetime, I hope to think my week or two of wages helped the game in some way.

davisjm0311

I've been quite happy with mine. The respec tokens, VA ship once you hit 50, and zen are pretty handy. 

VADM JT Kerry
VADM JT Kerry
Engineering - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

I started with LM and the Game Stop Collector's Edition, so I can't relate to not having membership.  When it went F2P, many of the Lifer's were upset, but the stipend has paid that back.  One thing to consider, even with my Lifetime membership, I still end up buying things from time to time.  I bought into it when you had to pay to play.  And I saw that, at that time, the discounted LM would end up saving me money over the long haul, which it has.  If I were to do it now, I would find it hard to justify it.

JT

VADM JT Kerry, USS Astoria, "Lucky" 7th Fleet, Starfleet Command, UFP

Valeʼncynos
Engineering - Captain

Thank you all for the input.  I think I will look at something else to spend my money on.  Maybe that Star Citizen game I keep hearing about.

Morgan Shackelford
sparrow794
Tactical - Vice Admiral

Awarded:

Valeʼncynos wrote:

Thank you all for the input.  I think I will look at something else to spend my money on.  Maybe that Star Citizen game I keep hearing about.

My LTS has been a very positive experience, but I've also had it for a very long time and its already paid for itself.  Spending your money on Star Citizen might not be a bad idea though, a lot of people sound like they're going to be playing that.

Jump to: