View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPT Moroski

re: Support Cruiser Retrofit Torp Boat

Reference Photos:

Ship Layout

*Note that the empty slot is filled with a Mk X Neut.

This is an idea that I have been playing with since yesterday. I am thinking that the Tier 5 Ambassador can be used as a good torp boat. Keep in mind that the build is not yet finished and i am looking for input.

With this build I plan on going all Rapid Reload Transphasic Torpedoes. Using the link as a guide to them I am going to be using 2 Transphasic Compressor, 1 Rule 62 Multipurpose Combat Console, 1 Zero-Point Energy Conduit, 1 Tachyokinetic Converter, and 1 Assimilated Module. The rest of the consoles are self expiatory. I am also going to keep the Gravametric Torp and the 360 Antiproton Beam Array as well. I am currently using the Borg set. Here are a few questions on equipment:

What set would be best to use for this kind of a build?

What kind of Warp Core would you use? ( I was thinking either something that gave me W-->S or W-->A) 

Now this was another point that hit me as to why this ship could work well as a Torp Boat, LT Commander Sci BOFF. I was reading up on Torp Boats on the STO Forums and noted that Tac and Sci officers make good Torp Boats. As you know Tacs for the Tac Abilities, Sci for their mean Sci abilities, but what if you did a Sudo Tech Build on this ship? As shown in picture 2, keep the Tac BOFF Skills, replace the Commander LT Cmdr with AUX to Batt and the Boarding party 1 with Aux To Batt and keep the Sci abilities as they are. So my question there is:

Should I dump a heal and the Emg Power To Sheilds for 2 Emg Power To AUX?

As for Doffs, 3 "Laws" and 2 Horatios. Thoughts?

The power lvls in the picture goes from left to right:

65/35

79/50

72/45

94/70

Since torps dont take up a lot of power, and i am reling on my sci abilities i thought that this config would work. Thoughts?

Lastly, the traits are pretty standard.

Overall thoughts, comment, input?

Awarded:

Moving this to the ship loadouts forum.

Unless you put a couple of A2B skills on this, those technicians aren't doing anything for you. 

Using an A2B build will dump your Aux.

Last edited by davisjm0311 on 09/02/14 15:53; edited 1 time in total

Gerron Vek

I remember trying to do this a long time ago in one of the science ships.  The global cooldown is the killer.  That was a sortly after release though.  WE didn't have nearly as many toys then as we have now. 

If you can make it work though you dont need power in your weapon systems.  You may want to explore options to drop enemy shields.  Target shields and a tachyon beam.  I honestly think this would work alot better on a Science ship.   The Engineering consoles just don't synergise well with Torpedos.  Now What you might do instead is develop this as a complete Fleet support cruiser.   Trade out some of your Engineering skills for team support biffs.  Extend shields and Engineering teams for example.    Keep your friends alive until the shields become weak.  At that point you would Start hammering them with torpedos.

Wupteedo
Science - Fleet Captain

Glorious indeed, Sir.  Had a similar build for last year's CE event, just not as fancy nor high-end equipment.  However, it was just fun watch a $hitload of Torpedoes rain down on the CE from above.  Also, that is how I got the CE trophy in my officer's mess.  

Fun, something that seems to be missing from STO these days. 

Improvise    Adapt    Overcome

Anton Mercer
Engineering - Captain

Awarded:

Just a note concerning "Law". He is a one time reward from the "Fistful of Gorn" mission, and is bind on pickup so having 3 of him specifically is impossible, you would have to go for equivalents... if this was already known then disregard.

Davis: yes A2B will drain my Aux, which is why I would use it at the time I would use it to beef up my Sci skills. Other then that it would still help with the cool down on the Toro spread combined with the doff Torp abilities. Which is where I am uncertain what warp core to use since torps don't need a lot of power. 

Yes, I was aware of law being a one time pickup. Was just using it as a quick type.

I could use a sci ship instead, but I wanted to see if It would bee possibly le to make it work on this ship. 

I will be on vent later tonight if anyone would be interested in helping with this ship build.

Any other suggestions, comments, or thoughts?

how about slapping a bio-neural warhead on there?

If you want to do it on teh Ambasador then lets get it done on the Ambasador.   I'm all for having a fun themed build and trying to optimise it :).   Sticking with the Engineering skills.  I question the Aceton beams.   If I'm readin gthat iccon right.   I would put in an Extend shields for fleet support and maybe emergency power to dampners.   Being a torpedo boat you will want to be able to bring your weaposn to bear.   The extra speed and manuverability that provides will be very useful in tight quarters.   I like the boarding party choice althoguh I would consider making it a higher tier one for more reliable results.    MAybe put in extend shields 2 Boarding party 3 and Emergency to dampners 1

For your science skills. Gravity well is a good solid choice for crowd control.  and for clumping people together.   The only possible change I would think of would be to make it a Viral Matrix.  Especially if you know you are only fighitng a single foe.   I don't know abou tthe other two choices.   The Hazard beam is decent for the healing although I generally feel naked without a polorize hull anymore.  Also I think a Tachyon beam might be worth playing around with.  Alot depends on how hard you are finding it to knock down the enemies shields.  If the hazard beams have to stay (and they are a good choice)  I would say Polorize hull would be an important second power.   If you go ahead and get rid of hazard beams get teh tachyon beam as well.    Remember you need to bring torps to bear.  Getting tractored will neuter you.   Speed is life and Polorize hull lets you maintain speed.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    7th Fleet Forum Index -> Ship Loadouts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: